Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

A7X

I feel like I should have been a massive fan of this band, but I guess the timing was never right?

A 40 year old lament

Heaven Shall Burn - Of Truth and Sacrifice

I know 'core' music isnt very popular in here but for me there are a few metalcore/deathcore bands that capture my attention. HSB is definitely one, and my favourite. Architects are another (although i thought their last album was *en horrible and their 2nd most recent not great either) and Killswitch Engage/Times of Grace are okay too. KSE mainly because they got me listening to heavier music and even though i feel ive outgrown them i still listen for nostalgic reasons.

Apparantly HSB are amazing live and the videos of them playing at Wacken are pretty damn insane. There isn't too much variation in sound from album to album but i dont really mind as they seem to hit a sweet spot for me with their guitar tone and catchy riffs. Marcus Bischoff's vocals are better than at least 95% of the vocals you hear within the genre too.

Any fans in here?

Heaven Shall Burn - Of Truth and Sacrifice

I know 'core' music isnt very popular in here but for me there are a few metalcore/deathcore bands that capture my attention. HSB is definitely one, and my favourite. Architects are another (although i thought their last album was *en horrible and their 2nd most recent not great either) and Killswitch Engage/Times of Grace are okay too. KSE mainly because they got me listening to heavier music and even though i feel ive outgrown them i still listen for nostalgic reasons.

Apparantly HSB are amazing live and the videos of them playing at Wacken are pretty damn insane. There isn't too much variation in sound from album to album but i dont really mind as they seem to hit a sweet spot for me with their guitar tone and catchy riffs. Marcus Bischoff's vocals are better than at least 95% of the vocals you hear within the genre too.

Any fans in here?
I don't mind them, they have some great songs like Counterweight but I haven't listened to them since Invictus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steel Panther / Airbourne in October.

294728248_596684481823946_8135571559598478902_n.jpg

Krisiun never disappoints. Mixing is great. Very heavy toms.

Absolute killer band. Seen them twice, and they've been amazing both times.

Conquerors of Armageddon a classic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back