Player Sponsorship BigFooty Saints Board Player Sponsorship 2020 - Doulton Langlands

Who do we want to sponsor this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely one year we will get a Jack Steven type of late pick high potential gun.
lettuce pray

What is our player sponsorship record ?
I noticed we did Doulton Langlands who has now been delisted, I think we did Freeman as well .
Are there any players we have sponsored that are still with the club ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I noticed we did Doulton Langlands who has now been delisted, I think we did Freeman as well .

You pay a premium for the better high pick players so your chances of arsing a rookie lister that becomes a star are low. We had Robbie Young before Dingley.

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
You pay a premium for the better high pick players so your chances of arsing a rookie lister that becomes a star are low. We had Robbie Young before Dingley.

more so we always go with the guys that have 0-1 sponsor. Which is highly correlated with their chances of not making it surprisingly.

I think it’s honourable :)

Barry Brooks
Nicholas Heyne
Tom Ledger
Nathan Wright
Nathan Freeman
Robert Young
Doulton Langlands

It'd be easy to say we're a kiss of death but we go for lower profiles players who generally haven't already been sponsored. To misquote the great Keanu - I wish I could [sponsor someone] classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style.

Barry Brooks
Nicholas Heyne
Tom Ledger
Nathan Wright
Nathan Freeman
Robert Young
Doulton Langlands

It'd be easy to say we're a kiss of death but we go for lower profiles players who generally haven't already been sponsored. To misquote the great Keanu - I wish I could [sponsor someone] classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style.
Exactly we dont have a great record although we got 3 years with Freezer and a couple with nath Wright too and think he hung around for another year after we moved across to Freezer so not all that bad really.
Also as previously mentioned, we go for the cheaper tier of player as we only just sell enough shares for that tier of sponsorship basically, as the business of AFL is nowdays, rookie listed players etc are usually up against it to make it up there and be a 100-200 game player.

I will be posting new thread to get pledges for 2021 sponsorship today, please reply to that thread from now on if it is about 2021!

Cheers
Boydie

Club need to know if we are definatly going ahead with sponsorship next year by next Monday (21st) so if all of our 2020 sponsors who are keen to go again please post on the new 2021 thread

Cheers

Barry Brooks
Nicholas Heyne
Tom Ledger
Nathan Wright
Nathan Freeman
Robert Young
Doulton Langlands

Barry Brooks - Traded in for Pick 6 and a second rounder.
Freeman - Traded for a second rounder.

Gday all,

Still trying to get 2021 sponsorship sorted, please jump onto the pledge thread so we can go around again next year.

In addition to this, the club have given us a $70 St Kilda merchandise store voucher for staying on a sponsors when all the COVID shizen hit the fan!
I will be doing a raffle for this when I get a second (slammed at work this last week before xmas but got couple weeks off after xmas eve!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Gday all,

Still trying to get 2021 sponsorship sorted, please jump onto the pledge thread so we can go around again next year.

In addition to this, the club have given us a $70 St Kilda merchandise store voucher for staying on a sponsors when all the COVID shizen hit the fan!
I will be doing a raffle for this when I get a second (slammed at work this last week before xmas but got couple weeks off after xmas eve!)
How many short are we mate

Gday all,
Hope all are well?
Sorry to drag up old posts now we have 2021 sponsorship, but it escaped my mind that as we stayed fat with our 2020 player sponsorship last year, we received a $70 gift voucher to use on saints website on just New Balance gear I think.

So I thought the fairest way is to put everyone in the raffle with only 1 chance (As opposed to those who get extra chances due to extra shares than 1 etc).
If a few people and George agree with this method, I will conduct the raffle and forward the voucher to lucky winner!

Cheers
Boydie

Gday all,
Hope all are well?
Sorry to drag up old posts now we have 2021 sponsorship, but it escaped my mind that as we stayed fat with our 2020 player sponsorship last year, we received a $70 gift voucher to use on saints website on just New Balance gear I think.

So I thought the fairest way is to put everyone in the raffle with only 1 chance (As opposed to those who get extra chances due to extra shares than 1 etc).
If a few people and George agree with this method, I will conduct the raffle and forward the voucher to lucky winner!

Cheers
Boydie
Sounds good to me mate

Gday all,
Hope all are well?

Cheers
Boydie
Go for it

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Gday all,
Hope all are well?

Cheers
Boydie
Sounds good

Very happy for you to have for all your hard work you put in Boydie

Yeah, I think as the bankroll for the sponsorship I get the 70 and everyone can suck the fat one

I mean, ditto the raffle idea.

As taking the piss with the first line, goes without saying that we all enter to help out and everyone should get equal chance for anything born from it, so raffle is as great as anything.

Woweee seems I stuffed up and didnt raffle the voucher, whoops!
Will do today and inform everyone!
So seems I really REALLY stuffed this up and didnt do raffle.
But I have now and the lucky winner is StFly although with his response to my raffle idea above im tempted not to send him the code!

Back