Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think we'll be seeing them here until 25 at the earliest. In light of the cancelled 19 tour it is somewhat annoying that they play, inter alia, Spain this year and are back there next year. Bit concerned we're not going to get the new Iron Maiden tour too (and I doubt Judas Priest are coming back). Hope I'm wrong on all fronts. Actually hope I am really wrong with IM/JP.
I'd rather a large promoter bring out the Misfits.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah, * I lasted like ten seconds once the singing kicked in. Can't stand James' vocals.

I'm really digging Heathen after seeing them in October. Dave has a great set of vocal chords. This song reminds me a little bit of Nevermore.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
I'd rather a large promoter bring out the Misfits.

Saw them on the American Psycho tour - was fun even though no Danzig obviously. Haven’t been to the subsequent tours. Reckon they would cost too much with Danzig - assume they’d play the Forum. Last of my bucket list acts that I’d like to see here are King Diamond and Mercyful Fate. No chance IMO. Manowar was once on this list but the allure dimmed some years back.

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nah, * I lasted like ten seconds once the singing kicked in. Can't stand James' vocals.

I'm really digging Heathen after seeing them in October. Dave has a great set of vocal chords. This song reminds me a little bit of Nevermore.

Man you didn’t get to the snare fills.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Saw them on the American Psycho tour - was fun even though no Danzig obviously. Haven’t been to the subsequent tours. Reckon they would cost too much with Danzig - assume they’d play the Forum. Last of my bucket list acts that I’d like to see here are King Diamond and Mercyful Fate. No chance IMO. Manowar was once on this list but the allure dimmed some years back.
They'd play a much bigger venue that the Forum if they played Melbourne, I reckon the tennis centre. The show in '97 was AWESOME.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

They'd play a much bigger venue that the Forum if they played Melbourne, I reckon the tennis centre. The show in '97 was AWESOME.

I'm a big fan of the Graves era Misfits, maybe even more so than the Danzig stuff. Much prefer the first 3 Danzig albums than the Misfits stuff he was on.

Apr 8, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I'm a big fan of the Graves era Misfits, maybe even more so than the Danzig stuff. Much prefer the first 3 Danzig albums than the Misfits stuff he was on.

Don't mind American Psycho but early Misfits is where it is at for me. Legit don't get Danzig or Samhain though. Do nothing for me. Reckon The Cult blow Danzig out of the park for that hard rock sound.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't mind American Psycho but early Misfits is where it is at for me. Legit don't get Danzig or Samhain though. Do nothing for me. Reckon The Cult blow Danzig out of the park for that hard rock sound

Overall, I would gravitate more towards The Cult as well. Having said that, "Mother" is one of the all-time classic songs imo.

Also backtozero you have the highest 'like' to 'posts' ratio I have seen on Bigfooty.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

First 3 Danzig's are stone cold classics IMO and one of the coolest line-ups ever assembled. I've never really thought of them as being in the same category as The Cult.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
American Psycho is a very metal album so why I probably enjoy it the most. They re-hashed some Kryst the Conqueror riffs (see below). Famous Monsters was disappointing.

The early Misfits stuff is utterly, utterly brilliant. Danzig solo stuff is hit and miss for me... great songs but lots of filler.

Doyle is definitely a metalhead. I'd probably get into his solo stuff more with a different vocalist.

Kryst the Conqueror:

Doyle:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Famous Monsters was disappointing.
A few of those tracks are great, namely Dust To Dust and Helena.

I think I like Graves because his voice added a lot of melody and he didn't try to be Danzig. Unfortunately I don't think the band looks back on those days too favourably. They'd be happy now with the reunion and the huge shows they're playing.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Sounds alot better then expected. Somehow wasn't impressed by the material that got on the internet earlier. But the whole album sounds good. Will buy it and give it a real proper listen then...

Wasn't expecting much either as most of the original create force of the band is long gone but pleasantly surprised by what I've heard so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back