Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

What the fu** is going on at the moment? Gigs are getting cancelled left and right. The government hasn't shut down venues have they? Canberra Metal Fest just cancelled and rescheduled for the middle of the year.

I must say I'm wondering about the Desecrator gig in a few weeks, haven't heard anything but I assume it's going ahead

What the fu** is going on at the moment? Gigs are getting cancelled left and right. The government hasn't shut down venues have they? Canberra Metal Fest just cancelled and rescheduled for the middle of the year.
Deathcamp Earth is here!!

We're all gonna starve and I can't see a local metal band. Venues should know there are no dance 'floors' at metal gigs, only mosh 'pits'. No limitations on pits as far as I can tell.
!!!

"Won't accept no disco, won't accept no dance
We're no trendy assholes, we are heavy metal fans"

Yep its a good bit of kit - fwiw, the focus should really be on the mighty Lizzy Borden and one of the finest hard rock albums of the 80s.
May I inquire what speakers / phones you use?

May I inquire what speakers / phones you use?

I have floor-standing Focal speakers. The Naim system has inbuilt Tidal & Spotify connect, so I don't use a phone to stream. It streams in through the ethernet cable directly into the unit.

Edit: I've placed an order on the new Cyrus CDi player too, which will connect straight into the box as well.

Last edited:
I have floor-standing Focal speakers. The Naim system has inbuilt Tidal & Spotify connect, so I don't use a phone to stream. It streams in through the ethernet cable directly into the unit.
I trust you get plenty of neighbour complaints!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stopped by Dixons today as I was in Blackburn. Haven't been there in a while, there's quite a large metal CDs section these days. Mostly stuff I'm not interested in but stumbled across this gem. Great for background listening/party vibe... I have their other albums so was stoked to spot this one.

Utopia order arrived. New Rage on. As expected sounds so much better from cd through my system. HRR order left Germany on Monday and cleared customs here today - hopefully get that tomorrow. Purchased the Brocas Helm vinyl reissues (good enough to have on all formats), the Wheel album, the new Running Wild, the new Outre Tombe and Gallery of Suicide on vinyl (only need Torture, EP and ASD on vinyl now). That’s my holiday gifts covered.

Isis - Oceanic

A band that has slipped under my radar somewhat given Ive only heard a couple songs from them before. Not sure if im a fan :huh:

Definitely an odd style, and one I only go to every now and again.

Did get to see them years ago, actually caught Meshuggah in the city then drove to the Corner Hotel in Richmond for Isis right after. Isis broke up a few months afterwards, but ended up releasing that Melbourne gig on CD, which I picked up on a JB trip.

Bit more of a hipster crowd than what I'm used to, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back