Feedback BigFooty Upgrade - Jan 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed the "Remove formatting" button is working differently to before the upgrade

Before if pasted something into the text box from another source you could highlight it & tap the "Remove formatting" button and it would bring all text to the default option. I was playing around with it just now and since the upgrade it's only removing any formatting that has been done after the text is entered in

So if I copy & paste text from another website where the text is of a larger size & bold, the remove formatting button doesn't change that to the default text; though if I change the text to italics or underline it, if I then click the "Remove formatting" it will revert it to the style from when I pasted it

Is it possible for the "remove formatting" button to revert to it's previous way of working and converting all text to the default style?

I've noticed the "Remove formatting" button is working differently to before the upgrade

Before if pasted something into the text box from another source you could highlight it & tap the "Remove formatting" button and it would bring all text to the default option. I was playing around with it just now and since the upgrade it's only removing any formatting that has been done after the text is entered in

So if I copy & paste text from another website where the text is of a larger size & bold, the remove formatting button doesn't change that to the default text; though if I change the text to italics or underline it, if I then click the "Remove formatting" it will revert it to the style from when I pasted it

Is it possible for the "remove formatting" button to revert to it's previous way of working and converting all text to the default style?
It might be bringing heading styles there.. try this:

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 15.17.55.png

Although it's also annoying when you copy something that is apparently in a table on another website and want to paste it as plain text. it will remove the formatting on the text itself (bold etc) but it won't get rid of the damned table! My cheater way of pasting from a table or spreadsheet without pasting the actual table on the old version was to go into plain text mode and paste it, then when I go back to rich text it's just the text, not a table. Haven't figured out the trick for the new version, short of pasting it into a plain text document in a different program and then pasting it back here..

It might be bringing heading styles there.. try this:

View attachment 1313703

Although it's also annoying when you copy something that is apparently in a table on another website and want to paste it as plain text. it will remove the formatting on the text itself (bold etc) but it won't get rid of the damned table! My cheater way of pasting from a table or spreadsheet without pasting the actual table on the old version was to go into plain text mode and paste it, then when I go back to rich text it's just the text, not a table. Haven't figured out the trick for the new version, short of pasting it into a plain text document in a different program and then pasting it back here..

Thanks for this, it does seem to work in removing the formatting after pasting from elsewhere - tested it on a computer & my phone

I'm often using my phone or ipad for reading & posting on the forum, and those devices don't always make reformatting easy so it's helpful having a simple option to use

short of pasting it into a plain text document in a different program and then pasting it back here..
That's my goto to kill formatting if there is trouble.

I just don't know what is up with the editor now. One set of problems is fixed, another pops up.

That's my goto to kill formatting if there is trouble.

I just don't know what is up with the editor now. One set of problems is fixed, another pops up.
It's mostly fine I think, aside from the lack of bbcode editor.

I tried copying and pasting a quote from the text editor to a different page in the forum before and it works fine, even though it's in rich text it still brings the quote formatting with it (even though it's slightly unnerving). Also it's easier to split a big quote into smaller sections so you can reply to stuff now. You just hit the enter button and it splits it for you, instead of having to put the bbcode into it to break the quote box into two sections.

I'm still really happy about this feature too

Also this one http://www.youtube.com

It's mostly fine I think, aside from the lack of bbcode editor.

I tried copying and pasting a quote from the text editor to a different page in the forum before and it works fine, even though it's in rich text it still brings the quote formatting with it (even though it's slightly unnerving). Also it's easier to split a big quote into smaller sections so you can reply to stuff now. You just hit the enter button and it splits it for you, instead of having to put the bbcode into it to break the quote box into two sections.

I'm still really happy about this feature too

Also this one http://www.youtube.com
Oooh this is a good post. Nice stuff there :thumbsu:

Quote feature in particular might be worth a notice up the top I reckon so everyone can see.

You guys serious with this Gift? You accidentally press while scrolling and it jumps to PayPal. Maybe moving it is a good idea? Or a pop to ask if wish to continue?

Deadly.

You guys serious with this Gift? You accidentally press while scrolling and it jumps to PayPal. Maybe moving it is a good idea? Or a pop to ask if wish to continue?
"Accidentally press while scrolling" - No you need to press once on Gift, then again on the gift you want to give, then on 'Continue...' before it will send you to PayPal to pay for your selected gift.

"Accidentally press while scrolling" - No you need to press once on Gift, then again on the gift you want to give, then on 'Continue...' before it will send you to PayPal to pay for your selected gift.

A few people have "accidentally" pressed this 4 time sequence in the SFA ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re right…in my haste to get it off the screen I accidentally pressed continue. How about taking the most expensive off default? Seriously wtf would anyone gift a sub to another poster?

You’re right…in my haste to get it off the screen I accidentally pressed continue. How about taking the most expensive off default? Seriously wtf would anyone gift a sub to another poster?

I see charity is not one of your traits.

I see charity is not one of your traits.
Well if I was paying to a charity I may be tempted. Are there registered charities disguised as posters? Maybe a symbol/button to alert us?

I will donate $100 to

human-fund2.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back