Player Sponsorship BigFooty Saints Player Sponsorship Event No4

Remove this Banner Ad

Alrighty,
This one has come around quickly, but a more friendly Saturday game for Rd 17 game v Freo for the Halo Legends Match Day Function

Date
Saturday 9th July, 2022

Venue
Marvel Stadium

Premium dining and
beverage service provided

Please reply to thread if you are interested in going, only a week or so before event but only received RSVP just now!

How about a few photos from the events. Love the write ups as well but a few piccies would be good for us remote members who can never get to these things.

How about a few photos from the events. Love the write ups as well but a few piccies would be good for us remote members who can never get to these things.
I will be going along to the event with HillToKing so I will make sure I get the phone out and take couple happy snaps.
I will also try all the food offerings for the members of the player sponsorship that like these details, although I stay away from vegatarian options, no offense to our vegetarian friends out there

I will be going along to the event with HillToKing so I will make sure I get the phone out and take couple happy snaps.
I will also try all the food offerings for the members of the player sponsorship that like these details, although I stay away from vegatarian options, no offense to our vegetarian friends out there

Going vegetarian options is a life hack. I used to get to law events and the caterers always do a good job on the veggie stuff because some senior partners 25 year old yoga wife would crack the shits if the food was crap so they'd make good quality hand made stuff. The meat was always kept warm and shithouse.

Airlines are the same, you can get s**t like Indian vegetarian and it's almost edible in comparison to the stuff that's sat under foil for 4 days. Footy catering is a bit different they usually just have absolute s**t at those.

Going vegetarian options is a life hack. I used to get to law events and the caterers always do a good job on the veggie stuff because some senior partners 25 year old yoga wife would crack the shits if the food was crap so they'd make good quality hand made stuff. The meat was always kept warm and shithouse.

Airlines are the same, you can get s**t like Indian vegetarian and it's almost edible in comparison to the stuff that's sat under foil for 4 days. Footy catering is a bit different they usually just have absolute s**t at those.
Ran this theory on a school camp once. Got 3 awesome food compared to the others and then they landed me with a tofu steak that tasted like a dish sponge whilst everyone else got parmas. Wont be doing that again.

the food was good at the last event, the game was no good. So i am sorry i just could not bring myself to document the time. i wish i could go to this event. but unable to.

PS even if people cannot go to events. i think we all like the idea of sponsoring a player. .

Havent seen any 25yo yoga wives at the previous footy events but I will be keeping my eyes out now for sure!!!!

Take one for the team Boydie.

Havent seen any 25yo yoga wives at the previous footy events but I will be keeping my eyes out now for sure!!!!

Maybe that's more a law thing and probably why the vegetarian options are like cardboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I had the pleasure of joining Boydie for this event which turned out to be the St Kilda halo legends event. Now apparently there was a game played but we won't go there.

Upon arrival at Marvel Stadium we were told to enter via gate 4 and proceed to the dining level. When arriving on the dining level we were presented with a choice of drinks ranging from soft drink to beers and wines.

We were ushered into the Rogers room and seated at a table. Bruce Eva was the mc for the event. The entree for the night was teriyaki chicken with a side of tofu for the vegetarian eaters out there like gringo. The chicken was saucy and succulent although serving sizes were inconsistent. The tofu was... well tofu.

Next up were some guest speakers. The first being our CEO Matt Finnis. Matt mostly talked about the re-signing of Brett and how the Ratten family have embraced the StKilda football club. Matt then passed the microphone to former saint Luke Ball. Bally was pretty good. He talked about coming to the club as a 17 year old and how through those early years the club moulded him as a person. There were a couple of funny moments from Luke such as when he said he'd recently caught up with Rooey and his boys at the park and Rooey with 3 boys longs for a girl. Well Bally has 3 girls and he told Rooey they can always make a trade.

Now for the main course. Roast lamb with a side of carrots and twice cooked in duck fat roast potatoes. If you're not cooking your potatoes twice and in duck fat, you're cooking them wrong. The lamb was superbly cooked still pinky red and tender. The potatoes though were the highlight of the dish.

Half time delivered a serve of party pies, party sausage rolls and scones. The party pies were alright. The sausage rolls appeared to be some in house made number maybe and were really good. The scones were also really good. They were pretty light and airy. Went back for a couple.

Was supposed to take a couple photos but all I got was the chicken the seating view and the scones.

Overall, apart from the loss, it was a pretty good experience. Boydie is a good bloke and if anyone gets the chance to attend one of these I highly encourage it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220709_080603188.jpg
    PXL_20220709_080603188.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20220709_095502370.jpg
    PXL_20220709_095502370.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20220709_103644005.jpg
    PXL_20220709_103644005.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
Well with a superstar review like that from HillToKing I'm not sure I can add a whole lot more!

Appears we both started well with photo of the chicken entree but not the Lamb for main! Rest assured both were delicious but I may have had too many party pies and sausage rolls for half time based on my delayed post until today!

With chat with Knacker (Luke Ball) it sounds like he is doing some work with the club in a part time fashion but not on field type of stuff.

There was also a table of ex freo players like Barlow, Zac Clarke and none other than spud Dawson, I mean Zac Dawson, so he was interviewed quickly too, doing something in property industry like they all seem to do, didnt get a pic of that.

For a change for the BigFooty sponsorship we actually werent on the table at the back, we were in the middle! But that seemed like a bit of a curse too as it was difficult to get drinks topped up!
Table consisted of us, Butler, Dougs and Woodys sponsors who were all a bit of fun, well until you know what happened

PXL_20220709_084118162.MP.jpg PXL_20220709_092502680.MP.jpg PXL_20220709_080543645.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back