Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it does but how many games are we since a win? We’ve had six home bankers and only won three of them and haven’t won away since January. At some point we are going to have to start looking down rather than up you feel. Performances aren't even good either to give some optimism
Even with how poorly we've gone we are within 2 wins off 5th which is where we should be imo.

Personally I think the best way to turn it around is fresh faces. So it helps us move away from the bottom half and into the areas we should be. Guys like Oliver Skipp, Tanganga, Winks etc. they're all good enough to get games at sides like Sheff Utd who are currently occupying our spot so giving them minutes shouldn't mean we can't achieve results. If they are as good as we hope that isnt beyond them, like it wasnt for Mason, Kane & Bentaleb

Winks’ form has been poor this year, Skipp still pretty much unproven and the other guy although he had a decent pre-season is totally unproven. The manager needs to settle on a team as all the chopping and changing is not working. Poch sees them in training and will know better than us if they are ready or not

Winks’ form has been poor this year, Skipp still pretty much unproven and the other guy although he had a decent pre-season is totally unproven. The manager needs to settle on a team as all the chopping and changing is not working. Poch sees them in training and will know better than us if they are ready or not
Can they be really any worse than what we've got?

Are they really worse than guys like Lundstram and Norwood or even a Cantwell at Norwich. Completely unheard of prior to this year

Can they be really any worse than what we've got?

Are they really worse than guys like Lundstram and Norwood or even a Cantwell at Norwich. Completely unheard of prior to this year
Happy to see Dier replaced by anyone. Winks is already pretty much a starter and the other player whose name I have yet to learn how to spell probably will be eased in gently. Hopefully he’ll get chances this season. To be honest I’ve seen nothing from Skipp that leads me to think he will be an asset for us

Happy to see Dier replaced by anyone. Winks is already pretty much a starter and the other player whose name I have yet to learn how to spell probably will be eased in gently. Hopefully he’ll get chances this season. To be honest I’ve seen nothing from Skipp that leads me to think he will be an asset for us
Could not disagree more on Skipp. I reckon he is the best bits of Dier the DM and Winks the CM in one. Can play a pass forward into small gaps but can also hold down his holding position well.

One day, when we’re back to being managed properly you’ll see what Dier can do.

He is a good DM, who at present isn’t what we need given how the team is playing
lol I’ve seen what Dier can do. He's a bang average player, and not good enough to form part of a side intent on doing something big. I think illness and injuries have probably hampered him.

lol I’ve seen what Dier can do. He's a bang average player, and not good enough to form part of a side intent on doing something big. I think illness and injuries have probably hampered him.
That’s changing history.
When we had a team that played to its strengths and played dynamic football with a high press and overlapping fullbacks, this saw Dier it lay brilliantly and earn England call ups.

Ndombele is a close replacement for Dembele. Fix the rest of the team and Poch’s lax tactics and there’s no reason Dier again can’t be a key piece to the team.

Was the DM during our title challenge v Chelsea where we lost out to a side with one of the highest title winning %

That’s changing history.
When we had a team that played to its strengths and played dynamic football with a high press and overlapping fullbacks, this saw Dier it lay brilliantly and earn England call ups.

Ndombele is a close replacement for Dembele. Fix the rest of the team and Poch’s lax tactics and there’s no reason Dier again can’t be a key piece to the team.

Was the DM during our title challenge v Chelsea where we lost out to a side with one of the highest title winning %
Yeah but he’s not been that player since 2017. For England he’s not either. Something has happened to him, and like I’ve said it’s probably all those illnesses he’s had along with injuries. Probably throw confidence in there too. He also lacks a brain, like getting himself booked in the first minute on Saturday so for 89 minutes he’s treading on eggshells which is no good for a defensive minded player. I’m kind of done with him, hate seeing his name as a starter

Yeah but he’s not been that player since 2017. For England he’s not either. Something has happened to him, and like I’ve said it’s probably all those illnesses he’s had along with injuries. Probably throw confidence in there too. He also lacks a brain, like getting himself booked in the first minute on Saturday so for 89 minutes he’s treading on eggshells which is no good for a defensive minded player. I’m kind of done with him, hate seeing his name as a starter
That’s sort of my point though.
As a team we’ve slowly regressed back to the pack since that season, and by February this year we’re no longer even playing well.

