Player Sponsorship BigFooty Saints Board Player Sponsorship - Event 1 - Pre season event @ RSEA Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Gday Player Sponsors,

First event of the year is upon us and is a great opportunity to get around the Saints for 2019 and also check out RSEA Park!

Venue: RSEA Park
Date: Friday 1st Feb
Time 4:30pm - 6:30pm

Event will include tour of facilities and opportunity to spend some time with our sponsored player.

Please let me know if you are keen to and can attend on this date and you will go into the raffle for the tix.

Any more takers for the raffle for this event.

Just a reminder, we only get 2 tix, so we will raffle of 2x 1 ticket for our player sponsors
Hi mate , So the club only allow Two people in who sponsor a player for these events ?

Hi mate , So the club only allow Two people in who sponsor a player for these events ?
Yes each event is only 2 tix generally, through the year.
So to make it fair on all sponsors we raffle both tix off so we get 2 sponsors there rather than 1 sponsor and their partner/child etc

Yes each event is only 2 tix generally, through the year.
So to make it fair on all sponsors we raffle both tix off so we get 2 sponsors there rather than 1 sponsor and their partner/child etc
2 tix on behalf of the club is pretty average, i would have thought a club like ours that struggles to get and keep members would be doing everything they can to get more people to follow the club and have the chance to go to these type of events ,
Ps , I wasn't questioning you about the raffle mate ,

Two people per player sponsorship, each player can be sponsored multiple times so if they allowed more they'd get flooded pretty quick. Past events like this have still had easily 100+ people before counting sponsors and officials

Two people per player sponsorship, each player can be sponsored multiple times so if they allowed more they'd get flooded pretty quick. Past events like this have still had easily 100+ people before counting sponsors and officials
goodie is correct CaptainRisky there is normally 100ish people at the sponsorship events and I guess the aim of the events for player sponsors is for the sponsors to get a bit more close/one on one time with their sponsored player. Also players can have multiple sponsors so you usually have the popular players like Roo etc in the past having up to 4 sponsor groups so 8 people plus premium sponsors too.
2 only kinda sucks, but I do see why they limit it to too people

(Log in to remove this ad.)

goodie is correct CaptainRisky there is normally 100ish people at the sponsorship events and I guess the aim of the events for player sponsors is for the sponsors to get a bit more close/one on one time with their sponsored player. Also players can have multiple sponsors so you usually have the popular players like Roo etc in the past having up to 4 sponsor groups so 8 people plus premium sponsors too.
Thanks mate , i can understand that now but i just thought it may have been a way to get more people inside the circle

Count me out of the raffle mate , have one of those all afternoon lunches on , not sure id be in the right condition to go anyway :drunk:

Count me out of the raffle mate , have one of those all afternoon lunches on , not sure id be in the right condition to go anyway :drunk:

C'mon Captain Risky! That's not very Risky. Arriving at an event after a huge session on the amber truth serum...now that's risky
Players love to hear comments like;
" I fink you could kick more goals if......",
" When I pwayed football....."
and the obligatory "I fink you're thantastic! " ;)

C'mon Captain Risky! That's not very Risky. Arriving at an event after a huge session on the amber truth serum...now that's risky
Players love to hear comments like;
" I fink you could kick more goals if......",
" When I pwayed football....."
and the obligatory "I fink you're thantastic! " ;)
Or i loves yous all , Nah , i think id end up with another name instead of Captain Risky if i was to go

Looks like an Amazing Race style event, we're on the green team with Membrey, Steven and our boy Young

Attachments

• 1548999076150172188102310772179.jpg
    1548999076150172188102310772179.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 109
20190201_192924_resized.jpg

Goodie23 and myself attended the sponsors event and it was a fantastic event. We spent more than two hours with Robbie Young and I cannot praise this young man highly enough. He took the two of us on an extended tour of the new facility (they are first class) and he was also the last player to leave, spending a further 20 minutes speaking to us after the event had finished. He comes from a great pedigree, as he is related to both the Wanganeen and the O'Loughlin familys. His dream has always been to play AFL football and he did not lose hope when he was not drafted in his teens. He said the Saints have recruited him to play as a speedy pressure forward and that he loves the physical stuff and does not care how big the opposition players are (BTW his shoulder is fine after his clash with Big Paddy).
He chose number 41 because he wanted a number he could make his own. He is really enjoying Melbourne and has developed good friendships with all our other indigenous players. He has a very mature attitude and I would not be suprised in the slightest if he plays quite a bit of AFL football this year.

