Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this isn't doesn't a leveraging tool and actually happens the sport in 2025 will be so different to what it is now
Top spots outside winning the league = meaningless
FA & League Cups probably gain more weight/focus for non Super League FC teams.

This whole 5 teams in/out each season i find interesting
Is it based on points, $$, another qualifier comp?

Top spots outside winning the league = meaningless
FA & League Cups probably gain more weight/focus for non Super League FC teams.

This whole 5 teams in/out each season i find interesting
Is it based on points, $$, another qualifier comp?

It's not really 5 teams in/out though. 15 teams have protected status so there is no carrot for any player outside those 15 teams to take a punt, even on the 5 "promoted" teams.

This thing absolutely reeks.

It's not really 5 teams in/out though. 15 teams have protected status so there is no carrot for any player outside those 15 teams to take a punt, even on the 5 "promoted" teams.

Yeah the bottom 5 could be from the safe 15. So relegation could go to sides finishing 13th-15th from the 20 sides in it

Yeah the bottom 5 could be from the safe 15. So relegation could go to sides finishing 13th-15th from the 20 sides in it
my guess is it's not so much a relegation on points.
But an invite, then being asked to leave.

When you get asked to leave i imagine comes when there is a new flavour on the block
Curious what constitutes an invite though.

just clicked that the clubs want to stay in their domestic leagues and this is a midweek CL style comp.
All this after they f*** up said leagues by undermining any incentive to play for top 4.
And Eufa and FFA have said clubs won't be allowed in their domestic competitions I am fairly sure.
So..... it's s**t.

Last edited:

Eventually it will be 5 clubs who pay enough to get in. It will be like an NBA or NFL expansion team where a team has to pay a $1b+ fee to get in

Eventually it will be 5 clubs who pay enough to get in. It will be like an NBA or NFL expansion team where a team has to pay a $1b+ fee to get in
Assumption is PSG, Dortmund and Bayern round out the 15.

Next 5?
Doubt it goes beyond more than 6 english clubs
RB got the money to pay for Leipzig to come in?
Potentially some billionaires out there looking for projects that would come from nowhere

counter threats are already out that any club joining this league will be expelled from domestic comps.
Game of chicken now. Who blinks first.
Am confused that you quoted my post to say the same thing as I did.

It's not just a Champions League replacement mate. It will ultimately gazump the domestic leagues which will be seen as the red-headed stepchildren.

Going to unblock Art Vandelay_ for a while as genuinely interested in his thoughts on this.
I will preface this by saying that chances are by the time I wake up tomorrow half of this is redundant or pales in comparison to the next update. No way is all the info on this come to light.

To me this whole thing has puppet masters and meek sheep who follow. We fall in the latter category.
We wouldn't have the pull to orchestrate this so we're essentially a dag on a sheep's arse. Clinging to the big boys.

At first thought this was just a dangerous game of chess to get a better deal, as pantskyle points out the regular CL clubs have for a while been unhappy with UEFA and how money is divvied up and UEFA have done nothing. Now here we are. But now I don't think it is a game of chess at all, it's gone too far and the pushback from the national and continental governing bodies means they won't get away with this without a fight or sanctions.

But therein lies the issue, you can understand the reasoning for something but not condone it. I certainly understand why they are doing it, all with the same basic premise. To close the door on the rest and ensure their long term prosperities. For us both options are s**t to think about. The option we have taken will see so many of our fans leave us in droves and not support us anymore, we have sold our soul for a seat at the devil's table. The alternative is just as s**t, had we said no it'd seriously risk our stadium repayments. Can you imagine us saying no and then the backlash ended up not being as bad as it has turned out... We'd have ensured we never reach the heights we want to. Without the other 5 there is no way Sky/BT/Amazon pay as much for the PL rights and seriously inhibits our future finances, not to mention a UCL without those clubs similarly has its revenue dwindled. So I can see why we have done what we have, thought it best to be sitting at the table rather than peering in through the window. Still gutless and spineless mind you and for that our board can go and get ****ed. They should all resign tonight and put us up for sale.

We have imo been wooed by the 3.5bn carrot dangled as the up front funding for foundation clubs as well as the hundred's of millions in ongoing revenue and caved like a fat kid in the confectionary aisle. We have taken the easy meal ticket rather than earn it, decided this is an easy and sure-fire way to pay off our stadium as quickly as possible. Make no mistake though, Paris and Bayern may not have joined yet but they are hardly morally superior, they won't hold out for long before joining the treacherous dozen. If all 6 English clubs were to be stripped of all points and TV money today and sent to the bottom of the PL, I wouldn't complain. Let the Foxes and Hammers contest the title, they've got some integrity.