I still say it goes back to the daft decision to sell Walker. Walker and Rose were key cogs in how we played. As was the Dier/Dembele double pivot.

I hope we keep him, and I’d play him weekly alongside Ndombele with Lo Celso Dele/Winks and Son ahead of them.

That’s sort of my point though.
As a team we’ve slowly regressed back to the pack since that season, and by February this year we’re no longer even playing well.

I still say it goes back to the daft decision to sell Walker. Walker and Rose were key cogs in how we played. As was the Dier/Dembele double pivot.

I hope we keep him, and I’d play him weekly alongside Ndombele with Lo Celso Dele/Winks and Son ahead of them.
If it took the sale of Walker for things to fall apart as they have then we were obviously a hugely fragile team. And this despite having one of the best strikers in the world, plus Son, Eriksen, a defence packed with players from strong international teams and a host of other decent players.
Let’s not forget that after we sold Walker we still had a good enough 2017/18, a year I feel we would have passed 80 points again had there been a team to chase down at the top and not a runaway champion. We also battered Madrid at Wembley and were very unfortunate to go out to Juve. Selling Walker should not have been a real issue for us and initially it wasn’t.
As for Dier if he can recapture something like his pre 17/18 self then it’s all good, but it’s been over 2 years since then so I’m not holding my breath

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am going to WHL in March to watch the rugby. Can someone tell me the best place to sit or is everywhere good?
I went to an event was in the big one tiered stand behind one of the goals about half way up. I would recommend going in there if you like it behind the goal

Dier is crocked like Rose

They used to be good players. Rose will never be one again. Dier may get back there but he is still a fair way short of his best

Just read Danny Roses comments on running down his contract. The club is seriously in a bit of trouble

I actually don’t blame him. Club has done this to themselves with Danny.

All these guys are getting the money they've been short paid over the years in sign on fees at the next club. Not ideal but it's their right to do so. All could have earnt 30-100k a week more over the years now they're just running down contracts to get millions in sign ons

Why downvote JD’s comment, isn’t he essentially saying the same as you did in the previous post?

So we are going to have a disruptive influence for the next season and a half, with the potential of tearing not only the changing room apart, but the whole club. This is really turning into something of a crisis now. Just shows you how quickly things can unravel at football clubs

Telling as well in the interview that Rose is pointing the finger at "upstairs" and makes sure he makes mention that his relationship with Poch is going just as well now in poor form as it is during good form.

Upstairs = Daniel Levy & Donna Cullen.

The two people bringing this football team on the brink of collapse. Great business people who know very little about how to deal with professional sportspeople

Telling as well in the interview that Rose is pointing the finger at "upstairs" and makes sure he makes mention that his relationship with Poch is going just as well now in poor form as it is during good form.

Upstairs = Daniel Levy & Donna Cullen.

The two people bringing this football team on the brink of collapse. Great business people who know very little about how to deal with professional sportspeople
I agree with you. It’s becoming more and more evident. Can’t deny they’ve done great things on the business side, but like you say they don’t know how to look after the human element. You can’t treat footballers like you would employers at a regular business company, footballers have far more power and sway. This has always been ENIC’s problem, they’ve never recognised that

I agree with you. It’s becoming more and more evident. Can’t deny they’ve done great things on the business side, but like you say they don’t know how to look after the human element. You can’t treat footballers like you would employers at a regular business company, footballers have far more power and sway. This has always been ENIC’s problem, they’ve never recognised that
It's also why most clubs hate dealing with us because they have ex-players on boards who Levy and co just piss off

I think the penny maybe dropping for Dr G. It’s always hard to denounce your heroes though so give him time. Just ask all those people who used to idolise Michael Jackson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back