Online racial trolling & BigFooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad we agree.
Defining racism isn't always easy. Getting caught up in wordplay takes away from what is happening in our times. I believe we can all do more, wether it's becoming better informed or through the ballot box.
It's in all of our interests to make society fair.

Defining racism isn't always easy. Getting caught up in wordplay takes away from what is happening in our times. I believe we can all do more, wether it's becoming better informed or through the ballot box.
It's in all of our interests to make society fair.

While I totally agree, that is idealistic thinking, collectively as a human race we can eradicate racism.

If you look at the world, now, compared to any previous time in history we a better informed as to what is and isn't - on face value at least.

'Forcing' through the ballot box is in a sense of a form of authority at work - certainly not reflective of a free liberal democratic society that we live in.

All we can do is call out what we see an 'infringement', problem with that is there are widely varying views on what is 'infringement' or 'racism'. Now if EVERYONE is supposed to matter (#alllivesmatter) Then we're at an impasse aren't we.

Ok, thanks?
Tongue in cheek about or two clubs😉
I just meant that you
While I totally agree, that is idealistic thinking, collectively as a human race we can eradicate racism.

If you look at the world, now, compared to any previous time in history we a better informed as to what is and isn't - on face value at least.

'Forcing' through the ballot box is in a sense of a form of authority at work - certainly not reflective of a free liberal democratic society that we live in.

All we can do is call out what we see an 'infringement', problem with that is there are widely varying views on what is 'infringement' or 'racism'. Now if EVERYONE is supposed to matter (#alllivesmatter) Then we're at an impasse aren't we.
BLM simply means BLM too. It's a plea for recognition. The message is a slogan. Don't pervert the meaning. Black people feel that their lives have less value. I can't see why you can't see that

I just meant that you

BLM simply means BLM too. It's a plea for recognition. The message is a slogan. Don't pervert the meaning. Black people feel that their lives have less value. I can't see why you can't see that

He can see it, the problem is he believes it.

I just meant that you

I have no issue with BLM, after all they are part of all lives (unless you want to exclude them from everyone else - I'd hope you would not) and so I can't see why you immediately assume otherwise.

Black people shouldn't feel their lives are less valuable because of the few ignoramuses - of course I can see why they feel that way.......................... that does not equate to me 'perverting' the meaning, that is your misinterpretation.

You need to step back and have a look at the broader picture, if you are genuine about BLM then you should include ALM in your empathy otherwise your'e dismissing every other group or individual because you're emotionally motivated in the 'now'.

I have no issue with BLM, after all they are part of all lives (unless you want to exclude them from everyone else - I'd hope you would not) and so I can't see why you immediately assume otherwise.

Black people shouldn't feel their lives are less valuable because of the few ignoramuses - of course I can see why they feel that way.......................... that does not equate to me 'perverting' the meaning, that is your misinterpretation.

You need to step back and have a look at the broader picture, if you are genuine about BLM then you should include ALM in your empathy otherwise your'e dismissing every other group or individual because you're emotionally motivated in the 'now'.
Here is Jason Gillespe’s response to Rodney Hoggs comment that All lives Matter.
“If my wife comes to me in obvious pain and asks, ‘Do you love me?’ an answer of ‘I love everyone’ would be truthful, but also hurtful and cruel in the moment,”
“If a co-worker comes to me upset and says, ‘My father died,’ a response of ‘Everyone’s parents die’ would be truthful but hurtful and cruel in the moment.

“So when a friend speaks up in a time of obvious pain and hurt and says, ‘Black lives matter,’ a response of ‘All lives matter’ is truthful. But it’s hurtful and cruel in the moment.”

Here is Jason Gillespe’s response to Rodney Hoggs comment that All lives Matter.
“If my wife comes to me in obvious pain and asks, ‘Do you love me?’ an answer of ‘I love everyone’ would be truthful, but also hurtful and cruel in the moment,”
“If a co-worker comes to me upset and says, ‘My father died,’ a response of ‘Everyone’s parents die’ would be truthful but hurtful and cruel in the moment.

“So when a friend speaks up in a time of obvious pain and hurt and says, ‘Black lives matter,’ a response of ‘All lives matter’ is truthful. But it’s hurtful and cruel in the moment.”

Well then you're talking about blunt reality - truth hurts. Time to start telling fibs for feels sake? Forget all lives, only show concern for what is the now? Is that what you want?

Those analogies may make sense in theory but do not make any sense in terms of real world application. Far too simplistic for what is really going on.

The one I've seen the most, I think Nic Nat said, was "It's like when you're trying to raise funds for Leukaemia and someone says that All Cancers Matter".

The things is - there is the Breast Cancer round, National Skin Cancer week, Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, Lung Cancer Awareness Month etc. There is support and ongoing awareness being raised for these causes. We all know about them.

In terms of the BLM cult movement; the support doesn't extend pass Black Lives.

People say "oh kneeling, IT'S FOR EVERYONE!". But, it's not. When you try and make it about everyone, you're called "tone deaf", "racist" or "insensitive".

There is no support for White Lives, Asian Lives, Indian Lives etc. That's my POV. Are we going to have seperate weeks for all other races? No, probably not.

If it was only a few ignoramuses, you'd be correct. But it's not, and in the case of some arms of government, it runs through the system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those analogies may make sense in theory but do not make any sense in terms of real world application. Far too simplistic for what is really going on.

The one I've seen the most, I think Nic Nat said, was "It's like when you're trying to raise funds for Leukaemia and someone says that All Cancers Matter".

The things is - there is the Breast Cancer round, National Skin Cancer week, Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, Lung Cancer Awareness Month etc. There is support and ongoing awareness being raised for these causes. We all know about them.

In terms of the BLM cult movement; the support doesn't extend pass Black Lives.

People say "oh kneeling, IT'S FOR EVERYONE!". But, it's not. When you try and make it about everyone, you're called "tone deaf", "racist" or "insensitive".

There is no support for White Lives, Asian Lives, Indian Lives etc. That's my POV. Are we going to have seperate weeks for all other races? No, probably not.

Pauline Hanson does the white lives thing quite regularly, quite a bit of media coverage.

There's a good reason why not many people take her seriously.

No. I'm likening your point of view to Pauline Hanson's.
I literally said;

>When you try and make it about everyone, you're called "tone deaf", "racist" or "insensitive".

Which is exactly what you're trying to do now. Way to prove my point.

Please don't waste any more of my time with your nonsense.

I literally said;

>When you try and make it about everyone, you're called "tone deaf", "racist" or "insensitive".

Which is exactly what you're trying to do now. Way to prove my point.

Please don't waste any more of my time with your nonsense.

You signed off that post with this

I'm assuming POV means point of view.

If it was only a few ignoramuses, you'd be correct. But it's not, and in the case of some arms of government, it runs through the system.

That does not make it the majority though, some influential yes. To suggest that a race is racist collectively and largely subconsciously, purely by the colour of their skin is offensive to those that are not - even those that don't intend racism. Not cool!

Surely you are not suggesting every single white person is racist by virtue of their skin colour, I'd like to think not. Please don't disappoint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back