Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine! I will bring it here.
Define marquee.

By my reckoning we've beaten or equalled our record signing 4 times this decade gone.
Lamela 30m. Sissoko 30m. Sanchez 42m. Ndombele 62m

This last decade gone by numbers:
Year [Revenue | Profit | Retained earnings | Loans - Pounds ] | Transfer spend (euro)
2010119m-6.6m34.7m74m26m
2011163.5m0.69m35.4m76m9.5m
2012144m-4.2m30.8m84m73m
2013147m1.5m32.3m57m122m
2014180m65.2m97.6m35m48m
2015196m9.3m106.9m31m71m
2016210m33m139m125m84m
2017309m41m176m180m122m
2018380m112.9m289m460m0.00m
2019521m (1)N/AN/AN/A181m
1. Twitter: Swiss Ramble Feb 11

So in the decade just gone we have increased revenue (thanks to EPL TV money and CL participation) from 119m to 521m (above Arsenal and Chelsea).

In 5 of the 9 reported profits we have made less than 10m or made a loss. 3 of the biggest 4 profits have occurred during a period where we built a training facility and stadium.

During the first 5 years where people on here *cough* go you pups *cough* and on the twittersphere blamed the club for undermining Redknapp and AVB and leaving us short for top 4 pushes... We had no more than 32m of retained profits and more than double that in bank loans. Seems they didn't really screw them after all, just were acting responsibly. Remember, we didn't have CL revenue in this period. Barring the Bale window transfer spends were among the lower figures in the period. Again, without much money being retained and more being owed. Go figure more money was spent on transfers once CL football started being attained.

Last half of the decade saw revenues balloon with CL revenue, new TV deals and better commercial arrangements by the club (nike etc). But so did loan debt, transfer spending and retained profits (hoarded to pay off debts).

Gone from being lucky to get 4th. To getting top 4 regularly. To now (if this thread is an indication) being livid if we can't attain top 4.
All the while building a state of the art training and lodge facility. New stadium as well.

That's just about the point really, there is scarce evidence other than believing two bit hack journo's that the club is putting profits over football. Most importantly in the Louis Saha and Ryan Nelson period. They probably are keeping some money back now but that is to be expected. Our 1bn pound stadium has outstanding debts to be paid.

Please Zidane98 before you believe the claptrap my mistaken comrades believe, remember, they don't think for themselves, merely believe hack journos and unfounded tweets. They seriously believe all the "Levy is haggling over xxx amount" tweets that get let out. Probably believe the 3m + Wanyama for Grealish scuttlebutt too no doubt.

MOST IMPORTANTLY. This is an example of a well run club, the model you, WealstoneRaider, say that City should have followed, and yet it has garnered 0 trophies and according to you (all season long) a total squad overhaul is now needed. Doesn't paint the picture that this model works now does it, in the context you're arguing that is. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Please, stop chatting s**t.
You’re a funny wee man. Clinging to the notion that we have broken our transfer record multiple times as some sort of evidence of being big players in the transfer market when literally every club in world football has smashed their transfer record over the last decade.

I appreciate all the effort you went to gathering your “evidence” and that’s the only reason I feel obliged to respond. But it’s trumped by the simple fact that we have the lowest net spend considerably over the last five or six years out of the big 6, and behind even the likes of West Ham and Everton. Some progress has been made over the last two windows and one can only hope it continues over the next three or four, because the squad at present still needs a fair bit of surgery

Good 3 points from a performance that we've got to be expecting now really. If we are holding the 2014-2018 years as what is a perfect performance this group can't achieve that and this is as good as it'll get. Imperfect but getting results

Happy enough with that before bed. Go in ahead. Hope to wake up and Jose’s tactics have ensured we see this through.

Only one long range shot on goal from Villa so far so that is a positive. Happy to have Ben back in the side. Bergwijn looking good. Dele so so wasteful. Sonny is not a good pen taker. Winks has been good

Mate, what game were you watching? We were battered for the first 25 minutes and Villa were a constant threat after that. We committed daylight robbery at the end to lock away 3 points but we were not value for it at all.

If you are happy with that then you are very easily pleased. We were dreadful for large parts of that match even though I can't fault the effort.

