Leagues Bigfooty Supercoach Tragics

Remove this Banner Ad

Just seen I'm not the cellar dweller in T1 - its those two Collingwood spuds toxic and Obese Arachnid
View attachment 1663507

Another Pies fan spud is on the bottom of T2.

tumblr_mfrggdjPbw1s14h9co1_500.gif

Have to, we don't want to get demoted to T1 šŸ¤£

Dammit I don't want to get relegated to T1!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1694415

Tragics 2 (Div 1)* is starting to take shape. Also hanging in with a decent overall league ranking.

Taking shape? In shape too. Here's the top 4. Looking good there nooks.

men-manly.gif

Here's me and the lads outside the 8. Round is a shape, right?

tumblr_o5ks8ulbHx1qz5q5lo1_500.gif

Mate, this Tragics league throws up all sorts of shenanigans. Last season I missed the 8 whilst leading the overall.

Last season I finished 8th on the ladder, and was 10th or 11th for total points.
Yet I made the prelim and got $50 back (narrow 10 point loss too).
To top it all off, I grabbed $100 for highest individual round score.

Who needs a high overall rank when you can arse your way into the cash?

al-bundy-thumbs-up.gif

A thread on league strategy vs overall would be an interesting idea šŸ’” has this been done Jiska WaynesWorld19 kyri
Great pick up. Not even last year we had a thread dedicated to that topic. Not sure if it would belong amongst a General Discussion type thread though, would need to check with the chiefs.

Good idea though. You could run it akin to the No Trades Club. A place where people have given up on overall ranking, and are purely looking at ways to snatch a league win.

To be fair, I can't really see too much difference in strategies at the moment. You could potentially start building up a bank instead of finishing your team? I always shoot for overall and even now I am looking at the run home my trade in options have.

Great pick up. Not even last year we had a thread dedicated to that topic. Not sure if it would belong amongst a General Discussion type thread though, would need to check with the chiefs.

Good idea though. You could run it akin to the No Trades Club. A place where people have given up on overall ranking, and are purely looking at ways to snatch a league win.

To be fair, I can't really see too much difference in strategies at the moment. You could potentially start building up a bank instead of finishing your team? I always shoot for overall and even now I am looking at the run home my trade in options have.
Through the middle stage upgrading players is conducive to league wins. But in the last third of the season the landscape changes considerably?

Through the middle stage upgrading players is conducive to league wins. But in the last third of the season the landscape changes considerably?
It might help sway a few 50/50 decisions.

Otherwise, what I see happening is people burning remaining trades to stay relevant within their cash leagues.

Might be a difference in strategic landscape, but considerable difference? Probably not.

Jiska has mentioned something about focusing on cash leagues in the past. Any ideas here unc?

Nope. The opposite IMO.

Forget spending all your cap initially, just pick as many cash cows as you can and then put promos around them (ie. opposite to everyone else). As soon as a rookie maxes out, trade for other rookies who havenā€™t had big rises. Focus is to build as much cash in the bank as possible. Only upgrade to get a bottomed out proven premo, otherwise always downgrade. Youā€™ll lose plenty of games early and rank will be s**t but aim to build a bank of $2M+ and then focus on three upgrades each week during Byes after players have theirs - top Premos. Win all remaining games of the season and probably finish 6-8, but your team will be substantially better than others due to having more team value by tanking early.

Used to use that strat all the time and did bloody well in leagues, until all you flogs made me switch to overall. Now I lose my cash league AND get a s**t rank šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Remove this Banner Ad

Back