Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the hullabaloo and over-reactionary nonsense only the LFC front 3 and Son have scored more this season than Harry.

He's also had more shots than anyone except Salah. Apart from his radar being a tad off this season I think he is playing extremely well. Aside from his first half dozen games, which were poor, he's been in the top couple of players in the league again.

He's also had more shots than anyone except Salah. Apart from his radar being a tad off this season I think he is playing extremely well. Aside from his first half dozen games, which were poor, he's been in the top couple of players in the league again.
Precisely why it’d be cheaper to just back him and Conte than not and then have to replace him. He’s a WC striker and is deadly

Precisely why it’d be cheaper to just back him and Conte than not and then have to replace him. He’s a WC striker and is deadly

I can see both arguments though, he's 28 with a contract running down. If he doesn't extend before the summer then our options are limited. We probably have to sell him as it would be fiscally irresponsible not to.

If he extends and Conte stays then we have to give the gaffer 250m to spend. Otherwise we are basically Arsenal...a new stadium and just enough investment to tease the fans and be in what I refer to as "football purgatory" yo-yoing between Europa and Champions League and gong on the odd cup run.

I can see both arguments though, he's 28 with a contract running down. If he doesn't extend before the summer then our options are limited. We probably have to sell him as it would be fiscally irresponsible not to.

If he extends and Conte stays then we have to give the gaffer 250m to spend. Otherwise we are basically Arsenal...a new stadium and just enough investment to tease the fans and be in what I refer to as "football purgatory" yo-yoing between Europa and Champions League and gong on the odd cup run.
As Sherwood said he will ask again in the summer. He is itching to win something. But now that we have Conte we are a chance to get him to sign a new deal, but we would need Conte to extend his deal for that to happen.

Given ourselves a chance having a manager equal to his level. Rather than Nathan Redmond's dad

Oh dear he’s listening to Sherwood now :$

Dim Tim is not that far off the mark mate. Anybody thinking that Kane won't try to explore his options again is in some sort of fantasy world.

Unless Conte convinces him and Levy provides the support of course Kane will agitate for a move. Which is all that jd2010 was saying.

Dim Tim is not that far off the mark mate. Anybody thinking that Kane won't try to explore his options again is in some sort of fantasy world.

Unless Conte convinces him and Levy provides the support of course Kane will agitate for a move. Which is all that jd2010 was saying.
The same Sherwood today that said Bentancur was not a good buy and of the top 4 aspirants the club he’d pick Utd as the club to coach.

Maybe Tactics Tim and JD are two peas in a pod. Right once in a hundred by throwing enough darts at the board.

You say Harry will angle to leave… to where? City have turned to Haaland now. Madrid getting Mbappe. He doesn’t want to leave England, we won’t sell to Chelsea or Arsenal and Liverpool won’t buy him.

The same Sherwood today that said Bentancur was not a good buy and of the top 4 aspirants the club he’d pick Utd as the club to coach.

Maybe Tactics Tim and JD are two peas in a pod. Right once in a hundred by throwing enough darts at the board.

You say Harry will angle to leave… to where? City have turned to Haaland now. Madrid getting Mbappe. He doesn’t want to leave England, we won’t sell to Chelsea or Arsenal and Liverpool won’t buy him.

Are you saying that a top class club won't inquire about one of the three best strikers on the planet, knowing that his contract is winding down?

He's more likely to move this summer than last given the increased leverage he now has. And if you think big clubs won't be making phone calls then you are not paying attention. The only way he stays is if Conte is there and there is serious investment.

He's entitled to ask. As is Son. As is Conte that we spend 200m on players. These are our 3 elite world class assets. They belong up there with the very best in world football, not just playing in CL but winning or pushing at least for the best trophies out there. They walk into any CL semi finalist this season. Yet could be playing in the revamped Intertoto again or if we've improved a little the dreaded UEFA Cup revamp. Son, Kane & Conte don't belong playing against Eintracht Frankfurt, Slavia Praha, Braga or Gent.

The Thurs-Sun games wont work as well for Conte as Tue-Sat which half our CL games would be and even then our league form will be hard to be great as it is when we have full weeks. It's a Conte thing.

