Bigfooty - In The Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course media people are on here. The real question is if there are any players (or ex players)
Yes, North players are specifically told by the media team to steer clear of here from what I've heard.

Some of them don't listen.

Have also heard of a number of players (not necessarily North) that have had depressive episodes reading the s**t thrown at them in Player Threads on BF.

Yes, North players are specifically told by the media team to steer clear of here from what I've heard.

Some of them don't listen.

Have also heard of a number of players (not necessarily North) that have had depressive episodes reading the s**t thrown at them in Player Threads on BF.

We do have our fair share of clueless posters

Having worked as a journo - not footy though - I can guarantee you it gets used.

If you were a motoring journo, you'd be acrposs motoring forums etc.

Makes sense.

If I post something brilliant as I am prone to do and you find it as a journo and run with it as a story, where do you stand WRT journalism ethics and plagiarism? I'm just an anonymous dude on an internet forum so it's not like if I ring up The Age and say 'hey I'm Scotland from BigFooty and that idea was mein!' they will GAF. I guess if you copy a post word for word it's pretty traceable and people will tweet it until someone else in the media catches on, but is stealing an idea/scoop from a forum really stealing?

This is a deluded thread. I can't think of any news story that was broken on BF, including this one. The Giantroo video was picked up by the North media manager Heath Loughlin (?) on Twitter - nothing to do with BF. That was the story Giantroo himself told Lyon & Watson on SEN early this week.

IF you look around BF you see it's mostly kvetching about umpires or discussing who's over-rated, or talking about things already reported. There's hardly any information at all, let alone breaking news. Footy media people look at it because a) they're footy fans and b) they're interested in what fans are talking about.

If I post something brilliant as I am prone to do and you find it as a journo and run with it as a story, where do you stand WRT journalism ethics and plagiarism? I'm just an anonymous dude on an internet forum so it's not like if I ring up The Age and say 'hey I'm Scotland from BigFooty and that idea was mein!' they will GAF. I guess if you copy a post word for word it's pretty traceable and people will tweet it until someone else in the media catches on, but is stealing an idea/scoop from a forum really stealing?

Would depend what it is. Nature of the story/claim/rumour.

But as a first instance, if it were something I was interested in, I'd PM you and ask if we could talk offline and take it from there.

This is a deluded thread. I can't think of any news story that was broken on BF, including this one. The Giantroo video was picked up by the North media manager Heath Loughlin (?) on Twitter - nothing to do with BF. That was the story Giantroo himself told Lyon & Watson on SEN early this week.

IF you look around BF you see it's mostly kvetching about umpires or discussing who's over-rated, or talking about things already reported. There's hardly any information at all, let alone breaking news. Footy media people look at it because a) they're footy fans and b) they're interested in what fans are talking about.

That's true. An Essendon poster first "broke" the drugs stuff in the Scandals board though, before losing his s**t and threatening to have people taken out by "special ops" cops he knows.

I wonder what % of 'scoops' aren't discussed on at least one social media platform before making it into the footy media?

Well, all the player dick pics are.

I'm always happy to be a thource for you, MaddAdam.

LOL, I no longer journo, nor did I ever lower myself to footy.

Apart from once, with Demetriou, as discussed above.

Did you read the OP?

It had an image from the HS that specifically stated things happening on Big Footy. The thread didn't start as "OMG we are more the media than the media are!>!"

More a place to keep informed of when the media uses Big Footy as a reference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt Nathan Grima tell bigfooty to get stuffed at the north B&F one year?
Yep, and the player sponsors were none too happy in their immediate discussions with him 5 minutes later.

From what I've been told by the media boss at North, most players aren't big fans of bigfooty.

Yep, and the player sponsors were none too happy in their immediate discussions with him 5 minutes later.

From what I've been told by the media boss at North, most players aren't big fans of bigfooty.

The crumb went and put on an essendon jumper after we gave him the arse, which sums him up as a human being.

It wouldn't surprise me. Come on here after a game only to see people call you everything under the sun wouldn't make you a fan of the site. Some of it ultimately is ignorant as what we as fans think a player should and what the coach tells a player to do is miles apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back