Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a Chelsea emblazoned limo waiting for Bale at the airport I hope the Royal Army pepper it with scud missiles.

Also Rose close to Genoa, that's only 2 hours drive from Milan, Danny.
The irony that he moaned about us signing players we had to google while our rivals signed big names and it is 2 big name Madristas that has seen him leave the club, only to google who his new teammates are.

When I see Gareth Bale run out for Spurs this season I will partially forgive Levy for sacking Pochettino. But only partially. ;)
Also it appears there's still some bark left in the old boy.

Doherty has been with Wolves for ages, one phone call from Jose and he wants to join us, when we were worse than them for most of last season.
Reguilon has one foot in Carrington, one phone call from Jose and he ditches Ole for us.
The doco showed that it was a phone call from Jose that convinced Bergwijn to come here.

He may be a fading star but he still has some pulling power it seems.

Also Rose close to Genoa, that's only 2 hours drive from Milan, Danny.
The irony that he moaned about us signing players we had to google while our rivals signed big names and it is 2 big name Madristas that has seen him leave the club, only to google who his new teammates are.
Did laugh at that

What sort of coin are we talking if it’s not a loan?

Reckon Levy would want £50m plus. Doubt we’d get an offer over £35m.
Hard one to gauge isnt it. Probably will be a loan to boost his value which is as low as it ever will be right now

Just watching episode 8. Early on, good to see GLC able to change Mourinho's view of him. Now seeing where people come from saying its propaganda quite brushed over just how s**t we were and then the whole investment piece etc.

Athletic saying fees agreed. We pay 300k p/w and Madrid pay 300k p/w. No loan fee.
Kane is on 200k standard rising to 290k if he meets bonuses. Fair wedge we're splashing out.

It’s actually pretty reasonable in the absence of a transfer fee. Let’s say he costs us £30m in wages over 2 years, then takes the expected pay cut in 2 years time and we pay him £200k per week for another 2, well that’s £50m over 4 years. We know there is no sell on fee later on but that is largely offset by the merchandise dollars Bale will bring.

So in essence, it’s no different to paying him £150k per week over 4 years (£30m) plus a £20m transfer fee.

Seems a reasonable deal for both parties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the bust up. Bit of respect for Aurier sorting it. Massive respect for Hugo. Fantastic stuff! He is 100% right, push back just like Lucas would for the team

Doco definitely better without cynicism in mind. Not thinking about motives behind things just enjoying it.

Think the bromance is over, Dier has outgrown Dele and his immaturity.

It’s enjoyable but come on mate, you can admit that it’s a propaganda piece without losing any cred.

I liked it, but it’s an infomercial.

It’s enjoyable but come on mate, you can admit that it’s a propaganda piece without losing any cred.

It may be in parts but if that is at the forefront of the mind you find yourself micro-analysing every aspect and not taking it all in.

Like above, we aren’t signing Bale to get the fans off their backs. We’re doing it because he’s attainable and makes us better.

In terms of important stories for the season for me it had to be the following in order of importance. Didn't go deep enough into those in bold

- sacking of Poch (showing the moment he made the call would have been the best sports doco viewing as painful as it would be to watch)
- hiring of Mou
- Eriksen saga
- furloughing the staff (completely missed)
- mass injuries
- tanguy troubles (needed more Mou view of Tanguy)

It may be in parts but if that is at the forefront of the mind you find yourself micro-analysing every aspect and not taking it all in.

Like above, we aren’t signing Bale to get the fans off their backs. We’re doing it because he’s attainable and makes us better.

It certainly wasn’t at the forefront of my mind but it was magazine glossy.

Did you happen to see Sunderland ‘Til I Die? If not, do yourself a favour.

That’s what the Spurs doco should have been. There was more than enough material at Amazon’s disposal. I would have loved some dressing room footage of Pochettino addressing the players and some of his training ground stuff too. That would have made for an interesting contrast to what Mourinho brings to the table.

It certainly wasn’t at the forefront of my mind but it was magazine glossy.

Did you happen to see Sunderland ‘Til I Die? If not, do yourself a favour.

That’s what the Spurs doco should have been. There was more than enough material at Amazon’s disposal. I would have loved some dressing room footage of Pochettino addressing the players and some of his training ground stuff too. That would have made for an interesting contrast.
Sunderland and us are vastly different though. Very little but negatives to record and yes I’ve seen it.

Amazon couldn’t get access until some point in October hence why lots of the Poch period was missing, not glossed over.

Sunderland and us are vastly different though. Very little but negatives to record and yes I’ve seen it.

Amazon couldn’t get access until some point in October hence why lots of the Poch period was missing, not glossed over.

No s**t we are different clubs but that misses the point.

As jd2010 rightly points out, where was the furloughing of staff footage? Do you not think it odd that for a so called warts and all “unrestricted access” documentary it was remarkably sanitised? Come on mate, we aren’t attacking Levy or Mourinho here, but that thing, whilst enjoyable was dross and not even in the least bit insightful.

Not one club employee not directly involved with the team itself was spoken to, save for the 30 second puff piece where Mourinho meets the bean counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back