sandeano

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Space
For around 80-odd years the Tigers and the Dogs barely had much to do with each other, just giving the occasional nod in the hallway when we passed once or twice a year. Then, within the space of a few short years there was Libba vs. Knights and Campbell, Nathan Brown and Terry Wallace and suddenly two crabby teams, long starved of success were at each other's throats.

All those characters have now long moved on and in recent years both teams have held aloft the premiership trophy. Now it is back to grunting nods in the hallway once or twice a year...

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
For around 80-odd years the Tigers and the Dogs barely had much to do with each other, just giving the occasional nod in the hallway when we passed once or twice a year. Then, within the space of a few short years there was Libba vs. Knights and Campbell, Nathan Brown and Terry Wallace and suddenly two crabby teams, long starved of success were at each other's throats.

All those characters have now long moved on and in recent years both teams have held aloft the premiership trophy. Now it is back to grunting nods in the hallway once or twice a year...
I'm still irrationally pissed at libba and his progeny for that and I was only 9 at the time.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Richmond fans vs Dangerfield. All those old Dusty vs Danger threads from 2015/16 have been getting a massive run over the last couple of years, even moreso after the GF

I would have said Geelong fans v Richmond fans. Not all of course, but plenty on both sides.

Seemed to amplify greatly ever since September 2017. Can’t imagine why.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
North and Essendon are traditional rivals in football circles going way back.

Essendon initially had North excluded from the VFL in the 1800s because their supporter bases crossed over geographically and they were worried about loss of supporter base.
We're really not. Outside of BigFooty no one could really give a damn about Essendon v North Melbourne.

It appears to be some convuluted idea that we must hate each other. Adds fuel to the fire when we have posters of the ilk of Terry Wallet and Wild Bill simply trolling Essendon at any chance they get.

It's rather perplexing to be honest

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bulldogs vs North was an odd one back in the day, I could never wrap my head around that one.

Adelaide and Carlton seems to be a pretty big one since the Gibbs trade.

Seems to be a lot of North rivalry in this thread. Might just be their userbase on bigfooty. If it wasn't for bigfooty I'd barely remember they exist.

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
I would have said Geelong fans v Richmond fans. Not all of course, but plenty on both sides.

Seemed to amplify greatly ever since September 2017. Can’t imagine why.
Lol, yeah.

The football relationship flipped on its head and the fans lost their collective minds. Neither set of fans dealt with it well initially and it hasn't really repaired itself.

I'm sure there's posters on both sides that will never be able to mix properly. A couple of your mods I just cannot have.

PS where is PhatBoy or whatever his name is?

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Lol, yeah.

The football relationship flipped on its head and the fans lost their collective minds. Neither set of fans dealt with it well initially and it hasn't really repaired itself.

I'm sure there's posters on both sides that will never be able to mix properly. A couple of your mods I just cannot have.

PhatBoy goes alright. Pretty reasoned in his arguments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would imply that Danger gives a single fu** what any Richmond supporter has to say.

Doubt it. And rightfully so.
well yeah of course but we're talking BigFooty rivalries here ;)

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol, yeah.

Right here buddy

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
freo vs Saints obviously..... Only because of Ross Lyon and his sexual harrassment tactics lol.

And over Zac Dawson of course lol

Sirengate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back