Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
City might not be too bad, match up well against them and won't have Jesus, Mendy or Aguero.
Arsenal at home shouldn't be too bad. Man mark Aubameyang and they're toothless.

the others will be tough though. Important to bank UEL points early so we can go weaker MD4-6

Have watched every game in full bar Skendija.
My bad you now watch live and in full.

You can't honestly say we were as good against Newcastle, Plovdiv and Everton (average rating 4.7) as we have been in the last 4 games (avg rating of 7.1). Southampton the two halves were polar opposites which saw a rating of 6.3 with a 4.5 at HT probably being kind to how poor we were.

It's fair to say we are on an upward trend which has been reflected in my ratings and the turning point was the inhumane win we had against Chelsea. Since that point Mourinho's average rating is 7.5 and the overall squad average is up from 6.2 to 6.8, with only Bale and Sanchez below 6s.

I do not care anymore for your justifications. You’ve just been deemed wrong.

We are 1 dodgy pen v Newcastle from being top of the league and mostly 6s all season.

Utterly clueless numpty thinking we’ve been average for most of the season, our odds for the title have been shortening every matchday.

We are in this up to our eyeballs.
As someone who has watched every game and who has also scanned the league, we are well and truly in the title hunt this season. If Kane, Son stay fit and Bale can get back to near his best, it’s as lethal a front 3 as you will find. Add some real steel through the midfield with NDombele and Lo Celso.

Yes the back 4 is a potential weak point but looking around the league we aren’t on our own there

Genuinally excited for the season ahead in all comps!

When can we start the conversation that Sonny is our best player? Kane is obviously brilliant but Sonny is fast catching Harry imho.
Son has got to the level Kane has been at in previous seasons. Kane though has just gone up to superhuman levels this season

As someone who has watched every game and who has also scanned the league, we are well and truly in the title hunt this season. If Kane, Son stay fit and Bale can get back to near his best, it’s as lethal a front 3 as you will find. Add some real steel through the midfield with NDombele and Lo Celso.

Yes the back 4 is a potential weak point but looking around the league we aren’t on our own there

Genuinally excited for the season ahead in all comps!
Liverpool losing VVD and City not signing a proper LB means it's a very open season. Still think Liverpool are favourites but we are in the hunt along with about 6-7 others

Liverpool losing VVD and City not signing a proper LB means it's a very open season. Still think Liverpool are favourites but we are in the hunt along with about 6-7 others
As soon as VVD went down that just opened the whole season up. Mid 80’s points might do it this year

Need to take advantage of the next 2 as the run after that isn't easy

City
Chelsea away
Arsenal
Palace away
Liverpool away
Leicester
At least City, Chelsea and Liverpool will probably have meaningful European games to contend with.

You would think we should be close to qualification by that point and regardless would rotate much more heavily than some of those

What an embarrassing performance let alone result. No shot on target in 90 mins against the 5th best Belgian side. Credit to Antwerp to they didnt just sit back, they got in our faces and we either crumbled or we didn't have the skill to get through them.

1604000758103.png

Davies and Winks utterly awful. No other outfield players were that good. Lucas, Hojberg and Son did help us look half a chance in the 2nd half. Thought Aurier also was okay. The rest so flat and nothing to really say good or indifferent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our so called depth not looking that deep.
Problem with making 8 or 9 changes to your outfield is the lack of cohesion. Guys need mins to get that cohesion and match fitness but their quality should be enough to beat bloody Antwerp.

Just offered no speed in attack or creativity at all out there. The little bits we did show didn't come off and came through GLC and Dele who both went off at half time

Problem with making 8 or 9 changes to your outfield is the lack of cohesion. Guys need mins to get that cohesion and match fitness but their quality should be enough to beat bloody Antwerp.

Just offered no speed in attack or creativity at all out there. The little bits we did show didn't come off and came through GLC and Dele who both went off at half time
I thought Dele was horrible. Think it’s best for both parties if he is sold in January

I find Lamela so frustrating. Gets into great spots but always seems to hold onto the ball for a 1/2 second too long. I seem to always be yelling at him to pass it!

I thought Dele was horrible. Think it’s best for both parties if he is sold in January

I find Lamela so frustrating. Gets into great spots but always seems to hold onto the ball for a 1/2 second too long. I seem to always be yelling at him to pass it!
I don't think Dele was good by any stretch. But he set Bergwijn and Viniscius away a couple of times in that first half and got into positions to do it more but his final ball was terrible. I think it more highlights how bad we were that our attacking highlight is 2 good passes that came to nothing and a guy getting into a good spot to make a good pass only to fail to hit said pass

There were a number of guys out there this morning who should have used that game as a way to showcase their talents and push for first team selection. They all failed miserably.

Dele - looks completely shot as a footballer. Probably needs to find a new home. Doesn't suit Mourinho's system and looks disinterested.
Bergwijn - offered zero.
Winks - meh, vanilla. A poor man's Scotty Parker.
Lo Celso - I am sorry but I just don't get the hype. Has put in a couple of nice performances but is far too left sided, far too slow to release the ball and just doesn't know how to control a game from midfield. He's a fraction of what N'dombele is and has not taken the next step.
Reguilon - leaves us exposed at the back. Obviously talented but almost every single Antwerp attack came as a result of him leaving the less mobile Davies one-out.
Bale - needs to get himself a lot fitter than he is. Meandered around the park and looks afraid to get involved. Not sure what to make of what I have seen so far.

It is an indictment on those out there that Kane and Son even had to be considered to come on. That side should have handled Antwerp pretty comfortably. The truth is that we never looked like getting anything once we went behind.

There were a number of guys out there this morning who should have used that game as a way to showcase their talents and push for first team selection. They all failed miserably.

Dele - looks completely shot as a footballer. Probably needs to find a new home. Doesn't suit Mourinho's system and looks disinterested.
Bergwijn - offered zero.
Winks - meh, vanilla. A poor man's Scotty Parker.
Lo Celso - I am sorry but I just don't get the hype. Has put in a couple of nice performances but is far too left sided, far too slow to release the ball and just doesn't know how to control a game from midfield. He's a fraction of what N'dombele is and has not taken the next step.
Reguilon - leaves us exposed at the back. Obviously talented but almost every single Antwerp attack came as a result of him leaving the less mobile Davies one-out.
Bale - needs to get himself a lot fitter than he is. Meandered around the park and looks afraid to get involved. Not sure what to make of what I have seen so far.

It is an indictment on those out there that Kane and Son even had to be considered to come on. That side should have handled Antwerp pretty comfortably. The truth is that we never looked like getting anything once we went behind.
N’Dombele stiff to be mentioned... lol

We will regret selling Dele.

Do you think so?

He's been rotten for two years except for a couple of games after Jose put a rocket up him when he first got here.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should have taken the 80m we would have gotten for him back in 2018. We wouldn't get 30m for him now.

It might be best to hold and hope he comes good but I just don't see him getting games under Jose. And I don't see a guy who is desperate to win his spot back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back