Remove this Banner Ad

Selections
Selection Order;
Pick 1 - Hawthorn - Harley Reid
Pick 2 - West Coast Eagles - Colby McKercher
Pick 3 - North Melbourne - Nick Watson
Pick 4 - GWS - Zane Duursma
Pick 5 - Sydney - Daniel Curtin
Pick 6 - Gold Coast - Jed Walter (matched bid, using Pick 8)
Pick 7 - GWS (From Richmond) - Mitchell Edwards
Pick 8 Melbourne (From Fremantle) - Archer Reid
Pick 9 - Essendon - Jordan Croft (bid not matched)
Pick 10 - Carlton - Koltyn Tholstrup
Pick 11 - Adelaide - Darcy Wilson
Pick 12 - Geelong - Nate Caddy
Pick 13 - Western Bulldogs - Joel Freijah
Pick 14 - St Kilda - Ashton Moir
Pick 15 - North Melbourne (From Port Adelaide) - Connor O'Sullivan
Pick 16 - Gold Goast - Jake Rogers (bid matched, pick 27 and others used to match)
Pick 17 - Western Bulldogs (From Brisbane) - Logan Evans
Pick 18 - Hawthorn - Will McCabe (Matched bid)
Pick 19 - Melbourne - Jack Delean
Pick 20 - Gold Coast - Ethan Read (Matched bid)
Pick 21 - Collingwood - Ryley Sanders

Round 2

Pick 22 - Sydney (From Hawthorn) - Kane McAuliffe
Pick 23 - West Coast Eagles - Coen Livingston
Pick 24 - Adelaide (From North Melbourne) - Harry Demattia
Pick 25 - Fremantle (From North Melbourne PP) - Riley Hardeman
Pick 26 - Adelaide (From GWS) - Will Patton
Pick 27 - Sydney - Ollie Murphy
Pick 28 - Richmond - Nathan Philactides
Pick 29 - Melbourne (From Fremantle) - Cooper Simpson
Pick 30 - Essendon - Sam Frangalas
Pick 31 - Collingwood (From Carlton) - Luamon Lual
Pick 32 - Brisbane (From Geelong) - Sam Van Rooyen
Pick 33 - St Kilda - Will Lorenz
Pick 34 - West Coast (From Port Adelaide) - Will Brown
Pick 35 - Western Bulldogs (From Brisbane) - Jake Smith
Pick 36 - Melbourne - Josh Docking
Pick 37 - Port Adelaide (From Collingwood) - Taylor Goad

Round 3

Pick 38 - Sydney (From Hawthorn) - Jack Calinan
Pick 39 - West Coast - Clay Hall
Pick 40 - North Melbourne - Logan Morris
Pick 41 - Fremantle (From North Melbourne PP) - Tom Anasastopoulos
Pick 42 - GWS - Harvey Johnston
Pick 43 - Sydney - Archie Roberts
Pick 44 - Richmond - Mahoud Taha (bid not matched)
Pick 45 - Port Adelaide (From Fremantle) - George Stevens
Pick 46 - Essendon - Charlton Harrop
Pick 47 - Fremantle (From Carlton) - Koen Sanchez
Pick 48 - Brisbane (From Geelong) - Angus Hastie
Pick 49 - Hawthorn (From Western Bulldogs) - Billy Wilson
Pick 50 - St Kilda - Xavier Walsh
Pick 51 - West Coast (From Port Adelaide) - Arie Schoenmaker
Pick 52 - Brisbane - Liam Fawcett
Pick 53 - North Melbourne (From Melbourne) - Lance Collard

Round 4

Pick 54 - North Melbourne (From Hawthorn) - Riley Weatherill
Pick 55 - West Coast - Joe Pike
Pick 56 - Fremantle (From North Melbourne) - Charlie Naish (bid not matched)
Pick 57 - GWS - Wil Dawson
Pick 58 - Melbourne - Riak Andrew (matched bid)
Essendon (From Sydney) - Passed
Pick 59 - Richmond - Luker Kentfield
Pick 60 - Brisbane (From Fremantle) - Ryan Maric
Pick 61 - Carlton (From Essendon) - Chad Reschke
Pick 62 - Carlton - Kade De La Rue
Pick 63 - Western Bulldogs (From Geelong) - Coby James
Pick 64 - Western Bulldogs - Tom Beaumont
Pick 65 - Port Adelaide - Bailey Harbour
Pick 66 - GWS (From Brisbane) - Lachlan Charlson
Pick 67 - Western Bulldogs (From Melbourne) - Clay Tucker
Pick 68 - Collingwood - Oscar Ryan

Last edited:

Pick 44 - Mahmoud Taha
461338BF-CB42-44CA-951A-1F2BE030A4C7.jpeg
Richmond select;

MAHMOUD TAHA - Mid/Fwd​

Height: 182 cm
Weight: 75 kg

A midfielder or forward, Taha has made an excellent start to his year. He has logged over 30 disposals in each of his last two matches for the Cannons in the Coates Talent League, including having 12 clearances in a match against the Northern Territory. A member of the Bachar Houli Academy, he has averaged 24.2 disposals overall in four matches this season, with his thirst for the contest and sound decision making both features of his game. A member of Essendon’s NGA, the Bombers will be able to match a bid on Taha from a rival club if his name is called out after pick 40 in this year’s national draft….from the code sports article.

