3. The Adventures of Tintin
4. Trapdoor
5. Gummi Bears
6. Chip n Dale
7. Super Ted
8. Inspector Gadget
9. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
10. Drawn Together

I had such along list and thought many were worth a mention so did the next ten as well

11. Ren and Stimpy
12. The Animals of Farthing Wood
13. The Simpsons
14. Danger Mouse
15. Roger Ramjet
16. Duck Tales
17. Gumby
18. Rugrats
19. Beavis and Butthead
20. Animaniacs

Also I know they are not a TV series but the Asterix cartoons (although they are all in French) and especially Fritz the Cat are awesome

1- South Park
2- Cowboy Bebop
2- Avatar: The Last Airbender
3- Berserk
4- Family Guy
5- TMNT (2003)
6- American Dad
7- Transformers
8- Beast Wars
9- Tin Tin

1. Cool McCool
2. Wacky Races
3. The Bugs Bunny Show
4. Pinky & The Brain
5. Batman: The Animated Series (1992 - 1995)
6. The New Adventures Of Batman (1977)
7. Astroboy (1980 - 1981)
8. The Amazing Spiderman (1967 - 1970)
9. Roger Ramjet
10. Inspector Gadget.

1. Harvey Birdman
2. The Life and Times of Tim
3. Dragonball Z
4. Pokemon
5. Archer
6. Fairly Odd Parents
7. Rugrats
8. Bugs Bunny Show
9. Ricky Gervais Show
10. Daria

Tough list, mixing childhood favourites with modern day favourites.

1. The Simpsons
2. South Park
3. Wacky Races
4. T.M.N.T
5. Ricky Gervais Show
6. Family Guy
7. Ren and Stimpy Show
8. Pinky and The Brain
9. American Dad
10. Futurama.

Not enough love for Wacky Races so far, what a show.

1. Avatar: The Last Airbender
2. Futurama
3. The Simpsons
4. Archer
5. Family Guy
6. The Legend of Korra
7. Hey Arnold!
8. Rugrats
9. Fairly Odd Parents
10. TMNT (2003 version)

Top six is stuff I still watch now, the rest is stuff I really dug as a kid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. The Simpsons
2. Samurai Jack
3. Courage the Cowardly Dog
4. Batman: The Animated Series
5. Dragon Ball Z
6. Sheep in the Big City
7. Space Ghost Coast To Coast
8. The Proud Family
9. Futurama
10. Top Cat

My choices:
  1. Star Blazers / Space Battleship Yamato
  2. Battle of the Planets / Gatchaman
  3. The Simpsons
  4. South Park
  5. Looney Tunes (The Bugs Bunny Show)
  6. Batman: the animated series
  7. Pinky and the Brain
  8. Astroboy
  9. American Dad
  10. Futurama
Further to the above:

Star Blazers aired on ABC afternoons in the early 1980's. Maybe im showing my age a bit.
The Japanese version of Star Blazers was called Space Battleship Yamato, thankfully it wasn't totally butchered when it was translated. Truly a landmark space drama.

It is still being made in Japan by the way, for anyone who likes Torrentz and animation try searching for the 1080p rips of the current series of Space battleship Yamato 2199. You can only get episodes 1-14 so far, that's all they have made, but they are freakin' awesome :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Battle of the Planets (BOTP), also aired on ABC afternoons in the early 1980's. It was a severely butchered version of the Japanese series called Gatchaman. You should watch both series just to see how the Americans could screw up something so cool, but both are classic series, just for very different reasons.

My choices:
  1. Star Blazers / Space Battleship Yamato
  2. Battle of the Planets / Gatchaman
  3. The Simpsons
  4. South Park
  5. Looney Tunes (The Bugs Bunny Show)
  6. Batman: the animated series
  7. Pinky and the Brain
  8. Astroboy
  9. American Dad
  10. Futurama
Further to the above:

Star Blazers aired on ABC afternoons in the early 1980's. Maybe im showing my age a bit.
The Japanese version of Star Blazers was called Space Battleship Yamato, thankfully it wasn't totally butchered when it was translated. Truly a landmark space drama.

It is still being made in Japan by the way, for anyone who likes Torrentz and animation try searching for the 1080p rips of the current series of Space battleship Yamato 2199. You can only get episodes 1-14 so far, that's all they have made, but they are freakin' awesome :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Battle of the Planets (BOTP), also aired on ABC afternoons in the early 1980's. It was a severely butchered version of the Japanese series called Gatchaman. You should watch both series just to see how the Americans could screw up something so cool, but both are classic series, just for very different reasons.

I remember Star Blazers (especially the theme tune), and Battle of the Planets (which I didn't mind as a kid, going to have to see Gatchaman now if it's better), as well as Ulysses 31 from around the same time. Haven't seen any of these for years.

I remember Star Blazers (especially the theme tune), and Battle of the Planets (which I didn't mind as a kid, going to have to see Gatchaman now if it's better), as well as Ulysses 31 from around the same time. Haven't seen any of these for years.

Ahh the old " ABC ARVO's " :thumbsu:
Mainly remember ULYSSES for it's " so cheesy it's good " theme song.

3uf9ll.jpg

I remember Star Blazers (especially the theme tune), and Battle of the Planets (which I didn't mind as a kid, going to have to see Gatchaman now if it's better)...

When you are searching look for: 'Science Ninja Team Gatchaman'. I have only been able to find the first series with subtitles, but that is over 100 episodes worth. Well worth the download and comparison with BOTP, so make sure you get that as well. You will not believe the difference, it's stark.

...as well as Ulysses 31 from around the same time. Haven't seen any of these for years.

Ahh the old " ABC ARVO's " :thumbsu:
Mainly remember ULYSSES for it's " so cheesy it's good " theme song.

I remember Ulysses 31! The theme rocked, the show...err...not so.

I've been waiting for someone else to remember starblazers. I was beginning to think I was the oldest bloke on bf.

I watched battle of the planets but even as a kid, the annoying skinny guy with the funny lips who talked in beeps annoyed me.

I've been waiting for someone else to remember starblazers. I was beginning to think I was the oldest bloke on bf.

I watched battle of the planets but even as a kid, the annoying skinny guy with the funny lips who talked in beeps annoyed me.

Old? We aren't old! ;)

Yes, I agree, we can blame Sandy Frank for butchering the original character.

I really recommend you watch Gatchaman.

No plot spoilers, but that character was called Jinpei (aka The Swallow, as they are all birds) and he doesn't talk in those annoying bloody beeps. What else will you notice is missing? There is also no 7 Zark 7, he was added by the Americans as filler. You won't believe how much they cut out from the Japanese episodes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back