Are you saying that a top class club won't inquire about one of the three best strikers on the planet, knowing that his contract is winding down?

He's more likely to move this summer than last given the increased leverage he now has. And if you think big clubs won't be making phone calls then you are not paying attention. The only way he stays is if Conte is there and there is serious investment.
Newcastle with their 500m title build mission now that survival has been secured isn't without a shout either. They'll go massive this summer. The replicating of Shearer and maybe getting something he couldn't and a trophy up there to lure him in. I suspect he'd need to see a season of their money splashing before agreeing to that.

But Poch and United if that happens is a huge chance.

Newcastle with their 500m title build mission now that survival has been secured isn't without a shout either. They'll go massive this summer. The replicating of Shearer and maybe getting something he couldn't and a trophy up there will lure him in. I suspect he'd need to see a season of their money splashing before agreeing to that.

But Poch and United if that happens is a huge chance.

Plus we have all seen how Levy operates.

Very soon Harry Kane will become a depreciating asset. There is not a chance in a million that Levy allows Kane to run down his contract and walk for free. With two years left and at 28 his resale value is high, with a year left and Kane year older it halves. Levy isn't going to miss out on 40-50m quid if he knows the player is going to leave anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus we have all seen how Levy operates.

Very seen Harry Kane will become a depreciating asset. There is not a chance in a million that Levy allows Kane to run down his contract and walk for free. With two years left and at 28 his resale value is high, with a year left and a year older it halves.
Ideally the F in THFC comes through more than the I in ENIC and we back Conte, sign Rashford as Kane's backup and fix the other 7 issues in the squad and win the FA Cup and finish 3rd in the league.

200.gif

Yep. His options are thinning.

Once City get the younger and better prospect he’s stuck hoping the Glazers are willing to spunk 100+ on him. And they’re in no better position than where we are.

Bayern don’t spend big, nor do Atletico. Barca are going at FA so they can register players. Just sold the farm for Vlahovic. Dortmund buy young and sell big. Who does that leave? Inter or AC Milan??

Yep. His options are thinning.

Once City get the younger and better prospect he’s stuck hoping the Glazers are willing to spunk 100+ on him. And they’re in no better position than where we are.

Bayern don’t spend big, nor do Atletico. Barca are going at FA so they can register players. Just sold the farm for Vlahovic. Dortmund buy young and sell big. Who does that leave? Inter or AC Milan??

A big club comes in for him, especially if there is any indication he is gettable. Guaranteed. If Mbappe moves on then PSG will be on the phone. United will come calling, as JD said even Newcastle might show their hand. Haaland is no certainty to leave Dortmund so City are still in play. Real Madrid are in play. There are plenty of viable clubs who will inquire.

It's Harry Kane we are talking about here, not Callum Wilson.

A big club comes in for him, especially if there is any indication he is gettable. Guaranteed. If Mbappe moves on then PSG will be on the phone. United will come calling, as JD said even Newcastle might show their hand. Haaland is no certainty to leave Dortmund so City are still in play. Real Madrid are in play. There are plenty of viable clubs who will inquire.

It's Harry Kane we are talking about here, not Callum Wilson.
We shall see, i remain strongly sceptical a sale will even be entertained

Our current front 3 is very good.
If we can land kessie and a decent cb id be confident we can do some damage next season.
Think the Kessie ship has sailed. Another club will probably double the wages of what we would pay him

Think the Kessie ship has sailed. Another club will probably double the wages of what we would pay him
Not putting a lot of faith in getting him but i reckon we're a chance.
Need CL football though.

If he lands at barca id like to see us tempt de jong over. Again, cl football inportant, but my dream scenario right now is we fall into 4th, conte commits to an extension along with kane and it gives us the impetus to sign de jong and de ligt.

At that point, i think we're set enough to reach the heights and beyond that we did with poch.

Paratici loves a free transfer. If as expected Kessie is a no go wouldn't mind us taking a look at Grillitch from Hoffenheim. Would be an upgrade on Hojberg I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back