Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’d throw that into the mix, but it kind of stems from the problems with the players current mentality and for that matter Poch as well. It’s hit the club hard as I suspected it would, as I think there comes a time when continually going so close eventually wears you down - that’s probably true of the fans as well.

On the other hand look at Liverpool. They lost a CL final almost exclusively down to their keeper but they came back a year later and won it (and that was after a draining, epic tussle with City for the league). I suppose the argument would be they’re a team more on the up while we seem to have peaked already. Also I think their manager has a far more positive vibe to him which probably helps you to “go again”.
Klopp won things at Dortmund, massive help too having someone around who knows how to win.

Poch though, nothing sorry to say.

Klopp won things at Dortmund, massive help too having someone around who knows how to win.

Poch though, nothing sorry to say.
Apples and Oranges.

Klopp started at Mainz where he showed promise and was picked up by historically successful Dortmund. Where his acumen and their thirst for success led to silverware. He then goes to even more successful Liverpool and delivers them the ultimate silverware.

Pochettino starts and small fish in the Barcelona pond that is Espanyol. Earns a step up to southampton where he impresses and ends up here.

Pochettino at no point has been at a club that knows how to be successful, and he’s taken us as close as anyone has in over 3 decades.

Sure it’s gone to s**t now and he seriously needs to kick into gear and get our season back on track or he may get his pink slip in the new year, but the criticism about his success is deeply flawed by overlooking key factors that contribute to that

Apples and Oranges.

Klopp started at Mainz where he showed promise and was picked up by historically successful Dortmund. Where his acumen and their thirst for success led to silverware. He then goes to even more successful Liverpool and delivers them the ultimate silverware.

Pochettino starts and small fish in the Barcelona pond that is Espanyol. Earns a step up to southampton where he impresses and ends up here.

Pochettino at no point has been at a club that knows how to be successful, and he’s taken us as close as anyone has in over 3 decades.

Sure it’s gone to s**t now and he seriously needs to kick into gear and get our season back on track or he may get his pink slip in the new year, but the criticism about his success is deeply flawed by overlooking key factors that contribute to that
I agree in the main, although it’s worth pointing out worse managers then Poch have lifted silverware in the last 5 or 6 years and smaller clubs than ours have also won trophies. We’ll probably only find out what really is going on long after the event

Apples and Oranges.

Can't agree with that sorry to say

Dortmund were largely midtable when Klopp took over and teams like Wolfsburg, Stuttgart and Bayern had been Bundesliga champions before Dortmund, Klopp turned them into a Bundesliga winning outfit and someone who challenged in Europe.

Liverpool were going through arguably one of their worst periods in their history, one Slippy G season alone doesn't make up for the 5-6 others that were garbage for their standards, we were well ahead of them for years, yet now the gap has been blown wide apart and we have nothing to show for it.

Espanyol have won 4 copa del reys in their history, 2 in the last 20 years, they are a more successful top flight club than Southampton imo, who I'm pretty sure only have one FA Cup win from the 70s in their history.

We are a big club, but our niche was winning cups and doing well in Europe, Poch hasnt delivered on that front for mine, despite the multiple chances he has had at winning something, as I've said before over the last year or two, he's had multiple cracks and failed every single time come the big day.

As I've mentioned before, s**t trucks like Birmingham and Wigan have won cups against similarly placed sides to whom we've failed against with Poch...

We are a big club, but our niche was winning cups and doing well in Europe, Poch hasnt delivered on that front for mine, despite the multiple chances he has had at winning something, as I've said before over the last year or two, he's had multiple cracks and failed every single time come the big day.
So myopic.

The club has exerted a lot of energy transforming away from the low table cup club and trying to get to that upper echelon of a consistent top 4 and title club.

The critique of Pochettino’s last 4 years as a failure is utterly ridiculous. Usually it’s oppo muppets so very surprising to hear from our own fans

An away win. And an away clean sheet
Yeah for the most part it was good. Still look a bit suspect at the back though but better signs tonight. Lo Celso was good but no doubt he gets dropped for Eriksen at the weekend :rolleyes:

Foyth was good at right back. I’d persist with him there.

But how good has Gazzaniga been since Hugo’s injury. He’s been making some quality saves of late.

I’d still stick by Rose. Good assist today and he has a good young understudy in Sessegnon to come off the bench.

A bit of egg on face in here.

All I’ve heard is claptrap about how it isn’t Poch’s fault we’re in the mire. We are forced to play footballers who don’t want to be here.

No Jan
No Toby
No Rose
No Eriksen

Played all of Sissoko, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Alli, Son and Kane.

Didn’t bring on any of the wantaways and couldn’t beat Sheffield at home.

It is on Poch.
It is his fault.
He needs to get us out of it.

We’re so s**t atm

What a lucky draw. We got our var karma for Leicester back today but in true spursy fashion we don't make the most of it. Dier was truly dire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a lucky draw. We got our var karma for Leicester back today but in true spursy fashion we don't make the most of it. Dier was truly dire
Before any Dier fanboys get offended. He wasn't as bad as aurier and Davies but I've given up on all our full backs. I thought Dier might have a chance at a spurs career as a CB but he's got a lot of improving to do still

Before any Dier fanboys get offended. He wasn't as bad as aurier and Davies but I've given up on all our full backs. I thought Dier might have a chance at a spurs career as a CB but he's got a lot of improving to do still
meh
right about now Kane, Son and Gaz are the only players i'd bother persisting with. Time to overhaul.

We are farked. Seriously could even end up in a relegation battle at this rate. Six easy home games (on paper) and only won half of them. Still not won away in the league. All on the back of a terrible second half of last season. Big do-doo imo

Seasons a write off. Willing to throw it all into the fa cup and CL baskets now. We won't be in a relegation battle but something around 9th and good cup runs in those two is all we can hope for. Is that enough for poch to survive? For me yes but for many it won't be. But that's modern society and their instant gratification for you.

5 previous seasons we've over achieved in 4 of the 5. 1 under achieving season and it's find someone new

As for those that say we had the XI we all wanted out there today, um no.

Two average full backs
One average centre back
The three behind Kane aren't assist makers or passing type players they're all better chipping in with goals.

Poch got the CM duo wrong today though. Ndombele and Sissoko couldn't get control of the game. Would winks be that much better? Not really but it's all we've got

His substitutions were what let him down today. Didn’t have too much of a problem with his starting line up but his subs were ******* atrocious yet again. He’s losing the plot imo

His substitutions were what let him down today. Didn’t have too much of a problem with his starting line up but his subs were ******* atrocious yet again. He’s losing the plot imo
Only one I had issue with was too late bringing on Lucas for aurier.

Winks was better than Ndombele. However they were still in control which leads to sub number two copying their back 5 with Foyth for Dele.

Needed to put Sissoko AT Rwb as soon as they scored with an attacking player on for aurier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back