Player Sponsorship BigFooty Saints player sponsorship - BnF event

Remove this Banner Ad

Alrighty, Sorry for delay in report been big few days and nights adjusting to a late night on a school night! hahaha

So, I was lucky enough to get a late invite into the VIP early meet and great with the players for the premium player sponsors as someone I know couldn't get there in time for that function so I got in!

Chatted with Dougs for most of the time as sponsor I was hanging with is Dougs sponsor, good bloke and was happy chatting away with us the whole time, most of the players seemed to be chatting to sponsors and getting photos etc the whole time which was great to see.
Players as usual look very good mates and lots of laughs and smiles which is good.
Heard a lot of the players went o/s for 4 or 5 nights but was very low key and some pretty smart ground rules by sounds of it, seems Tommy Highmore one of the organisers of it so seems to have high standing with the players

Also had good little chat with our boy Windy, he went away and they had good couple of days away mostly hanging together to finish the year off.
He is not looking to go o/s again, is pretty keen to get to work early on preseason, focusing on getting his golf game down to single figures as his off season cooling off.
Was happy with his year as I pointed out to him that at preseason event he said he isnt sure he will get games initially, but said he and the boys pretty disappointed in the season overall and wanna get to work.

Once that event was wrapping up I made my way into the Paladium to meet up with sammm we were in the 2nd back row of tables but somewhat in the middle so had a pretty good view of stage thanks to sammm getting there a little earlier than me and getting a seat on the side that faces the front!
Few familiar faces on table around us so seems most were player sponsors, to my left were a dad and daughter who are Hunter clarks sponsors.

Alicia loxley again the MC for the night although MC'ing was somewhat shared with some bloke who been on Blue heelers, Home and away or something I cant remember and tbh didnt recognise him.
Welcome to country was good and I thought a bit inspiring for the boys so hopefully they took that the same way i guess.
Welcome message from Bassat as he was unable to attend, vibe was that we got work to do both on field and off but off field we have made good strides with sponsorship, paying back debt etc
tribute to matt finnis was next up and I thought Matt spoke really well, a little sad to see him moving on but has done the job for 8ish years from memory so fair enough he wants to do other things etc
impression from matt speaking and then Leathlean later on is Matty is a bit more personable, whereas Simon seems a little tougher and ruthless sort of an operator and tbh maybe that is what we need to shake things up a little, who knows.

life memberships to Tony brown and Sexton. Can see Browny is absolutely loved by the players, forgot to mention in post above that Browny went o/s with the big crew of players as quasi chaperone making sure hydrolyte and panadols were on hand each morning hahaha also made sure no hiring of scooters etc hahaha Think I would call it Risk management hahaha

Sugar forgot to post the menu pic, have now below or above.
Everything was nice for the foodies out there, the winner was dessert and just enough food for me, was tempted to grab a zinger or quarter pounder in the Crown foodcourt as I walked to my car but decided to hold off seen as I had enough trouble keeping my suit pants from being too tight on me all night already! #DadKilos hahaha

all in all a great night as always, a little different take seen as I was driving and was on the waters and cokes after 2 Furphys

I echo what boydie said. i thought it was a great night, and am grateful that i could go. the food was very good. especially desert!!! chocolate fondant

the speeches were very good. Pity that Finnis decided to move on, but hopefully Lethlean will do a good job, i am sure he will.
Love your work as always boydie and thanks sam for the recap too! We've finally picked out a gem of a player to sponsor :)

Ravioli into ravioli is a bit poor, screams of being a tad lazy even if different flavours, lucked out if you got the beef cheek IMO.

And yes, damnit, caterers need to be better.
sammm was more keen on the beef so she took that, I was happy with whatever. The chicken was pretty good

Ravioli into ravioli is a bit poor, screams of being a tad lazy even if different flavours, lucked out if you got the beef cheek IMO.

And yes, damnit, caterers need to be better.
sammm was more keen on the beef so she took that, I was happy with whatever. The chicken was pretty good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back