Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen more from Dele in these cameos than I did Ndombele under Jose last season. Hasn't been good but some tough love and it could turn. He doesn't suit our counter attacking style but there's so many games like tonight and Burnley where we won't be allowed to play in that way. And in those sorts of games guys like Bergwijn, Bale, Son and Lucas aren't effective

Do you think so?

He's been rotten for two years except for a couple of games after Jose put a rocket up him when he first got here.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should have taken the 80m we would have gotten for him back in 2018. We wouldn't get 30m for him now.

It might be best to hold and hope he comes good but I just don't see him getting games under Jose. And I don't see a guy who is desperate to win his spot back.
Absolutely. We sell him and there’s every chance it bites on the arse.

He’s a system player, at present our system and method does not get the best out of him. No reason why another club couldn’t accommodate him snd he’d flourish.

You think he’s disinterested with Euro’s and World Cup in the next two summer’s? I don’t.

As long as his attitude on the training ground doesn't stink it's on Jose to work out how to get the best out of him. He is a different sort of attacking threat to what is Plan A, but if we are to win trophies there needs to be the subtlety to our game, not just the crazy styles of Lucas, Son & Bale who offer direct pace. Dele can be the subtle flick (lucas assist at Ajax), sublime finish (chelsea away), perfectly timed run off Kane (so many examples) but at the moment we don't look to use those attacking avenues so his is a bit redundant.

We've got 3 current world class players in Lloris, Kane and Son. 2 who've shown they can be in the past in Bale and Dele. And 2 who might become that good in Reguillon and Ndombele.

Can't be writing off such a scarce resource without trying everything to get the most out of them, if the attitude isn't a problem of course.

Absolutely. We sell him and there’s every chance it bites on the arse.

He’s a system player, at present our system and method does not get the best out of him. No reason why another club couldn’t accommodate him snd he’d flourish.

You think he’s disinterested with Euro’s and World Cup in the next two summer’s? I don’t.

He might not be disinterested in the Euro's or WC but that actually is a moot point.

If he doesn't fit our system then he is not going to get enough games to even enter Southgate's thinking re the national team. Dele is hanging on by a thread now as far the national setup is concerned with the emergence of a plethora of young English talent. And the less games he gets the more his value plummets. And the more unlikely any England recall becomes.

And of course it could bite us on the arse if he finds a club that can accommodate his talents. But why should we hang on to him if he is not in Mourinho's plans? It's a lose/lose. If Dele goes to another club, comes up against us and scores a hattrick then so frigging what? He's better off at a club that can use him instead of sitting on Mourinho's bench every week hoping for a few minutes or the odd cup game.

He might not be disinterested in the Euro's or WC but that actually is a moot point.
Not really. Players motivated to gain/regain/retain national status aren’t likely to down tools at club level.
If he doesn't fit our system then he is not going to get enough games to even enter Southgate's thinking re the national team. Dele is hanging on by a thread now as far the national setup is concerned with the emergence of a plethora of young English talent. And the less games he gets the more his value plummets. And the more unlikely any England recall becomes.
Value is such an antiquated concept. Value only matters if we sell him, and given I don’t want that it concerns me not.
And of course it could bite us on the arse if he finds a club that can accommodate his talents. But why should we hang on to him if he is not in Mourinho's plans? It's a lose/lose. If Dele goes to another club, comes up against us and scores a hattrick then so frigging what? He's better off at a club that can use him instead of sitting on Mourinho's bench every week hoping for a few minutes or the odd cup game.
Depth means someone has to be on Mourinho’s bench. Very premature call to throw away someone who isn’t even coming into his prime years yet, and benefits greatly from space created by fullback width and a strong CM dribbling with the a ball. That was Walker and Rose and Dembele and now is Reguilon and Doherty.

Not really. Players motivated to gain/regain/retain national status aren’t likely to down tools at club level.

Value is such an antiquated concept. Value only matters if we sell him, and given I don’t want that it concerns me not.

Depth means someone has to be on Mourinho’s bench. Very premature call to throw away someone who isn’t even coming into his prime years yet, and benefits greatly from space created by fullback width and a strong CM dribbling with the a ball. That was Walker and Rose and Dembele and now is Reguilon and Doherty.

Mate, he’s been rotten for two years.

He’s not good enough to warrant a spot and hasn’t been for ages.

Mate, he’s been rotten for two years.

He’s not good enough to warrant a spot and hasn’t been for ages.
Don’t ‘mate’ me. I am not going to cop being spoken down to. He was the 2nd highest scoring midfielder in the PL last season.

we would be stupid to sell him. That’s my view.

Don’t ‘mate’ me. I am not going to cop being spoken down to. He was the 2nd highest scoring midfielder in the PL last season.

we would be stupid to sell him. That’s my view.

Triggered by the use of the word “mate.”

That’ll do me you arrogant prick. I chose for months to overlook the fact that you have alienated other Spurs fans who dare to have an opinion that differs from yours. I wrongly assumed that you might be open to genuine discussion. But you aren’t. You are nothing more than a self-righteous turd.

Fancy being triggered by someone calling you mate.

For your information, there was nothing about the use of that term that was intended to be condescending. That fact that you took it that way says more about you than it does me.

I’m done with you. It’s not worth the effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez, not denying he's in a rough patch.
Just thinking throwing him away at 24 is not the right move. I'd be more inclined to sell Bergwijn and Winks.

Bergwijn is 23 and has a knack for big goals. And is a recent purchase. Needs to be given a lot more time. Lucas should be the winger most expendable.

If winks wasn't a local HG player he'd be gone

Up to episode 3 and without having listen to Daniel Levy much previously, Tottenham is a business for him. It’s not a love thing, every decision he makes appears to be a business one.

Give it some extra love and it could be anything.

Total grub

Anyway, the Japhet Tangana episode is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bergwijn is 23 and has a knack for big goals. And is a recent purchase. Needs to be given a lot more time. Lucas should be the winger most expendable.

If winks wasn't a local HG player he'd be gone
Just doesn’t look up to it to me, looks like a mid table PL winger at best.

He has ok pace but not fast, seems to only be one footed too. Reckon Jose prefers Lamela and Moura ahead of him.

Just doesn’t look up to it to me, looks like a mid table PL winger at best.

He has ok pace but not fast, seems to only be one footed too. Reckon Jose prefers Lamela and Moura ahead of him.
For all the who ha when he came in, he's been underwhelming. Obviously something in him for us to get him in but it's not clicking... yet.

With our squad in the shape it is in, he is not an automatic selection, why not loan him out and get minutes into his development?

Scored at city and at united. Can definitely improve but he is definitely the right sort of backup option to son and bale. You won't be getting a zaha in for that squad role.

As long as there a clean sheet at the end of this it'll be a brilliant result from an awful performance. Our midfield is being completely shown up by Brighton. Which is a shame because their defence can't cope with this front 3

Tough game to watch but brings us to second, which in its own way is frustrating because we should probably be first.

The biggest issue right now is maintaining the quality, it's certainly there to give us some significant hope this year.

Midfield the issue. Collectively there is a diverse mix of skills, just can’t find the right mix.

Ndombele early yellow didn’t help today.

Thought the back 4 defended well given how much of the game Brighton were on the front foot. Nonsense that their goal wasn’t chalked off by the ref. Blind as a bat.

Yeah whilst we were completely outplayed in midfield Lloris was still well protected by the back 4. So important having quality like Bale to call upon. Not sure the guys at Bergwijn, Lucas, Lamela's level change the result like that

As soon as the commentators were saying it was a clear foul on VAR and the goal shouldn’t stand.... I knew it would stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back