Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely one of the most bemusing fans we have. Always gloomy, never happy.

You’re special alright...
what are you on about lol

fantastic clean sheet, viniscuis looked very good, davies at cb very solid and young clarke showed a bit coming on for some mins as 7th choice winger

what are you on about lol

fantastic clean sheet, viniscuis looked very good, davies at cb very solid and young clarke showed a bit coming on for some mins as 7th choice winger
Yet with one defeat in 17 matches most our squad and coach have an average rating under you between 5-6.

Just so out of touch really. 19 scored in our last 4 but barely any 8’s handed out. It is actually pathetic.

Yet with one defeat in 17 matches most our squad and coach have an average rating under you between 5-6.

Just so out of touch really. 19 scored in our last 4 but barely any 8’s handed out. It is actually pathetic.
shhh! you could do your own ratings if you watched the games

we are 7th and needed stars to get past farmers averages in the 5s and 6s is where I see it for a side that wants to win titles/trophies

1603401900148.png

Very solid game all around. Couple of early shaky moments for Sanchez but he came through with a CS. Thought Lamela was probably our worst on the night but even he did his job. Important to get out of the blocks early so we can rest players in the later stages of this group

So nice to just see Kane sit the whole game on the bench. He should be limited to at most coming on as a sub during the group games. And only if a goal is needed

The best thing about having a newborn in the house is all the football I watch on Kayo/Optus throughout the whole night. I’ve watched more Football in the last week than I have for the last 12 months.

So nice to just see Kane sit the whole game on the bench. He should be limited to at most coming on as a sub during the group games. And only if a goal is needed
That is something i like about Mourinho. Feel like he is more likely to start him on the bench and only bring him on when necessary whereas Poch was more the other way around

we are 7th and needed stars to get past farmers averages in the 5s and 6s is where I see it for a side that wants to win titles/trophies
You sir are becoming the worst contributor on this board.

We are only 7th because of a BS rule that VAR had to enforce. With that Newcastle game won we’d be 3rd and only 3pts off the top.

We score at will, the midfield finally is looking good yet even today it is mostly 6-7. You really expect that crap not to be called out for what it is?

So 6 months ago we were utterly ****ed with Mourinho playing drab football... Now we are a side wanting trophies.
Not one remark from JD praising Hitchen and Levy for that. Wonder why that is #agendas

We are only 7th because of a BS rule that VAR had to enforce. With that Newcastle game won we’d be 3rd and only 3pts off the top.
Sure it is a terrible rule but at 1-0 you always have the risk of a dodgy decision go against. Take the chances like we should have and then like the Southampton game the dodgy decision doesn’t matter.
The rule is the same for everyone

Sure it is a terrible rule but at 1-0 you always have the risk of a dodgy decision go against. Take the chances like we should have and then like the Southampton game the dodgy decision doesn’t matter.
The rule is the same for everyone
How we should have played, or what we should have done is irrelevant though.
Objectively, that decision cost two points. Try and argue it didn't.

How we should have played, or what we should have done is irrelevant though.
Objectively, that decision cost two points. Try and argue it didn't.
Sure you could say it cost us points, if it happens again though it would still be a penalty though. That will happen over the season. Blowing a 3 goal lead also cost us 2 points and 3rd spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure you could say it cost us points, if it happens again though it would still be a penalty though. That will happen over the season. Blowing a 3 goal lead also cost us 2 points and 3rd spot
Of course, I never mentioned that as we only have ourselves to blame for conceding the lead.
Agree with Jose, we could be in that position at 80 mins 50 more times and we'd win all 50.

There are those like me who can see we are a good side, and in 1 month... two months after more gelling we will be damn hard to get a point off, and those like JD desperately clinging to the notion we aren't very good, handing out gash ratings, all so he doesn't have to praise the recruitment, and admit that the sacking of his man Mauricio for Mourinho was justified. Which it was.

Time this fan base comes alive, we are going to have an enjoyable season.

There are those like me who can see we are a good side, and in 1 month... two months after more gelling we will be damn hard to get a point off, and those like JD desperately clinging to the notion we aren't very good, handing out gash ratings, all so he doesn't have to praise the recruitment, and admit that the sacking of his man Mauricio for Mourinho was justified. Which it was.
I see it as this is now an open season and we can't afford to be throwing points away like the weekend. I am with you about Mourinho and Poch though

That is something i like about Mourinho. Feel like he is more likely to start him on the bench and only bring him on when necessary whereas Poch was more the other way around

Helps when the manager has someone he can trust to start and provide an impact on the game rather than just a positional placegetter.

Gareth (and Luka Modric) back in the day were the guys to attract me to Spurs. I didn't want to be another Pool supporter, or MuN bandwagoner.

