Jun 5, 2015
Demimonde
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Good stuff Michaels the sound quality on spreaker is great

Yes, meant to comment on this.
The sound quality itself was very pleasantly surprising -- commercial broadcast quality IMHO.
Just needs editing for doggie barks etc (although with only one channel, that makes it tricky and time-consuming).

Yes, meant to comment on this.
The sound quality itself was very pleasantly surprising -- commercial broadcast quality IMHO.
Just needs editing for doggie barks etc (although with only one channel, that makes it tricky and time-consuming).

Yeah the 1 channel does make it tricky.

and the dog barks were Darren's while he was speaking, so that would add another layer of complexity.

Wacko23Jacko might have some genius way to solve it though!

djspank

1980+2017+2019+2020
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea F.C
That was fantastic thanks! Sounds like a great bloke! Certainly took me back to the era when we had some real stars at RFC who were unfortunately never rewarded with the ultimate success, like the current crop.

Gas was a superb defender, some of those match ups...Carey, Dunstall, Lockett, Grant...imagine hearing those guys footsteps behind you while sitting under a rainmaker...!

Great interview love how he is confident and almost arrogant in his abilities to play the game as he should be

Also love that he still refers to the club over and over as we

Michaels did you ask him how highly he rates tross

Annoyingly i didnt. when we were talking about defenders kicking goals and i mentioned Rance, i was thinking i should ask him about Rance a bit more, but then i forgot to do it :(

I really enjoyed that podcast moreso than the others. Gas was really relaxed and it was as if you guys were talking at a bar.
Great work Michaels.

Celebrity Podcast Wishlist:
Mick Malthouse
Nathan Brown
Duncan Kellaway
Greg Stafford
Caroline Wilson

I really enjoyed that podcast moreso than the others. Gas was really relaxed and it was as if you guys were talking at a bar.
Great work Michaels.

Celebrity Podcast Wishlist:
Mick Malthouse
Nathan Brown
Duncan Kellaway
Greg Stafford
Caroline Wilson

Thanks mate!

Brown will be tough as he is still in the media and probably has a manager, will try though!

I've tried to find Duncan but with no luck. Found his brother Andrew but he declined.

Caro would be a interesting one for sure!

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
One of the main reasons why I never rated Carey as much as others was mainly due to Gasper 'always doing pretty well on him'.
Good to hear it from the horse's mouth. Great interview.

Darren Gaspar is our homecoming hero this week, one of our best defenders!

For those who haven't listened, here is an interview I did with Darren a year ago!

We spoke about his time in football and he was fantastic to listen to.

If you haven't already, be sure to check it out!

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/13159268

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Great interview.
As a kid I adored Gaspar. Doesn't really matter how good he was, he's our Dustin Fletcher.

Before the Grand final I thought long and hard about those players from the late 90's and early 2000's. It must have been so frustrating watching them fail because the talent of those lists was unbelievable.

We're going to be talking about Graham, Townsend, Broad and Castagna for the rest of our lives, but I hope we never forget Gaspar, the Kellaway brothers, Holland, Chaffey, Rogers, Knights, Campbell, Daffy, Gale, Broderick, Cameron, Tivendale and a heap more that played their heart out with the club for very few accolades.

Back