Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the lack of quality in the centre back position that's caused the demise? I genuinely believe we're better than the current state of results but I'm struggling to put my finger on what the issue is. It's too easy to blame Mou.

While we have this firepower in the squad, should we be going for it like the Liverpool of a few years ago?

Sack Mourinho and zilch changes. Most of the squad will stay and remain the bottle jobs they are and the good ones like Son, Kane and Lloris will want out.

You need to keep the good and turf the bottlers. Reguilon has been ropey of late. All the centrehalves are ropey. Aurier was alright tonight. Midfield is abysmal defensively. Don’t think Ndombele/Gio/Hojbjerg works.

Sack Mourinho and zilch changes. Most of the squad will stay and remain the bottle jobs they are and the good ones like Son, Kane and Lloris will want out.

You need to keep the good and turf the bottlers. Reguilon has been ropey of late. All the centrehalves are ropey. Aurier was alright tonight. Midfield is abysmal defensively. Don’t think Ndombele/Gio/Hojbjerg works.

Even as I was writing my previous post I was thinking our current squad doesn't suit Mou's game plan, though you're right, improvement will have to come from changes to the squad.

I think it was also you that pointed out the World Cup around the corner, players will want to see game time, Spurs are in a good position to play hardball with those who want to leave. Next year is one more roll of the dice before financial reality comes back in my opinion.

I think there is hope for Ndombele/Gio/Hojbjerg, Gio needs match time and Hoj is tiring. Reguilon has been a shining light but definitely need to hit the market for some centre backs.

We've turned Reguillon into a Spurs defender.

He was woeful today. Aurier marginally better. Rodon and Dier no better or worse than the Sanchez partnership. Hojberg gassed in the 2nd half but really they controlled the 1st half too. Lucas good at starting counters but did nothing with it more often than not. Lo Celso invisible. Son and Ndombele our best for the day.

Last edited:
I did preface if he wants to leave....And every football fan on earth is aware that he is the national captain.

I'm more than happy to keep him and it'll probably result in me supporting England (after Croatia) in the Euros. A trophy there would work in Spurs favour in keeping Kane.

I also remember talk of Bale staying no matter what, though I'd argue we're a bigger club now (presence) than we were back then so perhaps the "no matter what" comment holds.
People imo falsely think we ended up ok selling Bale. We only ended moving forward because we netted Kane out of the academy.

We can’t sell Kane and expect similar. We will fall massively. He must be kept

People imo falsely think we ended up ok selling Bale. We only ended moving forward because we netted Kane out of the academy.

We can’t sell Kane and expect similar. We will fall massively. He must be kept
We only failed the Bale sale because Baldini had no idea about PL football.

We made 7 signings and only 2 of top 4 level in Eriksen and Lamela. And one unfortunately got struck down by injury.

Now that doesn't mean our current scouting guys wouldn't * it up the same way. I'm probably more confident that they would tbh.

But 150m for 1 player that doesn't want to be at the club anymore as shown by Liverpool and even RB Leipzig, is enough to spend to fix multiple areas and actually improve.

At the end of the day are the likes of Lewandowski, Messi, Ronaldo, Haaland, Mbapppe, Neymar etc. going to want to play against Macabi Plovdiv or FC Noah?

Harry Kane is a worldwide superstar and shouldn't be playing in comps that are below the top rung. His agent knows that, he knows that, Levy knows that & so does whoever our manager is come day 1 of the transfer window. It'll be a saga that if we let run the whole window hampers us regardless of if we sell him or not.

We only failed the Bale sale because Baldini had no idea about PL football.

We made 7 signings and only 2 of top 4 level in Eriksen and Lamela. And one unfortunately got struck down by injury.

Now that doesn't mean our current scouting guys wouldn't fu** it up the same way. I'm probably more confident that they would tbh.

But 150m for 1 player that doesn't want to be at the club anymore as shown by Liverpool and even RB Leipzig, is enough to spend to fix multiple areas and actually improve.

At the end of the day are the likes of Lewandowski, Messi, Ronaldo, Haaland, Mbapppe, Neymar etc. going to want to play against Macabi Plovdiv or FC Noah?

Harry Kane is a worldwide superstar and shouldn't be playing in comps that are below the top rung. His agent knows that, he knows that, Levy knows that & so does whoever our manager is come day 1 of the transfer window. It'll be a saga that if we let run the whole window hampers us regardless of if we sell him or not.
Read my lips. Not for sale.
There will be a riot if he is sold.

I don’t care for the media talk. All Irrelevant twaddle. He is not to be sold.

Read my lips. Not for sale.
There will be a riot if he is sold.

