Bigfooty Sports Industry Podcast - Rugby League Expansion, Development, Vlandys

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see the issue of Australian's and Kiwis with Pacific Island heritage touched on. My own opinion?

At the end of the day, parents worry their kids will get hurt no matter what the sport. My son played against Peter Wright and Riley O'Brien when they were kids at Moonee Valley. Both of them monstered our kids, but you obviously looked after the ones who were a bit more fragile.

When I watch an NRL game, those little guys are still dominating games and plenty of them are the games biggest stars.

I understand parents would be worried about larger kids, but I do think all sports make the game safe for them too.

Good to see the issue of Australian's and Kiwis with Pacific Island heritage touched on. My own opinion?

At the end of the day, parents worry their kids will get hurt no matter what the sport. My son played against Peter Wright and Riley O'Brien when they were kids at Moonee Valley. Both of them monstered our kids, but you obviously looked after the ones who were a bit more fragile.

When I watch an NRL game, those little guys are still dominating games and plenty of them are the games biggest stars.

I understand parents would be worried about larger kids, but I do think all sports make the game safe for them too.

Since its a Bigfooty podcast I do try to bring up things ive seen around the boards lol

I dont understand the fuss really. When I was in grade 6 at Footscray West Primary our regional school footy final was against Geelong Grammar whose kids were friggin giants compared to us. We got flogged but none of our parents were afraid we d get hurt or anything

Since its a Bigfooty podcast I do try to bring up things ive seen around the boards lol

Well, yes, you do have a small group who do seem to get off on this topic. :)

I dont understand the fuss really. When I was in grade 6 at Footscray West Primary our regional school footy final was against Geelong Grammar whose kids were friggin giants compared to us. We got flogged but none of our parents were afraid we d get hurt or anything

Imagine if Caleb Daniel pulled out of a contest. Little guys can play footy of all varieties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back