Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Napalm Death - Smear Campaign

Re Sodom, I don’t mind it. Seems like your typical ‘compilation album new track’ type thing a bit though.

I just get a weird feeling that they're trying too hard to be old school and it feels a bit forced. They were a genuinely unique band with the previous line-up, where as now they're just another black/thrash band.

I just get a weird feeling that they're trying too hard to be old school and it feels a bit forced. They were a genuinely unique band with the previous line-up, where as now they're just another black/thrash band.

Yeah agree it feels forced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seen that a Perth show has been added for the Stargrave Australis tour. Don't mind Blood Incantation, never heard of Dead Congregation and while I usually prefer my death metal more on the hypersonic side, I've got my ticket. Hopefully people do show up...haven't forgotten the horrendous numbers that rocked up for Incantation and Krisiun a few years back.

Just seen that a Perth show has been added for the Stargrave Australis tour. Don't mind Blood Incantation, never heard of Dead Congregation and while I usually prefer my death metal more on the hypersonic side, I've got my ticket. Hopefully people do show up...haven't forgotten the horrendous numbers that rocked up for Incantation and Krisiun a few years back.

DC are really good. Two of them were in Inveracity - can hear it on the first ep.

The promotion for those Incantation gigs was really poor from memory. Krisiun didn't get added to the bill until late in the piece and then the shows were so stacked and everything ran so late that Krisiun played a really short set and Incantation went on as everyone was leaving and played to about 20 people here. I stayed as long as possible before work the next day and my feet would allow.
I wasn't happy.

The Incantation/Krisiun gig over here was at the Bendigo Hotel (actually in Collingwood, not Bendigo for you interstaters). It's basically Melbourne's metal pub, but is a small venue, little over 100ish. Stage is very low, so if you're up the front you're right in the band's faces. Both bands were amazing that night, as were the openers.

Amorphis book coming out I hear.

Apparently first few chapters are hard back and the next 12 soft cover. Last 3-4 chapters carbon copies of the preceding ones and aimed squarely at the (Twilight ) teen market. Hang on, that’s their musical output…

The Incantation/Krisiun gig over here was at the Bendigo Hotel (actually in Collingwood, not Bendigo for you interstaters). It's basically Melbourne's metal pub, but is a small venue, little over 100ish. Stage is very low, so if you're up the front you're right in the band's faces. Both bands were amazing that night, as were the openers.

It was a Marty Anatomy promotion from memory. He ****ed the Sabbat tour up even worse - many people missed Sabbat on the Sunday night as it was running late and he still allowed all the local bands to play their sets. Think Sabbat played at 2am or some other stupid time on the Saturday show. Still remember sitting through Persecution on the Sunday wondering what the * was going on. The show was over an hour behind, it was late and with all due respect, we were there for Sabbat. Three bands ideal - four max. Pretty sure the upcoming Skeletal Remains shows have a ridiculous amount of bands on the bill. No one except some random drunks want to sit through so many supports. And yes, we can get there later but 80% of the time the crowd is tired by the time the headliner plays and they don’t get the reception they deserve (and that’s if a heap of people haven’t had to leave due to it running late).

Hells Headbangers delivery. 2 x Cadaveric Incubator albums, 2 x Denouncement Pyre albums, new Perdition Temple, Masacre - Sacro, Oldskull - Neither Hollow of No Return and Infernal War - Conflagrator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back