I don’t care for the media talk. All Irrelevant twaddle. He is not to be sold.
What Harry Kane wants, Harry Kane gets.

Back to back EL campaigns is embarrassing for him as a player, regardless of it is for us as a club.

for ****s and giggles, if we got a hail mary offer for Kane that we can't ignore;
anyone got any thoughts on who we get to park up front?

Best i can think of is Benzema if Madrid move him to make way for Haaland.
Or Aguero for the same reason.

for ****s and giggles, if we got a hail mary offer for Kane that we can't ignore;
anyone got any thoughts on who we get to park up front?

Best i can think of is Benzema if Madrid move him to make way for Haaland.
Or Aguero for the same reason.
Danny Ings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't that great prior to jose

Yeah, the last guy got us to a CL Final and 4 top 4 finishes in a row. And we were a much better watch too.

There is no argument that says that the last guy was given the latitude that the current bloke has been given.

Could have not sacked poch then

I think Poch should have been given the opportunity (and some transfer funds) to rebuild. Given Levy gave him zero funds for players for a full two windows it is fair to say that Jose is being given a lot more leeway. By the time Poch was allowed to go to market it was too late.

Could have not sacked poch then
He more than deservedly got the arse.
Gave us good years and good entertainment but had the squad to get it done and didn’t. When things got stale and results fell he just had to go.

Yeah, the last guy got us to a CL Final and 4 top 4 finishes in a row. And we were a much better watch too.

There is no argument that says that the last guy was given the latitude that the current bloke has been given.
we weren't tracking so well post CL final.
Im not sure whether Jose has inherited a trajectory Poch would have followed, or it's of his making.
We are a far cry from the club that hit that peak. A peak i feel was an overachievement on the back of 120% out of key players.

our backline is terrible.
Poch didn't show much interest in fixing it either.
Inherited Lloris - Walker - Alder - Jan - Rose.
Sanchez & Foyth the only investment during his time. neither are looking worth the cost.

Our front 4 are largely the same.
Kane - Son - Dele - Lucas should be netting us better results

Midfield needs another player to pair with PEH.
Ndombele, Lo Celso & Bale are great depth off the bench.

how hard is it to see Aurier is a better #2 RB than starter and go after someone better Doherty.
Or replace Trippier properly
Or that Verts is leaving and Toby is 30+ and Sanchez ain't looking overly reliable. Perhaps a good CB or two is in order. Only propelled Liverpool to a CL & PL title.......

that was a bit rant-ish.

No manager succeeds with our backline.

Im not sure whether Jose has inherited a trajectory Poch would have followed, or it's of his making.
Interesting question. Stabilised us last season to Europe but is this season more about us regressing back to our trajectory before the Jose bounce?

Interesting question. Stabilised us last season to Europe but is this season more about us regressing back to our trajectory before the Jose bounce?
simple equation for me
Sign Dias & Skriniar = top 3 side.

We don't pay that money for a single player though.
We'll pay it for 3 or 4 of them in the hope one comes off and 1/6 generally turns out ok.

Top 10 richest club in the world according to Forbes.
And have what to show for it? If it isn't silverware, at least give us some week to week results.

simple equation for me
Sign Dias & Skriniar = top 3 side.

We don't pay that money for a single player though.
We'll pay it for 3 or 4 of them in the hope one comes off and 1/6 generally turns out ok.

Top 10 richest club in the world according to Forbes.
And have what to show for it? If it isn't silverware, at least give us some week to week results.
We may be forbes rich but think we’re not very liquid atm.

We are a far cry from the club that hit that peak. A peak i feel was an overachievement on the back of 120% out of key players.

our backline is terrible.
Poch didn't show much interest in fixing it either.
Inherited Lloris - Walker - Alder - Jan - Rose.
Sanchez & Foyth the only investment during his time. neither are looking worth the cost.

Our front 4 are largely the same.
Kane - Son - Dele - Lucas should be netting us better results

Midfield needs another player to pair with PEH.
Ndombele, Lo Celso & Bale are great depth off the bench.

how hard is it to see Aurier is a better #2 RB than starter and go after someone better Doherty.
Or replace Trippier properly
Or that Verts is leaving and Toby is 30+ and Sanchez ain't looking overly reliable. Perhaps a good CB or two is in order. Only propelled Liverpool to a CL & PL title.......

that was a bit rant-ish.

No manager succeeds with our backline.

Levy gave him no support for two consecutive windows in an unprecedented dereliction of duty.

You cannot buy players without the Chairman’s backing. And at that time our defence was just fine but we needed reinforcement in other areas.

By the time Levy allowed Pochettino to buy N’dombele (who is far from bench cover) to replace the genius of Dembele it was too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back