BigFooty how to guide - ask your questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you sponsor someone??

A great first question. Grim, perhaps you should put a blurb in the first post of the sponsorship thread?

Flameboy, you can read about player sponsorships here.

Basically you can sponsor a player directly with the club yourself from $380 up to $830, depending on how many games they've played.

In return, you get:

• Welcome letter from your sponsored player/s
• Option of signed guernsey or a signed and framed photograph of your sponsored player/s
• Recognition in the Season Review magazine and Club website lions.com.au

QLD player sponsors also receive
• Two tickets to a player sponsor function including cocktail food, beverages and a guest speaker
• Exclusive invitation for two to visit the Lions special viewing area for a pre-match warm-up

VIC player sponsors also receive
• Two tickets to a player sponsor function including cocktail food, beverages and the opportunity to meet and mingle with your sponsored player (subject to player availability) and other Lions senior team members

Alternatively, for as little as $25 you can chip in towards a BigFooty Lions Board Group Sponsorship. If you chip in $50 or more you get a 1 year BigFooty gold membership, valued at $10 (more info on the benefits here).

Apart from the free gold membership, BigFooty also contributes money (thus far $200 annually) to the player sponsorship kitty.

You can also choose to sport a little tag of one of the sponsored players under your bigfooty name like "Banfield '10" under mine over on the left of this post. Or, if you're a nufty like TheBrownDog, you could be saddled with Fev's tag forevermore.

You get to vote on which player to sponsor and the goodies are divvied up by raffle. The more you contribute, the greater weight your vote has and the more tickets you get in the raffle.

If you'd like to join in, then just pledge an amount on this year's sponsorship thread and Grimreepah will forward you the necessary details. But you'd best get in quick, there's a limit of 4 sponsors per player and they tend to start selling out around this time of year, so we're just about to close voting on the second player (Rockliff won the first nomination...Banfield's looking good for the second).

If you're feeling bored and you'd like further background, you can read through last year's sponsorship thread.

Last year we sponsored Banfield, Fevola and Black and contributed ~$1800 towards the club. Hopefully this year we'll be able to top that figure.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you need any more info.

Can't you just click on the "subscribe to this thread" button?

Yes. Go to thread tools, and click 'subscribe to this thread' from the drop down menu. This allows you to subscribe to the thread without posting in it.

The bulls eye thing is just something you get if you don't have a picture up. I don't know how to add a picture, so if anyone can enlighten me, would much appreciate it

To add a picture:

1. Click on MyBigFooty

2. On the left hand panel, under 'Settings and Options' click 'edit avator'.

3. enter url or copy a picture from your hard drive.

note: if you use a gif image it will automatically convert it to size when you upload it.

Sorry about this BOB - but not sure what subscribe to this thread actually means or does?

It depends how you use BigFooty, but basically, by default, every time you reply to a thread you are automatically 'subscribed' to it.

Then if you click 'My Bigfooty' on the left of the top menu you can see in one spot any subscribed threads that have new posts.

It is a particularly handy feature if you post on several boards across the site.

If, on the other hand, you subscribe to a thread manually by clicking on 'thread tools' at the top the thread then 'subscribe to this thread' you have the option for the site to email you whenever there's a reply to the thread or at regular intervals.

Does that make sense?

Instant email notifications: I only get one notification after I've replied or viewed a thread or even logged in, but missed following messages after that time until I log in again. Would have thought you get a notification for each reply to that thread.

Instant email notifications: I only get one notification after I've replied or viewed a thread or even logged in, but missed following messages after that time until I log in again. Would have thought you get a notification for each reply to that thread.

Belgian, I don't use the e-mail notifications function, so I can't help right now, but I'll see what I can find out.

I find I will get one email when the first reply to a thread I'm subscribed to happens. I will get another email sometime after that (seems almost to be some sort of time/activity counter since last email) but I don't get an email for every individual reply either.

I kind of like it like that though.

I find I get them consistently for each post but only when I'm logged in. When i'm logged out or don't have bigfooty on a internet page somewhere in the background I don't tend to get them until I log back in.

strange

When I asked on the mods board, Chief responded with:

Familiarise yourself with the options on this page:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/profil...do=editoptions

Then come back and tell the rest of the class the answer to the question.

:(

I'm guessing you have 'instant e-mail notification' checked from the drop down menu. If that's the case then it would seem that your preferred option is not available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have just purchased a gold membership - will i need to do anything to get the gold G to come up or does it do it automatically? Thanks

Hi there, can someone help me to put a picture on my profile. I found a picture I want in google, I copied the website address at the top of the page. I then went in to edit avatar and pasted it in the part where it says to enter URL. After I do that it comes up with a message saying " invalid file". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong please

Hi there, can someone help me to put a picture on my profile. I found a picture I want in google, I copied the website address at the top of the page. I then went in to edit avatar and pasted it in the part where it says to enter URL. After I do that it comes up with a message saying " invalid file". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong please
File could be too large?

a) not sure if you are copying the URL of the image, or the web page the image is in. If in doubt right click on the image, select 'copy image location' and then paste the URL into the same part

b) if that doesn't work, then the file is probably too big, in which case you can save the file as GIF image on your hard drive. You can then load your avatar from there.

cheers,worked a treat. While I'm at it,is there any way to change your profile name? sorry to be a hassle

I'm guessing you have 'instant e-mail notification' checked from the drop down menu. If that's the case then it would seem that your preferred option is not available.

Yep. Seems pointless that you get only the one email, until you log in the next time. That's obviously vBulletin, but thank Chief for his helpful directions and that I'm sorry to have waster his valuable time :rolleyes:. Did he actually understand the question?

Thanks for asking anyway Grim.

I think that this bit:

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

... is incorrect.

Useful tip for this board and an ever increasing requirement it seems...

1. Click on Posters username
  2. Select "View Public Profile"
  3. Select "User Lists"
  4. Click "Add to Ignore List"
  5. Stop feeding the troll and undermining everone else's ignores list by requoting them ad nauseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back