Injury BigFooty GIANTS injury report

coniglio_number1

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2011
pannawonica
AFL Club
GWS
Wrap Phillips in cotton wool and focus him for next year and give games to downie. If he performs well then we throw a contract in front of him and that's leaves Adams as the only unsigned player from our inaugural draft. Then target a player like Paul Johnson from east Perth who has been dominating the wafl and finished high in last years sandover to bolster our ruck depth. A ruck list of Giles, Johnson, downie and Phillips isn't that bad. Then next year will be te year of NN speculation.

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
Rough trot for Phillips this year after the hamstring tendon issue, John Quinn said it started with an awkward fall at training which damaged the tendon and from there he just couldn't quite get going.

And what's with the hips? Townsend and Phillips this year, and last year there was WHE, Growden, Cameron and Mohr all having hip surgery at the tail end of the season.

Riskingheadandshin

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Sorry to intrude, I was wondering if anyone knew what is happening with Dom Tyson? It seems he recovered from his PCL late May but has only cracked for one game since. I noticed he's been emergency a couple of times.
Is he still not 100% or does his form not warrant a game?

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
Sorry to intrude, I was wondering if anyone knew what is happening with Dom Tyson? It seems he recovered from his PCL late May but has only cracked for one game since. I noticed he's been emergency a couple of times.
Is he still not 100% or does his form not warrant a game?

Yeah having missed December through May his fitness just isn't quite there. He's had some good games in the twos from what I've read, especially over the last 2-3 weeks so he'll be in line for another game or two.

Back