Podcast BigFooty Tigercast - DARREN GASPAR interview

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all,

Interview with Darren Gaspar is here to listen to!

In tonights interview we talked about:
-The pressure of a number 1 draft pick
-What led to his decision to come to Richmond
- how he handled being played on forward like Lockett and Dunstall so early on in his career
- 2001 finals series
- Winning the Jack Dyer Medal
-The conversation with Terry Wallace that prompted him to retire
- What he is up to now
- His thoughts on the Grand Final
-His thoughts on Adelaides 'power stance'

+ more!

Darren was fantastic, was really honest and easy to speak to. very well worth the listen!

You can listen / download the interview from:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/13159268

or on our usual places:
iTunes
YouTube
Twitter
Facebook

Last edited:

Darren Gasper was outside the Mountain View on Bridge Rd a few times early on GF day. He was meeting fans and looked eerily relaxed and quietly confident. Was a great servant of the club.

He was very confident! He described what his grand final day was like and I asked him about the crows power stance! Episode will be uploaded soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gem of an interview, well done

thanks heaps!

Excellent interview that. Really enjoyed it.

Whilst I rated him as a champion defender, I always thought Gaspar was a bit quiet and aloof.

He's actually a very open and talkative bloke.

thanks, no worries at all!

yeah he was extremley open and loved to have a laugh, it was good fun!

Anything about who his hairstylist is, Michaels ?

listen and find out :D:p

nah there isnt, but this is why people should submit questions when i give everyone the chance! would have been a great one to know about!

it was always so perfect.

Great work once again.

I always wondered if Darren, after moving back home to Perth maintained his passion for the Tigers. Was really pleased to see he has.

Loved how people asked him at halftime how we would go and his reply was that we would smash them. It was what some suspected may happen after our recent second half performances but were too guarded to say.

Last edited:
Good stuff Michaels the sound quality on spreaker is great

yeah it comes through really well

i had my other recorders running as well and the quality from Almolto was no where near as good as the spreaker version.

the only downside is, the spreaker audio file only comes through on 1 channel, so if there is anything to edit it might be tricky.

whereas the other programs its on 2.

tl:dr anyone who comes on as a guest need to make sure its a flawless episode so we only have to add a intro and outro so we can keep the spreaker sound quality :D:p

Hey Michaels, I see you are trying to get Terry Wallace to take part in a podcast. Can I submit the first question?

TW.jpg

:)

Hey Michaels, I see you are trying to get Terry Wallace to take part in a podcast. Can I submit the first question?

View attachment 433573
:)

ha ha, no doubt that will come up if he accepts the invite.

would be great to speak to him!

he did a reddit AMA recently so thought i'd try my luck in getting him on!

Back