Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to my feelings of about 3 months ago.
I’ll probably still subject myself to this pain and misery. I’m close to checking out at least somewhat though, if these performances continue it’s going to happen. You can’t wait forever for something, and you know our time is kinda overdue don’t you think.

I’ll probably still subject myself to this pain and misery. I’m close to checking out at least somewhat though, if these performances continue it’s going to happen. You can’t wait forever for something, and you know our time is kinda overdue don’t you think.
We blew our chances with this group. I've accepted that. Now Mourinho just needs time and money to work out who he wants to have a crack with

The change in management as much as it excites me, certainly not checked out, has probably negated our signings.

Not sure if Ndombele is more likely to thrive under Jose, and Jose couldn’t get the best out of De Bruyne or Salah so can we really count on him getting the best out of Lo Celso?

Sissoko and Winks partnership has been figured out and can’t be used if we’re serious.

If we’re going to try and dominate possession (and risk being spun on the counter) then Dier/Wanyama must play with any one of Winks/Ndombele/Sissoko.
If the game plan for a game is to sit back absorb pressure and play on the break then a midfield 3 of Eriksen, Ndombele/Winks and Sissoko is the way to go. Son and Moura/Dele/Lamela as pact wide forwards.

I wonder how the players feel waking up this morning? If they feel like crap maybe there’s some hope for us.

Why do we start every game so poorly? The first ten minutes are so important to a match and I could see from the second minute of the game they were not going to be at it. I mean how has this apathy from our players cultivated itself? Infuriates me

It's a big issue that so many of our players are square pegs in Mourinho's round holes.

Sissoko and Ndombele can't play in his 2 man midfield. Winks can but only next to an out and out DM, both of ours have big question marks. Lo Celso may be able to play the winks role but hasn't had a chance.

We'll definitely have to sign 2 or 3 central midfielders to suit his roles over the next two windows. May mean cutting ties with both this summer's signings though

For me it’s less about that and more about desire and application. Although I can’t deny that some of our players are simply not good enough. Running down blind alleys, woeful passing, getting caught in possession you name it. What a huge job the manager has got on his hands

It's a big issue that so many of our players are square pegs in Mourinho's round holes.

Sissoko and Ndombele can't play in his 2 man midfield. Winks can but only next to an out and out DM, both of ours have big question marks. Lo Celso may be able to play the winks role but hasn't had a chance.

We'll definitely have to sign 2 or 3 central midfielders to suit his roles over the next two windows. May mean cutting ties with both this summer's signings though
Zidane was apparently keen on ndombele.
Dont think we would be short on suitors. Plus, we could opt not to make lo celso permanent

Personally id be keeping winks and ndombele and finding two partners for each (maybe hold dier and try get him back, but depth is handy).
Sell the rest.

I’m not sure about Verts as a left back. He doesn’t have the pace for my liking.

Still hard to say where we really are under Mou. The Utd game left a bad taste in my mouth but this was a good response. And seeing what United just did to City also makes the performance more understandable. The next two games against Wolves and Chelsea will give us a good indication for the rest of the season

I’m not sure about Verts as a left back. He doesn’t have the pace for my liking.

Still hard to say where we really are under Mou. The Utd game left a bad taste in my mouth but this was a good response. And seeing what United just did to City also makes the performance more understandable. The next two games against Wolves and Chelsea will give us a good indication for the rest of the season
I don’t think it will give much of an indication. We’re off the pace this season.

What has changed under Jose is the speed of attack. No more of this winning the ball then slowly and methodically crabbing the ball forward like we were at the end under Poch. It’s quick incisive running forward. So what’s happened is we’re now battering the bottom half sides. West Ham, Bournemouth and now Burnley. This season under Poch we couldn’t even beat them.

What I think will happen this season is that Jose will try and get us as far as he can in the Champions League, which will be tough given next round we’re looking at PSG, Juve, Barca, Leipzig, Ajax/Valencia and possibly Napoli.

He’ll go hard at the FA Cup trying to win it and will get us a spot in Europe. Just not sure if EL or CL.

He’ll experiment with line ups to see what works under his style and what doesn’t and that’ll form part of the summer transfer planning.

I’d say as a result, Kane, Dele, Lucas, Son, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Ndombele, Sanchez, Aurier, Gazzaniga, Lloris are guaranteed to be retained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jose is not asking Jan to get forward. Aurier gets forward and Vertonghen stays back to effectively form a back 3.
He doesn’t need him too either.
With the runners alongside Kane we’re dynamic enough without needing Jan/Rose to do that.

It’s getting the best out of Aurier too.
We’re essentially now playing with 5 players who sit deep. 3 defenders and two CM’s and Aurier joins in with the 3 AM’s and Kane.

I get that he’s not being used as a wing back, but you still need pace to defend. Obviously slightly less so if he’s not bombing up the pitch himself, but you put a Sterling etc up against him then he’s gonna get roasted for pace

If you were to say that about most defenders I'd agree, but with Jan and Toby I don't.
They have so much experience at fullback for Belgium I don't see the issue. They're just as adept there as they are at centrehalf.

You're a funny man, really you are.

A bloke who stated a while back that we're now in a period that's a waste of time under Jose, has stated he's mentally checked out, and is one of the few who still believe Poch wasn't the issue, hence the stupid avatar is the same guy that every discussion goes the man. You truly cannot handle or fathom a view contrary to yours can you? Or are you just frustrated yours often end up not being right?

Mauricio was the problem. Deal with it.
We now have a super successful manager, who has us playing better than we were and attacking faster. Deal with it.
He'll will preference players you don't like and have clouded views on. Deal with it.

I for one am bloody excited about the future. A manager capable of winning an underachieving squad silverware. This group got Poch sacked. Jose won't stand for it and will throw his weight around. Appears as though he's warming to Dele, Toby, Serge and Eric and not yet warmed to Eriksen or GLC. Every manager will have guys they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back