Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Tickets already purchased for the Melb gig. And I'm really looking forward to it - Erik is a great fit for Skid Row. Loved his albums with H.E.A.T. Have all the Reckless Love cds too (Animal Attraction the pick of 'em), plus that Wicked Smile debut (solid). Going to be a great night. Will you go to the Brisbane gig?

Reckon it would be a fun night. Is Kiss in December as well?

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
Never really paid attention to them. Absolute killer release - love the solos. Will pick up the rest. Voidhanger worth checking out?
Yup, I really like Voidhanger too. Up the same sort of path as Infernal War, maybe not as intense drumming or the solos like on Terrorfront, but still have a similar sort of punch if that makes any sense. Working Class Misanthropy is probably my fav album of theirs.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Considering whether i go to King Parrot this Friday. Seen them several times, always have fun but im not really that fond of their music.

Also Im going to be down in Melbourne in early July for a week or so. Hope to catch a gig or 2. Does anyone know of any decent bands playing from July 2nd-8th 'or so'?

Considering whether i go to King Parrot this Friday. Seen them several times, always have fun but im not really that fond of their music.

Also Im going to be down in Melbourne in early July for a week or so. Hope to catch a gig or 2. Does anyone know of any decent bands playing from July 2nd-8th 'or so'?

I have the exact same relationship with King Parrot. A really fun live act, but I honestly can't listen to them outside of that setting, their recorded stuff doesn't do it for me in the slightest. Still, they do come across as a great bunch of blokes, so you want them to succeed for that reason.

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics

Saw their QLD support line up, looks pretty solid, would be a decent night imo

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Could never get into Voivod to be honest. Tried but failed a few times. What's their best? Maybe I'll try again??

You sound a bit like me. That said as I’ve gotten older I’ve enjoyed them more. Perhaps try Killing Technology - from 87 and produced by Harris Johns. A band you have to invest some time in.

Back