Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S03 EP 13 - Snake Baker & Captain Blood17

It's Tuesday night which means its Tigercast night!

I'm please to report I was working in much better conditions tonight with a brand new light globe in the room.

Tonight I was joined by captain blood 17 and Snake_Baker from the North Melbourne board in his Tigercast debut!

On tonights episode:

-Briefly touched on the Ablett suspension
-Spoke about the Mid Season draft
-Snake took the floor to give his views on the Brad Scott saga and how it looks for North going forward
-Reviewed our Round 10 games quickly
-Liam Baker, Dylan Grimes, Bachar Houli all got big wraps.
-Talked about the big game this Friday night!

It was interesting to hear Snake talk about Brad Scott from a supporters perspective instead of the medias viewpoint, its a situation we can obviously all relate to well.

This week for the predictions we even got a prediction from CB's son!

Huge thanks to CB17 and Snake Baker for coming onto the show this week!

You can listen on the link below:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/18100650

It was a great chat with Snake after the podcast finished as well. Once you get his humour and what he’s about, you’ll enjoy the posting. If you want to s**t stir, he’ll play. You want to talk serious footy, he’ll do that as well.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

It’s amazing what they can do with editing these days

We record flawless episodes week in week out, no editing required :D*

*even if I had to edit I wouldn't know how

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Snake was going alright until he said both sides were pretty even for talent on the ground , I lost it at that point

I genuinely believe that.

Richmond's strength is their system.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I genuinely believe that.

Richmond's strength is their system.
True but no system can compensate for lack of quality in players! Currently we just happen to have both!
It was with the magic four in JR, Rance, Cotch and Dusty that helped build and sustain our system to a GF!
Add KMac, Ellis, Houli, Nanks, Rioli, Grimes, Caddy, Prestia...and we leave Norff for dead!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
True but no system can compensate for lack of quality in players! Currently we just happen to have both!

I would strongly disagree with that. System has decided the majority of premierships over the last decade.

This game is dictated by coaching strategies much more than it has ever been in history.

Ocker

?Premiershipmond?
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Snake was going alright until he said both sides were pretty even for talent on the ground , I lost it at that point
I get where snake's coming from.

When you look at both teams on paper the kangas do have talent across the ground.

Our game style and player buy in is a massive difference but as we saw against the dogs, still not perfect.
*Yes I'm well aware of our outs at the moment!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I get where snake's coming from.

When you look at both teams on paper the kangas do have talent across the ground.

Our game style and player buy in is a massive difference but as we saw against the dogs, still not perfect.
*Yes I'm well aware of our outs at the moment!

Nailed it beautifully Ocker & that's why your side should win tomorrow night.

You have a well drilled outfit that is basically in it's 3rd year of executing very efficiently, and we're 10 games in to a new game plan that's still very rusty.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I would strongly disagree with that. System has decided the majority of premierships over the last decade.

This game is dictated by coaching strategies much more than it has ever been in history.
If that was the case any VFL side with a good system would be competing for an AFL GF!
My point is without a core of top players...see my previous post!
(Think about all the top mid field groups/core that won a GF)
No system with turn a sows ear into a silk purse...it's a fine combination of both! Both Players and System!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If that was the case any VFL side with a good system would be competing for an AFL GF!
My point is without a core of top players...see my previous post!
(Think about all the top mid field groups/core that won a GF)
No system with turn a sows ear into a silk purse...it's a fine combination of both! Both Players and System!

Of course talent plays a role, but there's a reason we live in an era where 15th can beat 1st on any given day, of any given week!

30 years ago that notion would be considered ridiculous.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Of course talent plays a role, but there's a reason we live in an era where 15th can beat 1st on any given day, of any given week!

30 years ago that notion would be considered ridiculous.
Give it up your reaching now with hypotheticals...
Cartooners have'nt beaten anyone good for 4 years and are not going to sneak into a GF!
BUt hey i thought the thread was about good players V the system before you slid off topic with the above post!
My original point still stands...no footy system can win a GF unless you have a good core of top talent!
I'd even go so far as to say without a good Admin too!
And their is no way North (with all due respect) are even with Richmond on talent! Coaches! Admin! Membership! Sponsorships! Cannot see it!
But hey like you posted it is possible where 14th can beat 1st...so your still a chance! because on the day anything can happen regardless...

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Give it up your reaching now with hypotheticals...
Cartooners have'nt beaten anyone good for 4 years and are not going to sneak into a GF!
BUt hey i thought the thread was about good players V the system before you slid off topic with the above post!
My original point still stands...no footy system can win a GF unless you have a good core of top talent!
I'd even go so far as to say without a good Admin too!
And their is no way North (with all due respect) are even with Richmond on talent! Coaches! Admin! Membership! Sponsorships! Cannot see it!
But hey like you posted it is possible where 14th can beat 1st...so your still a chance! because on the day anything can happen regardless...
So true mate...well argued!
Guess SB will find it so hard to argue it's simply about System V Players...otherwise let's face it North would have risen further with a good System cos they have the same talent as Richmond! Even the last day in September!

Good show. It sounded like Snake_Baker threw you guys for a loop with the comment about our form at Etihad

We went pretty well v Sydney though. The Bulldogs game was an aberration - won’t happen again…

Why the f are we playing there 4 times this year btw?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So true mate...well argued!
Guess SB will find it so hard to argue it's simply about System V Players...otherwise let's face it North would have risen further with a good System cos they have the same talent as Richmond! Even the last day in September!

1) You're not the best side in the comp any longer.
2) You seem to be blissfully unaware that a year ago a North side which had recently been gutted, had 5 more scoring shots, and went down by only two kicks, to a Richmond side that was stronger than it is right now and was the reigning premier at the time!

Talent is a factor, but adherence and execution of a better system can and does overcome talent.

2) You seem to be blissfully unaware that a year ago a North side which had recently been gutted, had 5 more scoring shots, and went down by only two kicks, to a Richmond side that was stronger than it is right now and was the reigning premier at the time!

Talent is a factor, but adherence and execution of a better system can and does overcome talent.
It was actually us that had 5 more scoring shots. Iirc we dominated all facets of that game bar taking our foot off the pedal in the third.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!

I did say it was a combination of good core players PLUS a system...it's like a horse and cart...no good without the other!
So iyo we are not the best side in the comp...i never said we were...but i would argue we are a good side with a damm good system!
And currently it is our System that is carrying us to wins against weaker sides at the moment and when we get our injured players back our System has to improve as well!
You bridled at the thought that Richmond has a better talent pool than North i say we do, we have a GF to prove it! Our coaches are better!
And as our talent pool increases from injuries our System has to take advantage of it...

Interesting podcast. Snake you're a decent man when you talk.

I'm not too stuck on stuff though - talent vs system

You need both and there's an obvious difference between the clubs in both.

Back