So... not an Amazing Race.

Rocked up, drove into the carpark and drove straight back out again because all the parking spots were full. Figures. Parked in a side street and sure enough walked past a vacant parking spot in prime position on my way in. Double figures.

Got my name badge and a raffle ticket, then waited with the other sponsors in the main foyer. A bit of scoping lead me to a list of the groups for today (reposted for convenience).

20190201_162557.jpg

Found BringBackPowerFwds and had a brief chat before we were invited outside for the event. What the event was going to be, we didn't really know, boydie hadn't been told so he couldn't tell us. Most of the boys were already out there so I shanghaied my golfing buddy Seb Ross for a quick chat while we waited. He was feeling good but a bit tired, they'd had a pretty full-on training sess in the morning, sounded like a lot of match simulation. Pretty much every player I've spoken to has been a big rap for Ratts coming to the club and Seb was no exception.

Couldn't see the woman MCing but she did invite Ratts to the microphone to share his experiences. Ratts was (good-humouredly) a bit put out by this because he was expecting just a bit of Q&A, not having to do a speech. He's happy to be at the club, talked about coming from Hawthorn and is optimistic about our list and facilities. He loves the facilities at Seaford and they're not even done yet (more on that later).

20190201_164301.jpg

You may be able to see our Young boy leaning up against the door next to the MC. We were then directed to go to our stations, signified by coloured balloons. As you can see, we were group 10, the dark green balloon. So we followed Jack Steven, who was carrying his daughter around, to our first activity which turned out to be garden skittles (basically lawn bowls crossed with 10 pin bowling). It was supposed to be a big group, I'm guessing Young was put with Steven and Membrey because they had a few sponsors and to share the numbers out. However for reasons unknown Steven and Membrey wandered over and then changed from our activity to the nearby light green balloon activity of giant connect four, taking all their sponsors with them. I guess Members got bored of Jarryn Geary throwing bean bags from his neighbouring activity and knocking over the skittles that Stickers was trying to set up. Stickers returned the favour by piffing the bean bags progressively further away.

Basically this meant BBPF and I had Robbie to ourselves. We played skittles and chatted, the bulk of the conversation he's written above. He feels he hasn't had much difficulty adjusting to AFL training as he feels his time in the SANFL has put him in good stead. He's liked the move to Melbourne and talks about his partner and daughter proudly. He has a background in education, working with indigenous students, in fact he was at a cricket carnival when he got the draft news. He was confident about being picked up but thought more likely as a rookie, when he saw his name under pick 67 he threw his phone in the air and his students knew he'd been drafted. It then exploded with messages until his battery got completely drained.

With no other sponsors or players we played four rounds of skittles, two bowls per round, high score wins. Score sheet below:

IMG_20190201_0001 - Copy.jpg

As you can see, in the third round Robbie pulled out a pretty good clutch effort. I was tempted to just show you the first round...

After that we moved onto the neighbouring game which involved throwing bean bags at a board, one point if it landed on the board, three points if it went in the hole. Fortunately the score sheet for that is lost to history, let's just say BBPF had an annoying good last round and it was not my greatest effort.

We were then given the choice between a tour of the facilities then dinner or dinner then tour. We opted for the tour first. Robbie took us into the gym, then into the basketball court where a bunch of people were playing (not sure who they were, Sandringham Dragons were training out on the oval though). Robbie grew more comfortable and confident as the tour went on, stopping to show us the PB board in the gym on the way out.