It is soo nice to see Gareth back and smiling and enjoying his football again. All the noise coming from the club is that he is really gluing the guys together to which we have a number of new elements to the squad.

Holjberg is fast becoming my favorite player. I loved what dele can do, erry one loves Harry and Sonny, wel you can't not love Sonny but Holjberg, there is something different about this beast. Will fight and battle for every possession, will dig in the clinches when the going gets tough and that can only bode well for a tea who needs a winners mentality.

Of course, I never mentioned that as we only have ourselves to blame for conceding the lead.
Agree with Jose, we could be in that position at 80 mins 50 more times and we'd win all 50.

Time this fan base comes alive, we are going to have an enjoyable season.
We are 7th. For a club wanting to finish 1st this season that's about a 6/10 start. 6 out of 10 and 7th is still a pass for this group of players.

You'd find most players and the manager are averaging around that. When we play well the 8s and 9s come out more regularly. But quite often even when we play well as an attack the defence just isnt good enough to keep up.

How can any of the back 4 get 8s in a 3-3 draw or 5-2 win. If they can start keeping clean sheets like midweek in the premier league they will receive higher marks. Only reason they didn't midweek is they didnt actually have to do any defending against some random Austrian side.

Praise the recruitment? So far I've been nothing short of praise for Hojberg apart from that 1 awful game. Doherty is adapting. Hart is a squad filler decision and doing okay. Viniscius has played 1 game. And I've been massive on Reguillon from the get go. First time we've had a crack at a decent window and so far it's going well. Probably a 7/10 or 8/10 on that front.

Our problem is we missed on the most important signing a CB and are left with a very average bunch, but average could be enough for a league title this season with no VVD. 99.9% of Spurs fan would be okay with any of Toby, Sanchez or Dier leaving the club or at the very least being squad players at best.

And you're right it has been enjoyable watching us attack and score. If you've got the mindset right and not to expect to win with a 3-0 lead because our defence is average then even last weekend was enjoyable to watch.

Fantastic result and defensive performance. Utterly awful going forward and could be a problem when other sides copy that and sit back against us, hopefully Bale set pieces helps break that down. But the back 4 and Lloris were fantastic. Hojberg and Kane very good and then Son who was very poor still pops up for a goal.

1603749756181.png

Fair to say I agree with very little of that.
Problem is you see a 6/10 as an insult whereas I see that as an okay performance

Less than 5 = better for the opposition than for us
5.0 = poor but not awful
6.0 = not great
6.5 = pretty good
7.0 = good
7.5 = very good
8.0 = fantastic
8.5 = fantastic with a game changing moment at either end
9.0 = MOTM worthy in wins
9.5 = brilliance
10.0 = a game that will be spoken about and remembered forever

Gold hands out 9s for games that we've already forgotten. If you stacked up some of the 9s he has given out there's massive discrepancies between the quality in them

Sons finish was insanely good. Didn’t just hit it on target And then rue bad luck when it’s stopped. Actually lifted it into the roof of the net.

We were poor, but we were due a bit of luck after dropping 4 points agsinst Newcastle and West Ham. Only -2 points now in my eyes

Problem is you see a 6/10 as an insult whereas I see that as an okay performance

Less than 5 = better for the opposition than for us
5.0 = poor but not awful
6.0 = not great
6.5 = pretty good
7.0 = good
7.5 = very good
8.0 = fantastic
8.5 = fantastic with a game changing moment at either end
9.0 = MOTM worthy in wins
9.5 = brilliance
10.0 = a game that will be spoken about and remembered forever

Gold hands out 9s for games that we've already forgotten. If you stacked up some of the 9s he has given out there's massive discrepancies between the quality in them
I do not care anymore for your justifications. You’ve just been deemed wrong.

We are 1 dodgy pen v Newcastle from being top of the league and mostly 6s all season.

Utterly clueless numpty thinking we’ve been average for most of the season, our odds for the title have been shortening every matchday.

We are in this up to our eyeballs.

I do not care anymore for your justifications. You’ve just been deemed wrong.

We are 1 dodgy pen v Newcastle from being top of the league and mostly 6s all season.

Utterly clueless numpty thinking we’ve been average for most of the season, our odds for the title have been shortening every matchday.

We are in this up to our eyeballs.
Take a chill pill you dick. You don't watch the games so you're ineligible to comment on performances over 90 minutes.

We are 5th which again is right about where this group should be. The average rating is better than a pass mark of 6.0. Today's fantastic 1-0 performance had an avg. rating of 6.8 with the starters plus manager getting a 7.2.

When this football team performs well it should get scores above 7, when it is okay like we have been it'll score in the 6s.

Interesting to note that Rob Guest did the ratings instead of Gold today for a change, and he was much more harsher than Gold. Probably gave a lot lower scores than me for most players bar Ndombele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back