Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be looking out for your lists... Don't think I'll be doing one - I've missed too much. But some great one's I liked were Aorlhac, Asphyx, Bewitcher, Clandestine Blaze, Hyperdontia, Impaled Nazarene, Outre-Tombe, Sarkrista, Tribulation and Yoth Iria.

I will spin the Darkthrone and Necromantia albums a bit more and see if I like them any better...

Page 666, too. Nice. :)

That Yoth Iria is fantastic, aren't the two guys who started Rotting Christ behind this band? Really impressed with this album.

1st song on the new Anomalie album is interesting. Previous album had more Harakiri vibes which is understandable but this is more Pagan, sort of Primordal meets Harakiri. Only got 3 songs in before my 10yo daughter got in the car with the next 2 not as strong on 1st listen but that 1st song hooked me.

Morbid Saint I always confused with Morbid Angel. I tried Morbid Angel back in the day and it was too much for me so I've ignored both. I'm apparently simple boy when 1 word confuses me.

Where my tastes have gone since I might need to revisit both.
Revisit this album while you're at it..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st song on the new Anomalie album is interesting. Previous album had more Harakiri vibes which is understandable but this is more Pagan, sort of Primordal meets Harakiri. Only got 3 songs in before my 10yo daughter got in the car with the next 2 not as strong on 1st listen but that 1st song hooked me.

I’ve tried Anomalie but never really clicked. I’ll give them another go - Harakiri + Primordial sounds pretty appealing.

Gillan - Future Shock

You a fan of the solo band deathevocation?

This is basically speed metal and came out I'm '81.

I’ve actually never bought any of his solo stuff. No reason why. I did see this on vinyl recently and thought about picking it up. After listening to this I wish I had.

Turns out I am not very good at paintball. Doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as I'd been led to believe, though. Axe throwing tonight (it's my sister's fiancee's bucks today), so we'll see how much shame I bring to my Viking ancestors.

Hypocrisy - Worship

Went to JB to see if there was anything worth picking up given 20% off. Surprised that and Exodus aren’t available particularly when the new Unleashed was available on release date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back