20190201_172225.jpg

Apparently 30-odd boys recorded PBs on their 3KM time trial according to Ratts and Robbie. We then got shown the physio quarters and the strapping area. We saw the theatrette where briefings are held, Robbie sits front row between Sav, someone else, Maxy King (good luck sitting behind him) and Jack Bytel. Pretty much all the boys have their preferred seats. I commented the theatrette smelled new, Robbie agreed with me with a faint look of surprise. I guess it doesn't smell so new when it's filled with forty-odd sweaty footballers.

We got taken into hallowed ground, the changing rooms:

20190201_172550.jpg

20190201_172545.jpg

Where we made Robbie pose for photos:

20190201_172618.jpg

He showed us the recovery pools:

20190201_172803.jpg

And then we headed upstairs where we saw the match committee rooms and went for a walk through the bullpen. BBPF shouted a greeting at Richo as he walked past, the three of us exchanged pleasantries with Matt Finnis. It was interesting seeing the other groups along the way, which players gave personal tours, which ones hung back in group settings. Much to my amusement there was this photo of Geary above one desk upstairs:

20190201_173402.jpg

Very impressed with the bullpen, a lot of chairs had jumpers with names and numbers belonging to the person who sat there, I'm wondering if I can convince my other half to get a footy oval shaped table like this one:

20190201_173416.jpg

End of part one (there's a max of 10 photos per post)

Part Two:

Even more impressive is the boys' rec room, complete with big TV with XBOX, dart board, table tennis table, computer lab and putting green. Robbie reckons that he's seen pretty much all of the boys in there at the same time which I struggled to believe.

20190201_174018.jpg

20190201_174119.jpg

We went down the other end of the building, past the Angels kitchen and where the boys eat (Robbie admitted that the Angels even clean up after them which definitely lives up to their name). Robbie explained that the current redevelopment focuses on our AFLW team for next year, change rooms and whatnot. He wants to play JLT and is aiming to play round one. Like Parker and Hind, he was recruited to play as soon as possible so he's hungry.

Speaking of hungry we went out to grab lunch, there was a barbeque truck doing beef/pork rolls with coleslaw and fries on the side or nachos as a vegetarian option (I think, not being vegetarian I didn't listen closely). While waiting BBPF and I had a bit of a chat with Roberton who's raring to go again and probably got a lot of the same questions throughout the night.

We sat on the steps and ate dinner together, Robbie telling us his whole draft story and comparing Moorabbin with the SANFL ovals. He was offered a different number before 41 but chose a blank canvas rather than one with more recent history.

They rounded us up, called on Armo to draw the raffle, then volunteered him to wrap up the night. Armo's reaction to this was pretty similar to Ratten's, we don't really seem to have a Milney or Joey who loves to take the mic at the moment. The night was ended and the boys started to peter off but much to his credit Robbie Young stayed until all others were gone (and the drinks were packed up, I was hoping to grab one last one). He recognises how important fans are to the club and seems raring to grab his opportunity. In terms of our desire to draft players of character, he gets a big tick.

So... not an Amazing Race.

Rocked up, drove into the carpark and drove straight back out again because all the parking spots were full. Figures. Parked in a side street and sure enough walked past a vacant parking spot in prime position on my way in. Double figures.

Got my name badge and a raffle ticket, then waited with the other sponsors in the main foyer. A bit of scoping lead me to a list of the groups for today (reposted for convenience).

View attachment 613550

Found BringBackPowerFwds and had a brief chat before we were invited outside for the event. What the event was going to be, we didn't really know, boydie hadn't been told so he couldn't tell us. Most of the boys were already out there so I shanghaied my golfing buddy Seb Ross for a quick chat while we waited. He was feeling good but a bit tired, they'd had a pretty full-on training sess in the morning, sounded like a lot of match simulation. Pretty much every player I've spoken to has been a big rap for Ratts coming to the club and Seb was no exception.

