Feedback BigFooty Upgrade - Jan 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m getting like 500000 ads every page 👍🏻
Same. Used to be 1 major one before threads and one collapsable one at the bottom. Now multiple mid thread and ones at the top that sit there.

It's really gross

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220128-222518_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220128-222518_Chrome.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 39
Weird, first time I have noticed them mid-thread. Only ever top and bottom.
I think I switch them off for logged in people.

But I can see these ones are coming from a particular bit of code.

Give it 5 minutes and there will be no more ads for the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never had mid-thread ads before

A big reason I don't block ads on BF is your good management of them (both content and positioning)

Mid-thread is a bit of a dealbreaker for me though... really impacts usability, especially on mobile
They shouldn't show to anyone who is logged in.

I just saw some last night. And there are a couple of spots with double ad units.

I will investigate further today.

They shouldn't show to anyone who is logged in.

I just saw some last night. And there are a couple of spots with double ad units.

I will investigate further today.
Between my last post and this one they seem to have disappeared for me (at least in this thread)

thanks for the quick response on a Sunday

Between my last post and this one they seem to have disappeared for me (at least in this thread)

I am still drinking my morning coffee. I am on my phone and it looks like Google AdSense but that shouldn't be running on the main forum. No doubt there has been some sort of "improvement" in their system that jams ads in "for your convenience".

I still have them when logged in. Chrome on Andriod, not sure if that is helpful at all

I made a change - lets see if it works. Should show a difference in the next ten minutes.

Anyone else running like absolute turd now? On Chrome mobile and it's almost ground to a halt. Not sure if it's ads or what, other sites still working fine
Chrome is the worst browser these last few years.

Android or iPhone?

I've just fired up Chrome on iPhone 8 and it runs fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back