You’re a funny wee man. Clinging to the notion that we have broken our transfer record multiple times as some sort of evidence of being big players in the transfer market when literally every club in world football has smashed their transfer record over the last decade.

I appreciate all the effort you went to gathering your “evidence” and that’s the only reason I feel obliged to respond. But it’s trumped by the simple fact that we have the lowest net spend considerably over the last five or six years out of the big 6, and behind even the likes of West Ham and Everton. Some progress has been made over the last two windows and one can only hope it continues over the next three or four, because the squad at present still needs a fair bit of surgery
You idiot. With every response I lose a little respect. Didn’t debate anything, just more net spend claptrap.

it is there for all to see. Low revenues, low money left over and higher loan obligations. pre CL

Then higher revenues, higher debts, higher transfers and two major capital works. With CL.

Up to now I have been civil, been called names but not done it back. Keep up those flimsy, nonsense counter arguments “net spend” and that will change. You and JD need one big slap with the crap you post on this topic

Mate, what game were you watching? We were battered for the first 25 minutes and Villa were a constant threat after that. We committed daylight robbery at the end to lock away 3 points but we were not value for it at all.

If you are happy with that then you are very easily pleased. We were dreadful for large parts of that match even though I can't fault the effort.
Look I understand this is the doom and gloom corner. Why, I have NFI, we have more points since Jose arrived than 18/19 other clubs... and are playing without a CF.

So I shouldn’t have to spell everything out for the doomsday crowd, but I will, I was “happy with that” in that we went behind. Didn’t drop the heads, and went into the HT break ahead, with Villa being limited to 1 shot on target.

I posted positive and negative player performances too but as usual, the sad sacks in here concentrate on mere elements.

I find us exciting to watch, forced by a lack of a CF to play fast counter-attack football. Bergwijn excites me, and so does Ndombele and Gio in midfield.

We must have fluffed 4-5 shots in that first half and nearly 10 for the game. If even half of those go in then the talk wouldn’t be about how bad a first half that was. Dele and Son, and Lucas were so so wasteful.

Davies was promising, Winks good... but oh no, must resort to the what game are you watching cheap shot, rather than ask me what I meant.

Look I understand this is the doom and gloom corner. Why, I have NFI, we have more points since Jose arrived than 18/19 other clubs... and are playing without a CF.

So I shouldn’t have to spell everything out for the doomsday crowd, but I will, I was “happy with that” in that we went behind. Didn’t drop the heads, and went into the HT break ahead, with Villa being limited to 1 shot on target.

I posted positive and negative player performances too but as usual, the sad sacks in here concentrate on mere elements.

I find us exciting to watch, forced by a lack of a CF to play fast counter-attack football. Bergwijn excites me, and so does Ndombele and Gio in midfield.

We must have fluffed 4-5 shots in that first half and nearly 10 for the game. If even half of those go in then the talk wouldn’t be about how bad a first half that was. Dele and Son, and Lucas were so so wasteful.

Davies was promising, Winks good... but oh no, must resort to the what game are you watching cheap shot, rather than ask me what I meant.

Christ mate, relax FFS. We are all entitled to our opinions but it seems that we can't criticise anything that the club does whilst you are lurking.

Every time someone says anything you have a crack. Well fk off. I'll say what I like and wasn't exactly overly critical. I said that they worked hard but were dreadful in patches. Is that not an accurate reflection of the game? They played Villa who are a massive chance to be relegated and won in the last 10 seconds due to a mistake from a Villa defender. We weren't playing a rampant Liverpool.

If you stopped knocking everyone with a differing opinion down then you might find that people will engage with you better, but the fact is that you are acting like a right prick. Pull your head in.

Christ mate, relax FFS. We are all entitled to our opinions but it seems that we can't criticise anything that the club does whilst you are lurking.
If you stopped knocking everyone with a differing opinion down then you might find that people will engage with you better, but the fact is that you are acting like a right prick. Pull your head in.
That is how I feel in here, funny that.
every win we have the rhetoric is how s**t we are. Well * off, only Liverpool have more points since Jose arrived... Yes rampant Liverpool.