Couldn't see the woman MCing but she did invite Ratts to the microphone to share his experiences. Ratts was (good-humouredly) a bit put out by this because he was expecting just a bit of Q&A, not having to do a speech. He's happy to be at the club, talked about coming from Hawthorn and is optimistic about our list and facilities. He loves the facilities at Seaford and they're not even done yet (more on that later).

View attachment 613552

You may be able to see our Young boy leaning up against the door next to the MC. We were then directed to go to our stations, signified by coloured balloons. As you can see, we were group 10, the dark green balloon. So we followed Jack Steven, who was carrying his daughter around, to our first activity which turned out to be garden skittles (basically lawn bowls crossed with 10 pin bowling). It was supposed to be a big group, I'm guessing Young was put with Steven and Membrey because they had a few sponsors and to share the numbers out. However for reasons unknown Steven and Membrey wandered over and then changed from our activity to the nearby light green balloon activity of giant connect four, taking all their sponsors with them. I guess Members got bored of Jarryn Geary throwing bean bags from his neighbouring activity and knocking over the skittles that Stickers was trying to set up. Stickers returned the favour by piffing the bean bags progressively further away.

Basically this meant BBPF and I had Robbie to ourselves. We played skittles and chatted, the bulk of the conversation he's written above. He feels he hasn't had much difficulty adjusting to AFL training as he feels his time in the SANFL has put him in good stead. He's liked the move to Melbourne and talks about his partner and daughter proudly. He has a background in education, working with indigenous students, in fact he was at a cricket carnival when he got the draft news. He was confident about being picked up but thought more likely as a rookie, when he saw his name under pick 67 he threw his phone in the air and his students knew he'd been drafted. It then exploded with messages until his battery got completely drained.

With no other sponsors or players we played four rounds of skittles, two bowls per round, high score wins. Score sheet below:

View attachment 613562

As you can see, in the third round Robbie pulled out a pretty good clutch effort. I was tempted to just show you the first round...

After that we moved onto the neighbouring game which involved throwing bean bags at a board, one point if it landed on the board, three points if it went in the hole. Fortunately the score sheet for that is lost to history, let's just say BBPF had an annoying good last round and it was not my greatest effort.

We were then given the choice between a tour of the facilities then dinner or dinner then tour. We opted for the tour first. Robbie took us into the gym, then into the basketball court where a bunch of people were playing (not sure who they were, Sandringham Dragons were training out on the oval though). Robbie grew more comfortable and confident as the tour went on, stopping to show us the PB board in the gym on the way out.

View attachment 613563

Apparently 30-odd boys recorded PBs on their 3KM time trial according to Ratts and Robbie. We then got shown the physio quarters and the strapping area. We saw the theatrette where briefings are held, Robbie sits front row between Sav, someone else, Maxy King (good luck sitting behind him) and Jack Bytel. Pretty much all the boys have their preferred seats. I commented the theatrette smelled new, Robbie agreed with me with a faint look of surprise. I guess it doesn't smell so new when it's filled with forty-odd sweaty footballers.

We got taken into hallowed ground, the changing rooms:

View attachment 613569

View attachment 613572

Where we made Robbie pose for photos:

View attachment 613574

He showed us the recovery pools:

View attachment 613576

And then we headed upstairs where we saw the match committee rooms and went for a walk through the bullpen. BBPF shouted a greeting at Richo as he walked past, the three of us exchanged pleasantries with Matt Finnis. It was interesting seeing the other groups along the way, which players gave personal tours, which ones hung back in group settings. Much to my amusement there was this photo of Geary above one desk upstairs:

View attachment 613579

Very impressed with the bullpen, a lot of chairs had jumpers with names and numbers belonging to the person who sat there, I'm wondering if I can convince my other half to get a footy oval shaped table like this one:

View attachment 613583

End of part one (there's a max of 10 photos per post)
Let's not gloss over the last round of bean bags. A perfect score of 3 bullseye's to win the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back