News BigFooty to migrate to new software.

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the bandwidth requirements like?

I know most people don't have to worry about these sorts of things much these days with Broadband etc., but I often spend time in the WA wheatbelt and where I'm at, the connection is very very slow. The current site is close to the limit of what I'd call useful - is the new setup likely to be better or worse in that regard?

PS. Just tried BigSoccer - if that is anything to go by then it certainly feels slower when I'm out here on the farm :(

Not that I want to complain too much, I like the feel of it.

Player Sponsor badges, content in inbox, posting history.....will all that remain intact once the change is done?

Sponsor badges might take a week to arrive - but Xen has a trophy system.

Your inbox will survive intact and we have backups but if you have vital info in there, just dump it out now via the PM Download option so you have access to it during migration.

Chief, one of my main requests has always been the option to increase the max number of posts per page. Will this be happening with the new software, such as to 40, 50 or 100 posts per page?

Will probably stay the same. We're happy for you to keep requesting but right now it doesn't look set to change.

PS. Just tried BigSoccer - if that is anything to go by then it certainly feels slower when I'm out here on the farm :(

Over time the server farm will be adjusted to give better speeds. There is an element of feeling our way in the dark, but any issues will be resolved.

Overall the pages are lighter than VBulletin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fills up the widescreen.

But other than that I have no strong feelings.

The final theme has yet to be finalised, so don't get too worried about colours and styles yet.

Plus, BF does the same at the moment anyway?

Although the left nav in the new system pops out rather than being constantly visible.

As long as the theme doesn't look as horridly bland as BigSoccer's, I have no qualms.

For now.

(Oh, except for the loss of those emoticons. :confused: )

It will be pretty bland at the start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back