But the bigger issue goes far beyond the 12-15 clubs that are happy to throw the game into chaos for their own greed. The massive pool of PL money not only sustains the PL clubs but part of it trickles down the pyramid too. So this is money lower league clubs need too. A PL without those 6 is worth significantly less so negatively affects the other 14 too. Players from these clubs (if not consulted) are now caught in the middle, do they tow the club line they are contractually obliged to or do they go rogue and not run the risk of bans that end their careers in their national teams.

If UEFA and FIFA follow through on their threats of bans for players at these clubs from their competitions it threatens to unravel not just the club game but international football also. Who wants to see a world cup with everyone's B team..

We're in a bloody cup final this week, should be relishing the opportunity to stop our drought of silverware but unless there is a very swift backtrack from the club, repeated remorseful apologies and acceptance of sanctions by The FA and UEFA to be chosen by them then frankly don't give a s**t if we win or lose. How can you enjoy winning on Sunday now we've done this? Or how can we be concerned with the direction of the players and coaches when those above them have done this? Do I even bother watching? What enjoyment seeing us score a winner at Wembley could there possibly be. A bitter taste this will leave for a Loooooooooooooong time. And I follow two clubs that have joined this farce FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assumption is PSG, Dortmund and Bayern round out the 15.

Next 5?
Doubt it goes beyond more than 6 english clubs
RB got the money to pay for Leipzig to come in?
Potentially some billionaires out there looking for projects that would come from nowhere
Can absolutely see a couple of investors setting up clubs in America to get in. Emirates dumping their European sponsorship to set up a club in Dubai

I will preface this by saying that chances are by the time I wake up tomorrow half of this is redundant or pales in comparison to the next update. No way is all the info on this come to light.

To me this whole thing has puppet masters and meek sheep who follow. We fall in the latter category.
We wouldn't have the pull to orchestrate this so we're essentially a dag on a sheep's arse. Clinging to the big boys.

At first thought this was just a dangerous game of chess to get a better deal, as pantskyle points out the regular CL clubs have for a while been unhappy with UEFA and how money is divvied up and UEFA have done nothing. Now here we are. But now I don't think it is a game of chess at all, it's gone too far and the pushback from the national and continental governing bodies means they won't get away with this without a fight or sanctions.

But therein lies the issue, you can understand the reasoning for something but not condone it. I certainly understand why they are doing it, all with the same basic premise. To close the door on the rest and ensure their long term prosperities. For us both options are sh*t to think about. The option we have taken will see so many of our fans leave us in droves and not support us anymore, we have sold our soul for a seat at the devil's table. The alternative is just as sh*t, had we said no it'd seriously risk our stadium repayments. Can you imagine us saying no and then the backlash ended up not being as bad as it has turned out... We'd have ensured we never reach the heights we want to. Without the other 5 there is no way Sky/BT/Amazon pay as much for the PL rights and seriously inhibits our future finances, not to mention a UCL without those clubs similarly has its revenue dwindled. So I can see why we have done what we have, thought it best to be sitting at the table rather than peering in through the window. Still gutless and spineless mind you and for that our board can go and get f’ed. They should all resign tonight and put us up for sale.

We have imo been wooed by the 3.5bn carrot dangled as the up front funding for foundation clubs as well as the hundred's of millions in ongoing revenue and caved like a fat kid in the confectionary aisle. We have taken the easy meal ticket rather than earn it, decided this is an easy and sure-fire way to pay off our stadium as quickly as possible. Make no mistake though, Paris and Bayern may not have joined yet but they are hardly morally superior, they won't hold out for long before joining the treacherous dozen. If all 6 English clubs were to be stripped of all points and TV money today and sent to the bottom of the PL, I wouldn't complain. Let the Foxes and Hammers contest the title, they've got some integrity.

But the bigger issue goes far beyond the 12-15 clubs that are happy to throw the game into chaos for their own greed. The massive pool of PL money not only sustains the PL clubs but part of it trickles down the pyramid too. So this is money lower league clubs need too. A PL without those 6 is worth significantly less so negatively affects the other 14 too. Players from these clubs (if not consulted) are now caught in the middle, do they tow the club line they are contractually obliged to or do they go rogue and not run the risk of bans that end their careers in their national teams.

If UEFA and FIFA follow through on their threats of bans for players at these clubs from their competitions it threatens to unravel not just the club game but international football also. Who wants to see a world cup with everyone's B team..

