Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S03 EP 13 - Snake Baker & Captain Blood17

Remove this Banner Ad

It was actually us that had 5 more scoring shots.

I stand corrected, but my point still stands that if that's sides system didn't hold up they would have got rolled and it will definitely apply again tomorrow with a lesser quality outfit on the park.

In fact, I would go so far as to claim that Richmond's adherence to a well drilled game plan in 2019 is the reason between then being 4th or 10th right now.

I stand corrected, but my point still stands that if that's sides system didn't hold up they would have got rolled and it will definitely apply again tomorrow with a lesser quality outfit on the park.

In fact, I would go so far as to claim that Richmond's adherence to a well drilled game plan in 2019 is the reason between then being 4th or 10th right now.
I agree but the reason our system is so good is (unlike C’wood and Geel) it doesn’t rely on a lot of skill. So it still holds up in trying conditions. We’re still one of the most skilled sides in the comp tho, that’s why no other team can beat us at our own game.

I agree but the reason our system is so good is (unlike C’wood and Geel) it doesn’t rely on a lot of skill. So it still holds up in trying conditions. We’re still one of the most skilled sides in the comp tho, that’s why no other team can beat us at our own game.

Sorta contradictory there mate.

Richmond's strength is the ability of 18 blokes to co-ordinate in barging the ball in to the forward half, then locking it in there. It's pressure based stuff.

The opposite to Richmond in style would be Hawthorn, Collingwood & the Bulldogs.

Richmond's strength is the ability of 18 blokes to co-ordinate in barging the ball in to the forward half, then locking it in there. It's pressure based stuff.
It's not contradictory because the two things aren't mutually exclusive - I said our system doesn't RELY on skill, that's not to say we don't HAVE skill.
The opposite to Richmond in style would be Hawthorn, Collingwood & the Bulldogs.
What "skills" are we talking about here anyway? C'wood are the most skilled team in the comp in terms of kicking efficiency and their system relies heavily on that. But that's unlikely to hold up if the weather's s**t, a couple blokes have an off day, you're playing finals footy, etc. Same with Geelong; they rely heavily on their conversion rate, but what happens when Ablett finally gets a week or Rohan returns to his Sydney form? Hawks and WB aren't even worth talking about.

Incidentally, what skills does North's game plan rely on?

I genuinely believe that.

Richmond's strength is their system.
I know you genuinely believe that , I dont agree with it , last year we had 4 AA could easily made a case for another 4 , this year to be a little different we have 4 favs for the rising star in our ranks , I could go on. As a poster wisely said without talent any system will come unstuck otherwise Clarko teams would still be playing GF ea year

That’s a reasonable wrap up , WC and crows are other possession based sides. I still believe that a dominant midfield will make any system look good , when Coll have flogged us it all began with opening us up in the middle where they had as many players with 35+ as we did with 10p

Special mention to captain blood 17 who threw it out there that Rioli would be out for Butler.

I didn't fully buy into it but he was 100% spot on!

Don’t give him any more ammo for his ego. His boof head is big enough!:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Adore me. ADORE MEEEEEEEEEE. BF Tigercast, more accurate than Tom Browne and more hits than Wham. Accept no imitations kids.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good show. It sounded like Snake_Baker threw you guys for a loop with the comment about our form at Etihad

We went pretty well v Sydney though. The Bulldogs game was an aberration - won’t happen again…

Why the f are we playing there 4 times this year btw?

We have only played north once at the mcg since 2012.

We have only played north once at the mcg since 2012.

Didn’t we play a final there. Seem to remember losing my s**t over a certain non call that could have won us the game sometime in 2015. Could be wrong.

Didn’t we play a final there. Seem to remember losing my **** over a certain non call that could have won us the game sometime in 2015. Could be wrong.

Grigg missed the goals by about 3 feet.

2015 elimination final

Didn’t we play a final there. Seem to remember losing my **** over a certain non call that could have won us the game sometime in 2015. Could be wrong.

That is the one game at the G.

Haven't had a true home game during the regular season against North since 2012

Grigg missed the goals by about 3 feet.

2015 elimination final

Lessons Learnt:

1. Cant trust ruckmen kicking for goals
2. Dont let umps be a factor in games
3. Snakey boy is a habitual line stepper

Lessons Learnt:

1. Cant trust ruckmen kicking for goals
2. Dont let umps be a factor in games
3. Snakey boy is a habitual line stepper

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Wait a second, two minutes in and snake has said you blokes are a bit more balanced.....
Is there a secret Richmond board i haven't seen, where are all these balanced Richmond posters....

Wait a second, two minutes in and snake has said you blokes are a bit more balanced.....
Is there a secret Richmond board i haven't seen, where are all these balanced Richmond posters....

I'm not sure why you seemed shocked by the notion that captain blood 17 and I are balanced posters!

Tigers top 10 players in no order (IMO) - Dusty, Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt, Vlastuin, Grimes, Edwards, Lynch, Prestia, Caddy

Roos top 10 players in no order (IMO) - Brown, Cunnington, Higgins, Polec, Tarrant, Williams, Goldstein, Ziebell, Atley, Anderson

..... yeh i know which 10 im taking lol

Havent even mentioned Rioli, Houli, Lambert, Astbury, McIntosh, etc

Talent isnt even, sorry snake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back