Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S07 Weekly Show - We are live tonight 8:30pm

Thanks to those who jumped on for the live show last night!

The show is now up on iTunes, Spotify etc or you can rewatch below:

Topics:
-Review of Port game
-Grimes, where is he at?
-Young cubs and how they went
-How we are officiated
-Preview of Swans game. - 39:50 mark

Not bumping ever will get you delisted, hell, you wouldn’t even get drafted.

The bump as we know it is dead. Wanting the hip n shoulder and the 80’s to return is a losing battle, unless you want to start seeing clubs liable for numerous multi million dollar settlements from players in coming years

You used to be able to do a lot of s**t on the footy field, but stuff they causes injury needlessly has been removed. Like it or not, the bump can’t be done without deliberately concussions players

Episode 12 is now done and dusted.

Round 12 Preview

Current episode: S02 EP12 ft - Wacko23Jacko and Noobz0r from the Port Adelaide board.

On this weeks episode:

- Wacky Tiger gets a clip from me​
-We discuss David Astburys clip to Josh Caddy on the weekend
-Talk about Alex Rance and the diving saga
-Noobz0r roasts the umpires from the Port vs Hawks game
-Discuss the Indigenous Round
-Talk about the Nat Fyfe suspension
-Give Adelaide a bit of a drive by given that is common ground between us and Port
-Preview the big game against Port

Check out the episode on the below links:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/14964619

Massive thanks to Wacko for coming on at such short notice and a big thanks to Noobz0r from the Port Adelaide board for coming on, really appreciate it.

Bloke says i won't come on when he never even asked me to come on.....

Thanks Michaels i’ve enjoyed all of your podcasts this year.

Thanks Noobz0r for coming onto the Richmond podcast, I enjoy it when an opposition supporter comes on and offers their insight.

Also Wacko23Jacko as entertaining as always. :D

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Can you guarantee it?
Oh no, of course not. But there will be many occasions (Martin's bump the other night, for example), where a bump to the body will be perfectly fine. And I don't just mean a shirtfront right down the middle, but a bump to the side as well. It's no guarantee of course, but most times that will be okay.

Thanks Michaels i’ve enjoyed all of your podcasts this year.

Thanks Noobz0r for coming onto the Richmond podcast, I enjoy it when an opposition supporter comes on and offers their insight.

Also Wacko23Jacko as entertaining as always. :D

I think it provides great balance having an opposition poster come on, makes for a lot better discussion.

will definitely do a few more in the later part of the season for sure.

Might want to read back over our PM. :p

You never asked me about this week :p

my problem with coming on is that I have watched one non Richmond game this year

also Noobz0r was very good much better than the other bloke you had on

You never asked me about this week :p

my problem with coming on is that I have watched one non Richmond game this year

also Noobz0r was very good much better than the other bloke you had on

thats all good not having watched many non richmond games, wacko hadnt either but we got by ha ha.

as long as you still know how to talk richmond up you're always welcome on :)

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks for the podcast and the invitation to one of our posters. Great idea and well executed, a far more informative half hour than any of the footy panel shows. Your colleague who predicted us winning by 98 is welcome in our preview thread, we'd love to know where he thinks we're going to get 99 points from :D.

Oh no, of course not. But there will be many occasions (Martin's bump the other night, for example), where a bump to the body will be perfectly fine. And I don't just mean a shirtfront right down the middle, but a bump to the side as well. It's no guarantee of course, but most times that will be okay.

That's the point though, some of the time it's not

As such, if you go in for a bump, you have to be prepared to cop the consequences if you cause a concussion

If you make the choice to bump, it means you had the option not to, which means you have accepted the risks and acted accordingly.

Coaches hate that odds, and the bump imo will become like the torp

Episode 12 is now done and dusted.

Round 12 Preview

Current episode: S02 EP12 ft - Wacko23Jacko and Noobz0r from the Port Adelaide board.

On this weeks episode:

- Wacky Tiger gets a clip from me​
-We discuss David Astburys clip to Josh Caddy on the weekend
-Talk about Alex Rance and the diving saga
-Noobz0r roasts the umpires from the Port vs Hawks game
-Discuss the Indigenous Round
-Talk about the Nat Fyfe suspension
-Give Adelaide a bit of a drive by given that is common ground between us and Port
-Preview the big game against Port

Check out the episode on the below links:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/14964619

Massive thanks to Wacko for coming on at such short notice and a big thanks to Noobz0r from the Port Adelaide board for coming on, really appreciate it.

:oops: yeah sorry Michaels Look forward to listening to my well deserved clip ;)

Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
That's the point though, some of the time it's not

As such, if you go in for a bump, you have to be prepared to cop the consequences if you cause a concussion

If you make the choice to bump, it means you had the option not to, which means you have accepted the risks and acted accordingly.

Coaches hate that odds, and the bump imo will become like the torp
Most likely. Although it will probably come out slightly more often than the torp. I really hope the good solid hits to the side will remain, but I don't like my chances.

Most likely. Although it will probably come out slightly more often than the torp. I really hope the good solid hits to the side will remain, but I don't like my chances.

Fwiw I love the bump. but the concussion science is damning, and I reckon we are yet to see this fully play out in the AFL (if the NFL is any indicator)

Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fwiw I love the bump. but the concussion science is damning, and I reckon we are yet to see this fully play out in the AFL (if the NFL is any indicator)
Yep.

Just as a side note...how good was it to see that bump of Martin's the other night!

May 1, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bayern Munich, Tottenham Hotspur
Thanks for the podcast and the invitation to one of our posters. Great idea and well executed, a far more informative half hour than any of the footy panel shows. Your colleague who predicted us winning by 98 is welcome in our preview thread, we'd love to know where he thinks we're going to get 99 points from :D.

Great footy mind that bloke. Don’t blame him for his predictions though, they are based more off the spirit world and ethereal senses then reality. His cumulative margin for tips this year is about 1482 points off, if you do the maths that works out to be almost 120 points off per game, the actual margin may read closer to a 22 point win to the tigers :moustache:

In hindsight I did actually discuss with Michaels before the podcast your inability to pile on points so don’t ask me where that one came from

Back