We're in a bloody cup final this week, should be relishing the opportunity to stop our drought of silverware but unless there is a very swift backtrack from the club, repeated remorseful apologies and acceptance of sanctions by The FA and UEFA to be chosen by them then frankly don't give a sh*t if we win or lose. How can you enjoy winning on Sunday now we've done this? Or how can we be concerned with the direction of the players and coaches when those above them have done this? Do I even bother watching? What enjoyment seeing us score a winner at Wembley could there possibly be. A bitter taste this will leave for a Loooooooooooooong time. And I follow two clubs that have joined this farce FFS.
Agree wholeheartedly to much of this. But in terms of orchestraters of this I would have us just behind the Spanish trio, Arsenal and the two Milan sides. City, Liverpool and United don't need to plan this. Chelsea only due to fat Frank putting their top 4 spot at risk do for now but longer term they don't need this as much as we do.

Arsenal need it purely because they're on field matters have been a mess for years and they love money.

We need it massively because we need the money and our on field matters are becoming more and more of a mess.

Levy is likely to be the English representative leading the charge and will play a big role in any negotiations the breakaway league has with anyone. It is widely known he is seen as the ruthless negotiator and the super clubs in this would know that and he'd be more than just a mere hanger on

Agree wholeheartedly to much of this. But in terms of orchestraters of this I would have us just behind the Spanish trio, Arsenal and the two Milan sides. City, Liverpool and United don't need to plan this. Chelsea only due to fat Frank putting their top 4 spot at risk do for now but longer term they don't need this as much as we do.

Arsenal need it purely because they're on field matters have been a mess for years and they love money.

We need it massively because we need the money and our on field matters are becoming more and more of a mess.

Levy is likely to be the English representative leading the charge and will play a big role in any negotiations the breakaway league has with anyone. It is widely known he is seen as the ruthless negotiator and the super clubs in this would know that and he'd be more than just a mere hanger on
I think who the power men are tell you is in charge and it ain't us.

Chairman: Perez (Real Madrid)
Vice Chairmen: Glazer (United), Kroenke (Arsenal), Agnelli (Juventus), Henry (Liverpool).

We may need the cash more, but make no mistake we are a tadpole in this pond. We genuinely are only there because they have let us be.
Not that I am happy about it.

I think who the power men are tell you is in charge and it ain't us.

Chairman: Perez (Real Madrid)
Vice Chairmen: Glazer (United), Kroenke (Arsenal), Agnelli (Juventus), Henry (Liverpool).

We may need the cash more, but make no mistake we are a tadpole in this pond. We genuinely are only there because they have let us be.
Not that I am happy about it.
Hadn't read those announcements. Surprised by Madrid and Juve. The 3 yanks make sense to an extent, dont think united or Liverpool need it financially or in football terms as much as we do. I'd be very pissed off as a United or Liverpool supporter that they are leading this.

Hadn't read those announcements. Surprised by Madrid and Juve. The 3 yanks make sense to an extent, dont think united or Liverpool need it financially or in football terms as much as we do. I'd be very pissed off as a United or Liverpool supporter that they are leading this.
Saw this from a Spurs fan about those two clubs.

"I hate this decision but I'm not gonna hold it against the club.

We've been mocked for years for trying to compete while being run well. We've been told to spend money or see our best players moving on to the big boys.

If we were approached and told 'We are doing it and you can either be at the front with us or left behind' then they had to say yes. It's foolish to think otherwise.

It's Liverpool and particularly Man Utd I have issue with. They've led the way apparently and all because they're scared that their glory days have gone. They're scared of competing in a system where other clubs might be able to become better than them. Pathetic."

I can see why some of our fans are torn. There does seem to be an element of 'we're doing this with or without you' to it all.

Saw this from a Spurs fan about those two clubs.

"I hate this decision but I'm not gonna hold it against the club.

We've been mocked for years for trying to compete while being run well. We've been told to spend money or see our best players moving on to the big boys.

If we were approached and told 'We are doing it and you can either be at the front with us or left behind' then they had to say yes. It's foolish to think otherwise.

It's Liverpool and particularly Man Utd I have issue with. They've led the way apparently and all because they're scared that their glory days have gone. They're scared of competing in a system where other clubs might be able to become better than them. Pathetic."

I can see why some of our fans are torn. There does seem to be an element of 'we're doing this with or without you' to it all.
Guess the sad thing for us we are still supposedly run by a boyhood fan

Not so much about finances for these clubs per se. Although some of them are heavily in debt, and not in the same way we are. They are genuinely running at a loss.

It is about creating a closed shop that stops those not at the table from ever achieving anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back