Bigfooty Pokemon Gym Leader Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Aliago def gym leader 2-0

That was actually a really good game. Well done man.

d75c4e33ad1af36f603e65422bc47103.png

The original grass gym sent an interesting message to children.

GRASS GYM

Opening 10am (WST) Saturday, 25th June.

This will be the third gym in a row where we are playing with a type that isn't very effective against itself. Combine that with the fact that the grass type carries quite a few good stall mons and you might think this is shaping up to be quite the defensive gym. Looking closer though, typical grass stall moves such as spore and leech seed are going to be completely ineffective, and there are quite a few good offensive grass types with good typings - I think this could go either way.
BANNED POKEMON

Shaymin Sky Forme - Fast, with a serene grace air slash available is probably reason enough. This Pokemon is banned from Smogon OU and thats without it having a type advantage over almost the whole tier.

Arceus - Arceus is banned from every gym.

Every other grass type is eligible to be used in this gym.
Celebi_46623.png

Until next time, see ya...

Results (and eventually replays and analysis) will be posted here when applicable.

Good luck challengers.

darkraidarkvoid.jpg

DARK GYM

Opens 10am (WST) Saturday, 25th June

We are really breaking new ground here. There is no in-game dark gym. In any Pokemon game.
Even fairy type, which has been in the game for 10 minutes, has its own gym. What gives?
Dark type is called 'evil type' in Japanese, which i think sums up how badass most of these Pokemon are. Battle wise, I think the unique aspect here lies in the fact that dark type actually has a shallow pool of available Pokemon, but several very useable megas.
BANNED POKEMON

Darkrai - Dark Void + Bad Dreams

Arceus - Arceus is banned from all gyms.

Yveltal - Because 680 bst

Mega Gyarados - Due to the fact that it will not be a dark type when sent into battle.

Hoopa Unbound - See Yveltal.

Every other dark type is eligible for this gym.

professor_attacked.png

Poochyena proved too powerful for the experienced Professor Birch.
Will he make your team?
Results (and eventually replays and analysis) will be posted here when applicable.

Good luck challengers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You around Igloo? Can do one now/ later tonight if you like.
Just got home. Been at work since I posted so haven't really looked at anything or started making a team :p. Tomorrow is probably easier for me, if possible.

Just got home. Been at work since I posted so haven't really looked at anything or started making a team :p. Tomorrow is probably easier for me, if possible.

Yeah no worries tomorrow is fine.

nahnah are you still planning on challenging?

good to go champ?

Sorry mate didn't see this until this morning. Ready to go tonight basically whenever.

Also a reminder to everyone that the Fire and Poison gyms close tomorrow at 9:59am WST tomorrow. This means from then onwards you won't be able to challenge for gold badges for those gyms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back