Taha can be explosive, fast, agile and slippery, and every game I have watched of his I have liked. He is a perfect player to have in those link up and deliver positions of either, half forward or off the half back line and also locks down on his opponent. Currently in the CTL he averages 24 pos, 3 marks and 6.5 tackles.

Up next us Macca19

Last edited:
If Moir is there at the crows pick, they'd be moving continental plates to pair him with Rankine and Rachele. Zero risk and despite his ability to be lazy, his skillset off both sides is better than anyone else in this draft and that is a weapon for a side on the up.

My guess is Moir is the player that BigFooty will find reasons to gradually drop down the rankings during the year. Saying yeah he’s talented, but…

And then come draft time it’ll become clear that clubs still rate him as the most purely talented player in the draft and he’ll be back well inside our top 10s.

View attachment 1689076

Nathan on the left, Luke Teal on the right

Richmond select;​

Nathan Philactides - Def​

Height: 181cm
Weight: 78kg

To me, he screams Richmond player. He already plays the game style Dimma would love. He loves to run, attack, is a good ball user, will have a bounce and deliver the ball to a good option, tackles ferociously and often whilst he also has the two way running that can nullify his opponents output.
He can fight through or stand up in tackles generally keeping his hands free to dispose of the ball to a good option, he sums up those in tight contested plays very well and almost always picks out a team mate.
He is a player that can always find a way to be involved and most, if not all of the time, he can make something happen for his team. High footy IQ and knows where to be, good disposal and his link up play (staying involved in the chain getting the ball forward) is excellent and its what makes his style of play very damaging.

eDPS
What is his position? Hbf or can he play midfield or wing?

My guess is Moir is the player that BigFooty will find reasons to gradually drop down the rankings during the year. Saying yeah he’s talented, but…

And then come draft time it’ll become clear that clubs still rate him as the most purely talented player in the draft and he’ll be back well inside our top 10s.

Moir falling outside the top 5, let alone the top 10 seems bonkers to me

Pick 45 - George Stevens
Pick 45 - Port Adelaide

George Stevens - GWV Rebels - 189cm - Defender

There is a lot to like about George Stevens. Leadership in spades, classy skills by foot, is the half back general that lots of clubs seek, AFL body already, AFL Academy member, captained the Academy this year against Port Adelaide. Has had a good season with big numbers for GWV and strong performances for the academy. Can see him potentially slotting in straight away for Port Adelaide and could become a long term replacement for someone like Tom Jonas, with better skills and more attacking flair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 46 - Charlton Harrop
Pick 46 - Essendon - Charlton Harrop - 187cm - Forward
A dynamic forward with plenty of speed and unlike many forwards of his type he is willing to tackle and put his body on the line. My hope long term is he could become a Beau McCreery style of forward able to really compete hard but also hit the scoreboard himself and set others up.
Davo-27

Last edited:
Moir falling outside the top 5, let alone the top 10 seems bonkers to me

Top 2 would seem bonkers to me.

The funny thing is, he hasn’t even been bad this year. He’s still kicking goals even though he hasn’t been at full fitness. And what TDS7 said about his Academy games is true, not everyone will adapt instantly to being thrown into a new team and setup.

It’s not a draft I’m particularly excited by at the moment, I don’t need to find reasons to knock one of the actually talented guys.

Because our great leader PMBangers cant update the thread regularly I passed on a player I thought was picked. Don’t like my chances of him slipping to the next pick but if anyone picks him they will hear about it from me 😂
Cuz it's called at a full time 7-4 job

I was looking back at posts from last year. I must give a tip of the hat to Smythe for being the first national draft list constructor on here to include Reuben.Ginbey in a draft list way back in June 2022.

Because our great leader PMBangers cant update the thread regularly I passed on a player I thought was picked. Don’t like my chances of him slipping to the next pick but if anyone picks him they will hear about it from me 😂
I have 3 that I’m very surprised haven’t gone yet, but this happens every year. I would be very happy if they last till my next pick, but doubt it.

Pick 47 - Koen Sanchez
Pick 47 - Fremantle - Koen Sanchez - East Fremantle 178cm

forw/mid who has had some injury concerns the last couple of years, but is very talented, im curious to see him at the champs to see if he still has that fire in the belly to make it?, could turn out to be a bargain if he gets his body right and gets back to form.

Pie 4 Life you're up

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back