Podcast BigFooty Tigercast S07 Weekly Show - We are live tonight 8:30pm

Thanks to those who jumped on for the live show last night!

The show is now up on iTunes, Spotify etc or you can rewatch below:

Topics:
-Review of Port game
-Grimes, where is he at?
-Young cubs and how they went
-How we are officiated
-Preview of Swans game. - 39:50 mark

As a token of our appreciation to our loyal listeners of the Tigercast, and to make up for some lost time, we will be going...

LIVE TONIGHT!!

Our first Live weekly show for the year.

Head to the link below around 8:30pm and you should see the live episode at the top of the list, click play and you're in!

We look forward to all your chat comments during the night as well!

Current episode: S05 EP09 - ft Michaels, Tiger71 & Captain Blood17

Thanks to everyone who listened in live!

Huge thanks to Tiger71 & captain blood 17 for coming on!

Topics covered:
-Intro is back to normal, wouldn't have it any other way for a live show
-Review of St Kilda game
-Did we like Pickett in ruck?
-Back 6 being settled
-T71 Den, a toast to Dusty + a cheeky bit of Shai Bolton news.
-CB17 Bloodbath, took aim at himself.
-Listener questions
-Preview of Melbourne game
-In's and Out's
-Key Matchups
-Predictions
-T71 gets a hot off the press text message regarding trade info that is very interesting.

Check out the episode on the below links:

*episode does contain swearing*

If you listen to us on iTunes be sure to leave us a review to bump us up the rankings!

You can also subscribe to us and follow us on social media at the below links:
YouTube
iTunes
Spotify
Facebook
Twitter
Spreaker

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
Naish needs to improve his kicking and his decision making
Before he plays seniors
Was thinking while hearing this on the pod, he might be racking them up, but how is the pressure (both his and oppo) and opposition quality he's coming up against? His kicking when in open air is elite, but not watching VFL I don't know how he's been going.

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
T71 Den, loved the toast.

My fear when Richo retired was who was going to take his role of Tiger Cult figure. The player we need as supporters, who bleeds black and yellow and isn't made from the private school footballer mould. Push up King was a good interim player, but Dusty has taken it to a level we needed, and probably exceeded.

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Michaels THE $70 TICKET FOR SITTING BEHIND THE GOALS IS NOT A RUMOUR IT’S TRUE.

I never bothered to listen to the podcast before this year, I know, I don’t know why, silly.

Always a pleasure to tune in and listen - I need my Tigercast fix now, just as enjoyable as the Talking Tigers podcast.

Michaels THE $70 TICKET FOR SITTING BEHIND THE GOALS IS NOT A RUMOUR IT’S TRUE.

I never bothered to listen to the podcast before this year, I know, I don’t know why, silly.

Always a pleasure to tune in and listen - I need my Tigercast fix now, just as enjoyable as the Talking Tigers podcast.
That is crazy regarding the ticket prices, how has it gotten to this?

Glad to have you on board and glad you're enjoying the show :)

BC9_

Yellow & Black ???
Jan 31, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
That is crazy regarding the ticket prices, how has it gotten to this?

Glad to have you on board and glad you're enjoying the show :)

The lack of transparency is an issue for a start. In years gone by the AFL website would openly publish the ticket prices in a clear and succinct table, so you could easily make plans in advance with a group of friends for tickets and decide whether it’s reasonable $$$ wise to head to a match.

Now, I don’t think you can even find out what the ticket prices are until you are actually on the Ticketek system going through the whole shitshow process of trying to book a ticket.

It’s the first time this season I’ve had to snag tickets via the general public sale - I’d be shocked if they’d be charging $70 a ticket for a minnow game at the G (Hawthorn v GWS).

So I reckon they’ve done away with locked-in ticket pricing which remains consistent for the entire season, and are instead plucking out of their asses any $$$ figure depending on who’s playing.

Edit - here’s the answer:

Who sets the ticket prices?

The home club sets the prices for all 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season matches. The Melbourne venues general entry price will remain the same with $27 for adults, $18 for concession and juniors remain at $5.

Where does the money from ticket sales go?

The revenue from ticket sales is split between the home club, venue and ticket agent.

Why are prices different for different games?

Any variation in prices across games will reflect and acknowledge the differences in demand for matches.

Dead set, I specifically didn’t get tickets in the MCC so I didn’t have to sit among those cheese board campaigners, but * they are blood sucking maggots the Melbourne Demons. They know for a fact that 95% of their fans will be in the MCC reserve, and much of the general areas will be Tigers. I highly doubt they make the general revenue a 50-50 split. Disgrace.

Last edited:

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
Was thinking while hearing this on the pod, he might be racking them up, but how is the pressure (both his and oppo) and opposition quality he's coming up against? His kicking when in open air is elite, but not watching VFL I don't know how he's been going.
Turned it over a bit ,tries the difficult kick more often, than first option easier kick,,still think he is afl standard, just needs a little time

Michaels

shame on you all

have you forgotten Jacks playing on his bunny may

lock him in for an easy 7

Richmond by 42 points

scoreline will flatter the demons because well kick twice as many behinds as goals.
Jack is looking good this year too, I hope you're spot on!

Back