Player Sponsorship BigFooty Player Sponsor - Ryan Hargrave

Remove this Banner Ad

All,

I am pleased to announce today that the Bigfooty Bulldogs board is now the proud sponsor of Western Bulldogs key defender Ryan Hargrave for the 2006 season.

I would like to thank all the good people on this site who contributed to this effort and have made it possible.

If anyone else is still interested in coming on board then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Our aim is to make this an ongoing commitment and during the season we will be looking at opportunities for season 2007.

To all who have contacted me over the last few months I will be writing to you in the next week or so providing you with details of the sponsorship.

Thank you.

Brilliant news!

We must have been very lucky to get Shaggy, I would have thought all the 1999 draftees would have ben locked up solid. Well done to OldSchool for driving this and getting a great outcome, thanks.

localyokel said:
Brilliant news!

We must have been very lucky to get Shaggy, I would have thought all the 1999 draftees would have ben locked up solid. Well done to OldSchool for driving this and getting a great outcome, thanks.

Very much appreciated your efforts Local and yes I'm very pleased to get a player like Ryan Hargrave from a strong list of excellent players.

Fossie 32 said:
This is great! I always enjoy watching Hargy play and will do so even more now. Well done, OS, Local and all involved.

Fossie, it was a team effort with plenty of people like yourself jumping on early which made this happen. Getting a few PM's today from more interested people which is just terrific.
Like you, I'm a fan of Hargrave and thought he had a great season for us in 2005.

I will write to everyone next week giving some more details about the sponsorship.

I also want to try and kick start things for 2007. ;)

Dry Rot said:
I was surprised that they could get such a good player.

Will be kind of odd watching him play in 2006 - our own player in a sense.

Good to see a lot of hard of hard work by many paying off.

I was surprised he was available as well but it was still a very difficult decisions to select just one player.

Sporty Spice said:
Good work guys and girls. I hope now it means everyone will spell his name correctly.
Because if they don't Curly will give them detention and make them do lines until they get it right!!!!!!!

Brilliant work OS.I am pretty happy with Hargrave as he has been one of my favourites since he first started and even when he had a rough trot under Rohde I was always hopeful he would come good.Like the way he thinks through a situation and backs himself.Dont think we have seen the best of him just yet and the next couple of years at 25-26 should see him enter his prime.Good time to get on him IMO.

Just glad that after all your hard work OS we can not only pump some money into the club but also claim a pretty decent player.

Dog Town said:
Brilliant work OS.I am pretty happy with Hargrave as he has been one of my favourites since he first started and even when he had a rough trot under Rohde I was always hopeful he would come good.Like the way he thinks through a situation and backs himself.Dont think we have seen the best of him just yet and the next couple of years at 25-26 should see him enter his prime.Good time to get on him IMO.

Just glad that after all your hard work OS we can not only pump some money into the club but also claim a pretty decent player.

Thanks DT but if it wasn't for a number of contributors like yourself jumping on early we might have struggled to get this happening so quickly.
I really have appreciated the your commitment and advice along the way while we were putting this together.

As you said, Hargrave has a great ability to make the right decisions and backs himself accordingly. Just seems to have the right blend of playing both tight and attacking footy as the situation demands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OldSchool said:
Thanks DT but if it wasn't for a number of contributors like yourself jumping on early we might have struggled to get this happening so quickly.
I really have appreciated the your commitment and advice along the way while we were putting this together.

As you said, Hargrave has a great ability to make the right decisions and backs himself accordingly. Just seems to have the right blend of playing both tight and attacking footy as the situation demands.
Strange to think that back in 2000 we almost lost him to footy all together when he lost all that weight with some sort of stomach problem.Probably a good example to look at when trying to predict when we might start seeing results from other young talls of similar builds.

I have to say that this is a fantastic thing for this board and the club and well done OldSchool on doing the legwork.
I will be sending you a PM to see if I can get on board as well.

I know I'm probably asking a fair bit but would it be anyway possible to get two players sponsored from this site ? Is there enough support?

Polly Purser said:
I have to say that this is a fantastic thing for this board and the club and well done OldSchool on doing the legwork.

I know I'm probably asking a fair bit but would it be anyway possible to get two players sponsored from this site ? Is there enough support?

Maybe next year. We'll take it one season at a time.

Polly Purser said:

Talk about putting the pressure on. :)
I have received a number of PM's today from interested people so while it is unlikely I won't rule it out. The current plan is start organising our 2007 effort.

OldSchool said:
Sporty are you joining the ranks of Larry, Mo and Curly aka the grammar police? :)

Nah, i'll leave that to the professionals. Just tired of hearing him with the surname of one of the soft players ever to wear the jumper.

Well done to everyone involved. Another reason why this is the best board on the site. Great to see we got a player like Shaggy too (West Aussies Do "It" better).

On a sidenote, I have been thinking for awhile that we should give the winner of the Ching an actual award. If the player doesn't care it doesn't really matter but would be a good way of showing them fans appreciation.

Rocco Jones said:
Well done to everyone involved. Another reason why this is the best board on the site. Great to see we got a player like Shaggy too (West Aussies Do "It" better).

On a sidenote, I have been thinking for awhile that we should give the winner of the Ching an actual award. If the player doesn't care it doesn't really matter but would be a good way of showing them fans appreciation.
Can we make it player specific eg:Farren Ray= weights or Brain Harris= slab of vic stubbies? Good idea Rocco.

Rocco Jones said:

It would be great if you could think up a decent award for the winner.
Fossie giving 3 votes to K-Mac even when he isn't play would be a concern though :)

OldSchool said:
It would be great if you could think up a decent award for the winner.
Fossie giving 3 votes to K-Mac even when he isn't play would be a concern though :)

The Robert Klomp Award

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back