JD and WR continue game after game after game to name call merely because I offer an opinion that isn’t how woeful we are.

Every time someone says anything you have a crack. Well fk off. I'll say what I like and wasn't exactly overly critical.
Yeah, again, that’s what happens to me. Put up something remotely positive and whammo! Flooded with hysteria.
I said that they worked hard but were dreadful in patches. Is that not an accurate reflection of the game? They played Villa who are a massive chance to be relegated and won in the last 10 seconds due to a mistake from a Villa defender. We weren't playing a rampant Liverpool.
My comment that drew your ire was at HT so the end result or how we won it is largely irrelevant. In that half, I was happy with what happened.

We scored their goal, they had one longe range effort on target and to be frank we should have scored 4 or 5.

Jose should have subbed Dele much sooner but overall. Not too unhappy, Jose has us playing a fast paced counter game that sees us have numerous chances to score. If we’re more clinical these conversations would be vastly different.

That is how I feel in here, funny that.
every win we have the rhetoric is how s**t we are. Well fu** off, only Liverpool have more points since Jose arrived... Yes rampant Liverpool.

JD and WR continue game after game after game to name call merely because I offer an opinion that isn’t how woeful we are.

Yeah, again, that’s what happens to me. Put up something remotely positive and whammo! Flooded with hysteria.

My comment that drew your ire was at HT so the end result or how we won it is largely irrelevant. In that half, I was happy with what happened.

We scored their goal, they had one longe range effort on target and to be frank we should have scored 4 or 5.

Jose should have subbed Dele much sooner but overall. Not too unhappy, Jose has us playing a fast paced counter game that sees us have numerous chances to score. If we’re more clinical these conversations would be vastly different.

1) I was hardly hysterical.

2) Your HT comment is relevant because we were very lucky to go in with a lead. You might have been happy with the score but you cannot possibly have been happy with the way we were playing. We could have been 3 down after 20 minutes. Grealish was taking the piss at times and was the best player on the park, for either side. You say that we "should have scored 4 or 5." Well the same is true for them. You can't just state that they had one long range effort when they looked very dangerous every time they got the ball into our box.

3) If you are so easily triggered by me asking what game you were watching then there is little I can say to placate you. We were, at times dreadful. The own goal was atrocious. Toby didn't commit to the ball and Hugo was rooted to his line like a statue. Dier, in the middle of the park was dire. Winks good with the ball but defensively poor. Most of the rest of them were so so at best, with Bergwijn looking our only classy player.

And, one other thing...people are entitled to their opinions on our transfer policy and general direction of the club. ENIC went massively over budget on the stadium, it was delivered a year late and playing at Wembley quite possibly cost us at least one trophy. We spunked the Bale money up against the wall and sure, you say that we have broken our transfer record 4 times in the past few seasons but that is a smoke and mirrors argument. In the hyper-inflationary player market prevalent today teams are breaking transfer records every window. Now I am all for getting value but Levy takes it to the point of being detrimental. He's like the guy that hangs around Woolies at closing time to grab half-price BBQ chickens. Well that's fine but it also makes it impossible for players to bed in properly until the next pre-season and who knows how many points and how much money that costs us in the meantime. A shiny new stadium is of no benefit at all if you can't fill it. And you won't fill it unless you give the fans something to get excited about. Ask any Arsenal supporter (if you can stomach talking to these people).

Plus, what Levy did to Pochettino is criminal. In arguably our best period since the early-1960's he went two full windows without allowing Pochettino to freshen the squad up. And then when he finally opened the cheque-book, Pochettino was left with no opportunity to properly integrate N'dombele, GLC and Sessegnon into the squad. And now here we are, with the biggest a-hole in professional football managing us.

So, if you think that people aren't right to question what is going on then think again. Fans have every right to ask what the hell has happened.

