Feedback BigFooty Style Upgrade - Feedback and bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers, my eyes skip over those rotating alerts.
Yeah when a few things are changing I find it hard to get the word to everyone however they use the site. We soldier on though.

Screenshot_20180904-121247_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20180904-121121_Chrome.jpg

I'm one for giving stuff a go but this new look just feels a bit s**t so far. Maybe it's my eyes but this text just looks ugly. Clunky.
upload_2018-9-5_20-28-44.png

The back to the top button is good. I probably need to try it for a bit longer as I haven't been around much lately but it just doesn't look as good as before. Doesn't look as clean or slick at the higher levels.

I'm one for giving stuff a go but this new look just feels a bit s**t so far. Maybe it's my eyes but this text just looks ugly. Clunky.
View attachment 554729
The back to the top button is good. I probably need to try it for a bit longer as I haven't been around much lately but it just doesn't look as good as before. Doesn't look as clean or slick at the higher levels.
What browser/operating system are you using? That looks different to what I see.

Final Siren

Mr Squiggle
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Can the "Report" button not be so prominent? It's not used often, yet leaps out from every post because it:
  • Has a bright yellow alert icon
  • Is positioned leftward, close to all the key content
  • Has a shadowed border so it pops out visually
  • Has no neighbouring buttons, so doesn't fit in with a group -- except in your own posts (in case you want to report yourself?)

Can the "Report" button not be so prominent? It's not used often, yet leaps out from every post because it:
  • Has a bright yellow alert icon
  • Is positioned leftward, close to all the key content
  • Has a shadowed border so it pops out visually
  • Has no neighbouring buttons, so doesn't fit in with a group -- except in your own posts (in case you want to report yourself?)
Not likely to happen soon, but we can look at it. We WANT people to use it so making it recede from a user's attention might not contribute to that goal.

Final Siren

Mr Squiggle
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Not likely to happen soon, but we can look at it. We WANT people to use it so making it recede from a user's attention might not contribute to that goal.
I know what you mean, but popping an alert symbol on every post seems like overkill. Once I know the button is there, it's just annoying for it to attack my eyes on every post.

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
MBP? MacBook Pro?

I'll check it out on my 2011 MacBook Pro. I sometimes use that in the evenings and I can't say I see much difference but I will try them one after the other. It's rubbish on Safari 5.17 for Windows, but that is their latest and final Safari for Windows version from God knows when.

Safari/Mac combo is probably one of our smallest audiences, but if I can get your browser version and screen dimensions I can check it out.
I'm running Safari 11.1.2 and its very laggy when scrolling up/down. It's fine with chrome but prefer Safari because it uses less battery.

The difference between the cool and cool18 style on scrolling and lag is crazy.. Im running Safari on 2016 MPB. Cool is smooth and fast, cool18 is extremely jerky and slow to scroll and browse. Its not as noticeable on chrome - stands out a lot on Safari.
I have removed the forum background image for any display under 1500px.

How does it go now?

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
upload_2018-9-7_10-24-58.png

Chief I encountered this above the header. Popped up on GD and also the Sweet FA but not on others that I have seen.

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-7_10-24-17.png
    upload_2018-9-7_10-24-17.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 25
What browser/operating system are you using? That looks different to what I see.
So on my work computer it looks ugly too and that's Chrome with Windows 7. Do I need different software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back