• 7 - SEVEN

• 8 - EIGHT

• 9 - NINE

• 10 - TEN

• No change.

• Other.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne have improved theirs, but when you look at them as a Whole, ours is pretty decent....apart from POWER.
I think it's okay but gee it's unconventional. A straight up rectangle shape is rarely if ever seen in a sports logo, it's asymmetrical, it doesn't even have reference to Port or Port Adelaide on it which is a core part of our brand and the fist holding a lightning bolt is novel but demonstrates a misunderstanding/confusion of what exactly our nickname is about.

If we ever move on I hope we rectify those bits. I tried with a familiar rectangle based shield and a big PORT wordmark, and I did away with the imagery related to the word "power". IMO, if we were to include imagery about power, it would have to be lightning. It looks cooler and we've actually used it on guernseys, etc, where the fist hasn't been used at all as a standalone symbol.

PS a few of those are wrong. Richmond, Carlton, Fremantle, Melbourne and the Bulldogs have different logos.

I think it's okay but gee it's unconventional. A straight up rectangle shape is rarely if ever seen in a sports logo, it's asymmetrical, it doesn't even have reference to Port or Port Adelaide on it which is a core part of our brand and the fist holding a lightning bolt is novel but demonstrates a misunderstanding/confusion of what exactly our nickname is about.

If we ever move on I hope we rectify those bits. I tried with a familiar rectangle based shield and a big PORT wordmark, and I did away with the imagery related to the word "power". IMO, if we were to include imagery about power, it would have to be lightning. It looks cooler and we've actually used it on guernseys, etc, where the fist hasn't been used at all as a standalone symbol.

PS a few of those are wrong. Richmond, Carlton, Fremantle, Melbourne and the Bulldogs have different logos.
They saw the light!

I'm suppose I'm in the minority where I quite like the current Magpies and Power logos.

They main change I've always wanted is something similar to what they do in soccer - adding stars above the logos to represent premierships. A single start above the Power logo for 2004 and three stars above the Magpies logo to represent the premierships in multiples of ten (38). The best way to reinforce how successful we are!

I'd be grateful to anyone who could do a mock-up to see how it might look.

My logo design skills have always been average, so please forgive me in advance. This is also my first ever attempt at creating a new Power logo.

This is a concept I came up with this morning, which is loosely based on our existing logo. I know a lot of people loathe the word 'Power' being prominent - it would seem some people are even offended by it - but that is our name, it is marketable, and there is absolutely no shame in owning it. Additionally, I have never supported use of the terms '1870', 'P.A.F.C', or 'Port Adelaide Football Club' in logos which exclusively represent either the Magpies or the Power. These terms should be complimentary to the team name (refer to the current Magpies logo) or reserved for a logo representative of the football club as a whole.

Edit: See more recent post of mine below.

Last edited:
know3.jpg

My logo design skills have always been average, so please forgive me in advance. This is also my first ever attempt at creating a new Power logo.

This is a concept I came up with this morning, which is loosely based on our existing logo. I know a lot of people loathe the word 'Power' being prominent - it would seem some people are even offended by it - but that is our name, it is marketable, and there is absolutely no shame in owning it. Additionally, I have never supported use of the terms '1870', 'P.A.F.C', or 'Port Adelaide Football Club' in logos which exclusively represent either the Magpies or the Power. These terms should be complimentary to the team name (refer to the current Magpies logo) or reserved for a logo representative of the football club as a whole.

I don't consider this concept complete - I would still like to add or modify something to make it pop - but I am open to feedback as it stands.

cIN1ZFc.png

Or, with the addition of P.A.F.C. and 1870:

mCwHYht.png
Needs less of the teal, the thunderbolts and the word power.

Okay - try these, even though they are a bit unpolished:

WeZEGWu.png
I like the text style, and that it says "Port Adelaide". Would prefer black & white bars below the bolt, but the shadowy ones (& Est. 1870) above the bolt look fine. I think you're onto something here - not a new logo but an upgrade/update

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the text style, and that it says "Port Adelaide". Would prefer black & white bars below the bolt, but the shadowy ones (& Est. 1870) above the bolt look fine. I think you're onto something here - not a new logo but an upgrade/update

Something like this?

GdHavjR.png

Edit: Updated teal colour.

Last edited:
I'm going a bit left field with this one.

Who's been holding that lightning bolt for the last 20 years?

Contrary to popular belief, our current logo is not just a severed limb that's been retro-fitted to a hydraulic float for your ultimate fisting pleasure. Someone's been lurking just beyond the quadrangle, but the man behind the bolt is not a man at all.

It's the King of Mount Olympus. John McLean's sidekick with a Vengeance. The Almighty God of Thunder from Ancient Southern Europe (and previously occupied territories).

By the Beard of Zeus!

BTBOZ22.jpg
Edit: More angry is more better!

Last edited:
The fist and lightning bolt is surprisingly (considering the era it was conceived) a pretty striking design. I'd be in favour of a stronger version of Alyx's version above with just "Port Adelaide" (no power) in a different font.

The 1870 and teal faded prison bars at top are a nice touch.

Back