2) Your HT comment is relevant because we were very lucky to go in with a lead. You might have been happy with the score but you cannot possibly have been happy with the way we were playing. We could have been 3 down after 20 minutes. Grealish was taking the piss at times and was the best player on the park, for either side. You say that we "should have scored 4 or 5." Well the same is true for them. You can't just state that they had one long range effort when they looked very dangerous every time they got the ball into our box.
Which I don’t agree with, we were the better side and deserved our lead.
And, one other thing...people are entitled to their opinions on our transfer policy and general direction of the club. ENIC went massively over budget on the stadium, it was delivered a year late and playing at Wembley quite possibly cost us at least one trophy. We spunked the Bale money up against the wall and sure, you say that we have broken our transfer record 4 times in the past few seasons but that is a smoke and mirrors argument. In the hyper-inflationary player market prevalent today teams are breaking transfer records every window. Now I am all for getting value but Levy takes it to the point of being detrimental. He's like the guy that hangs around Woolies at closing time to grab half-price BBQ chickens. Well that's fine but it also makes it impossible for players to bed in properly until the next pre-season and who knows how many points and how much money that costs us in the meantime. A shiny new stadium is of no benefit at all if you can't fill it. And you won't fill it unless you give the fans something to get excited about. Ask any Arsenal supporter (if you can stomach talking to these people).
And most of the arguments against is utter claptrap.

The bale money and similar time frame signings blunders were in part down to Comolli and Sherwood. Pretty sure one of them turned down Luis Suarez ffs.

Over budget isn’t fair on Daniel or the club, partly due to brexit and partly due to electrical contractors nailing, yes nailing the sprinkler system wiring to the roof. Nailing electrical wires isn’t something that the chairman of the client should have to say don’t do it. That cost us months as they had to be refitted and then retested.
Plus, what Levy did to Pochettino is criminal. In arguably our best period since the early-1960's he went two full windows without allowing Pochettino to freshen the squad up. And then when he finally opened the cheque-book, Pochettino was left with no opportunity to properly integrate N'dombele, GLC and Sessegnon into the squad. And now here we are, with the biggest a-hole in professional football managing us
You mean when the club scouts identified players, Rebecca Caplehorn negotiated transfer and Pochettino then turned them down. Barkley, Grealish and Tielemans all apply here.

That a-hole didn’t need months to assimilate signings, got Gio up and going as soon as fit when Poch couldn’t.

Gedson and Bergwijn played straight away. That slow introduction is a lot down to Poch’s exacting training standards.

My comments in the game were during that opening 20-25 minutes when nothing but a defeat was on the cards. You can’t seriously sit there and say you were happy with the performance at that stage? Overall the first half was probably evens but they should really have gone two up in that first 20 and then the game would have nearly been gone. We can’t keep riding our luck like this, only a fool would think we are winning by design rather than relying on a huge dose of luck. Yes we improved in the second half and in the end I feel deserved all the points, but we simply have to start matches better.

Cryptkeeper is right to call you out DG.You take it all too personally. I’ve had pops at JD before for being as I see it too negative, but we don’t fall out over it. I have pops at you for being too blinkered and there’s no need to get upset. Most fans can see things are not all as they should be, but yes there are some positives forming also. The whole “second most points since Jose arrived” is a bit of a red herring for me though. Like I say there’s some pluses but we are way too flakey in midfield and at the back for me to sit back and feel confident that the team will get the job done. I’m pretty sure that’s how most fans see it at the moment. Your tubthumping is well out of place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which I don’t agree with, we were the better side and deserved our lead.

And most of the arguments against is utter claptrap.

The bale money and similar time frame signings blunders were in part down to Comolli and Sherwood. Pretty sure one of them turned down Luis Suarez ffs.

Over budget isn’t fair on Daniel or the club, partly due to brexit and partly due to electrical contractors nailing, yes nailing the sprinkler system wiring to the roof. Nailing electrical wires isn’t something that the chairman of the client should have to say don’t do it. That cost us months as they had to be refitted and then retested.

You mean when the club scouts identified players, Rebecca Caplehorn negotiated transfer and Pochettino then turned them down. Barkley, Grealish and Tielemans all apply here.

That a-hole didn’t need months to assimilate signings, got Gio up and going as soon as fit when Poch couldn’t.

Gedson and Bergwijn played straight away. That slow introduction is a lot down to Poch’s exacting training standards.

Mate, there's no hard evidence that players were turned down and of the three you mentioned Barkley is bog average, Tieleman's decent but not good enough for us and Grealish, who at the time was seen as a risky prospect, despite his obvious talent.

Pochettino did want Mane though and was stonewalled by Levy over about 3M quid. We got Sissoko instead, who I really like but the fact is that Pochettino wanted Mane. You know, that Senegalese guy who is making a mockery out of the Premier League?

Well that was a Levy special.

Mate, there's no hard evidence that players were turned down and of the three you mentioned Barkley is bog average, Tieleman's decent but not good enough for us and Grealish, who at the time was seen as a risky prospect, despite his obvious talent.

Pochettino did want Mane though and was stonewalled by Levy over about 3M quid. We got Sissoko instead, who I really like but the fact is that Pochettino wanted Mane. You know, that Senegalese guy who is making a mockery out of the Premier League?

Ugghh that made me vomit a little in my mouth. If true (and I’m not doubting it wasn’t) it takes me back to the Gerry Francis days when he thought Bergkamp wouldn’t be able to handle the premier league so he bought Ruel Fox instead. That time it was the manager stonewalling the chairman though

Cryptkeeper is right to call you out DG.You take it all too personally. I’ve had pops at JD before for being as I see it too negative, but we don’t fall out over it. I have pops at you for being too blinkered and there’s no need to get upset. Most fans can see things are not all as they should be, but yes there are some positives forming also. The whole “second most points since Jose arrived” is a bit of a red herring for me though. Like I say there’s some pluses but we are way too flakey in midfield and at the back for me to sit back and feel confident that the team will get the job done. I’m pretty sure that’s how most fans see it at the moment. Your tubthumping is well out of place at the moment
No. I get irritated when even when conscious of commenting on positive and negative elements of a game you fly off the handle cos I’ve dared to say something positive. That’s not blinkered.

Just as I am right to call you out for hypocrisy. Slate City for how they spend yet slate our board for being well run and sustainable. And yeah I am ready lay into you Enic out lot, no rebuttals just how net spend is low.

No s**t, banks who loan you money want it back.

To my mind it isn’t a red herring, it is Jose’s adopted style with us, and it works. It’s not luck, how we play under him atm will invite pressure and shots on goal but will present us with numerous chances the other way. Rather exciting. It’s not luck, it is by design.

Or would you rather we play slower to protect what you say is a poor defence and midfield... and then not be able to score like Poch couldn’t earlier in the season?

1) I was hardly hysterical.

3) If you are so easily triggered by me asking what game you were watching then there is little I can say to placate you. We were, at times dreadful. The own goal was atrocious. Toby didn't commit to the ball and Hugo was rooted to his line like a statue. Dier, in the middle of the park was dire. Winks good with the ball but defensively poor. Most of the rest of them were so so at best, with Bergwijn looking our only classy player.

Plus, what Levy did to Pochettino is criminal. In arguably our best period since the early-1960's he went two full windows without allowing Pochettino to freshen the squad up. And then when he finally opened the cheque-book, Pochettino was left with no opportunity to properly integrate N'dombele, GLC and Sessegnon into the squad. And now here we are, with the biggest a-hole in professional football managing us.

So, if you think that people aren't right to question what is going on then think again. Fans have every right to ask what the hell has happened.
Brilliant post. I missed this first time round.

As much evidence as those saying Levy screwed deals. Depends on who you believe. I mean people actually believe two bit hacks that say Grealish fell over because Levy offered 15m and Onomah.

It fell over because Villa got a cash injection with new ownership and no longer needed to sell. Bruce said, cash was needed to keep him and that’s what transpired.

One that definitely did happen was baulking at Wijnaldum’s wage demands and then a month later paying Sissoko the same.

That’s pretty much it. Surprise ******* surprise
So how many games have you said we’ve been s**t in?

Wolves, City, Villa wins off the top of my head. It does not add up at all.

Not luck if it keeps happening.

As much evidence as those saying Levy screwed deals. Depends on who you believe. I mean people actually believe two bit hacks that say Grealish fell over because Levy offered 15m and Onomah.

It fell over because Villa got a cash injection with new ownership and no longer needed to sell. Bruce said, cash was needed to keep him and that’s what transpired.

One that definitely did happen was baulking at Wijnaldum’s wage demands and then a month later paying Sissoko the same.

I don't believe in much of the paper talk, especially the "player plus cash" nonsense.

But I can categorically tell you that we made a bid for 32M offer for Mane. Pochettino wanted him as he had managed him at Southampton and loved him. Mane wanted to come. In principle terms were agreed with the player and his manager. Southampton wanted 35M, Levy stonewalled so Liverpool came in with a 34M bid and got the player.

I think Sissoko has provided good service and is a more than decent player but the Mane hack job by Levy is an absolute howler.

I don't believe in much of the paper talk, especially the "player plus cash" nonsense.

But I can categorically tell you that we made a bid for 32M offer for Mane. Pochettino wanted him as he had managed him at Southampton and loved him. Mane wanted to come. In principle terms were agreed with the player and his manager. Southampton wanted 35M, Levy stonewalled so Liverpool came in with a 34M bid and got the player.

I think Sissoko has provided good service and is a more than decent player but the Mane hack job by Levy is an absolute howler.
Before or after we got Son? Think LW has turned out alright all the same.

No. I get irritated when even when conscious of commenting on positive and negative elements of a game you fly off the handle cos I’ve dared to say something positive. That’s not blinkered.

Just as I am right to call you out for hypocrisy. Slate City for how they spend yet slate our board for being well run and sustainable. And yeah I am ready lay into you Enic out lot, no rebuttals just how net spend is low.

To my mind it isn’t a red herring, it is Jose’s adopted style with us, and it works. It’s not luck, how we play under him atm will invite pressure and shots on goal but will present us with numerous chances the other way. Rather exciting. It’s not luck, it is by design.

Or would you rather we play slower to protect what you say is a poor defence and midfield... and then not be able to score like Poch couldn’t earlier in the season?
The only reason people fly off the handle with you is because some of your views have become almost a parody now. When you stated you care just as much about being proved correct than you do about spurs winning matches then that said it all for me. You aren’t really bothered like the rest of us when it comes to Spurs, I suppose that’s why you don’t see the reality of things but only your own special desire of always being right. I’ve got no time for that s**t anymore, I’d rather discuss the gane with people who can actually see that Eric Dier is not good enough and that Serge Aurier is an accident waiting to happen, rather than someone who has to hanker down on something they said previously just because they can’t accept they’re wrong.

I‘ve gone through the City thing with you. They’ve cheated (subject to appeal) and besides I’ve always said I don’t want owners who can spend their way out of every situation anyway. I’m probably in the minority on that though I accept. But I also want a chairman who actually backs his managers, especially the best manager we had arguably since Bill Nicholson. I’m willing to accept that Poch was also to blame with signings and have always maintained it was a contribution of factors were at play and it wasn’t all on Levy.

Yes ok, fair enough our play is by design accepted, but results are still being influenced largely or at least partially by luck. I’m not blaming Jose for that btw, as we simply do not possess a strong enough team as yet for that style to be near enough full-proof. Jose knows that, people on here know that, but evidently you don’t because Eric Dier is a world class footballer apparently...

You do realise there is a very big middle ground there (City vs Spurs spend/transfer policy)?

And our form is a bit of a red-herring. We are like a shooting gallery at the back and have gotten away with some very late winners when on most other days we'd have dropped points or lost. We nicked 2 points this morning and should be out of the FA Cup. And that is just this week.

City absolutely battered us a week ago yet we somehow won that. Most other performances, except the Burnley rout have been uninspiring from my point of view. The home game against Chelsea was a disaster and we have just snuck wins against Norwich and others.

I don't expect sparkling football every week but our defensive frailties have not been addressed, despite the alleged defensive genius who is managing us.

Chelsea this week is an acid test for me...what have we learned from the disgrace at the Lane?

Before or after we got Son? Think LW has turned out alright all the same.

Well we had Son first but both players can interchange. Both Mane and Son are capable of switching across a front three.

Who would you prefer, Mane or Moura? Because had we landed Mane, Moura would be playing elsewhere.

I am not having a crack at Moura BTW, he's doing a decent job in tough circumstances. But the other guy is a top 5 player in the world right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back