Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right let’s see how things go in the next 5 or 6 games and reevaluate then. I’ve aired my concerns now, and I actually really want to be proved wrong

Thats as good as we've been in the last 18 months. Fantastic stuff. Aurier brilliant. But most impressive to me was Poch's clear tactic to get the Belgians to pass over or through their midfield to that space behind the striker. Tactically fantastic

Not sure why it's taken so long to realise how to combat those tricky fixtures

1) fast start
2) get the ball over the back of the back 4
3) get the ball in between the banks of 4/5 of the midfield and defence

We did all 3 perfectly yesterday and it really was reminiscent of the demolition jobs we did in the final season at the Lane. That was what I called peak spurs and it was so good to see it back after so long.

Not sure why it's taken so long to realise how to combat those tricky fixtures

1) fast start
2) get the ball over the back of the back 4
3) get the ball in between the banks of 4/5 of the midfield and defence

We did all 3 perfectly yesterday and it really was reminiscent of the demolition jobs we did in the final season at the Lane. That was what I called peak spurs and it was so good to see it back after so long.
Over the top seems so logical. If the defenders are all sitting deep, the player on the ball should have plenty of time to pick a pass to a runner

And with players like Son and Moura we have the pace to exploit the long ball over the top. It’s all about mixing things up and not becoming predictable when you’re playing the bus teams

Good news - Kane (1p) puts us one up.

Bad news - we’re making the Greeks look like Liverpool

I guess you campaigners are all still in bed.

Not a good half from us. Leading 2-1 but Olmpiakos have been the better team, by a fair bit. Eriksen right off it, and again too slow and pedestrian by us. Olympiakos look very sharp in attack and have lots of pace which has troubled our back four (which tonight has no pace)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finished 2-2. Average, very average and that’s probably being kind. Too many changes in the team. Sanchez and Davies as full backs means slow, pedestrian play. I’m getting slightly sick of it

Didn’t look like many changes to me.

Sanchez for Aurier
Davies for Rose
Moura for Son
Ndombele for Sissoko

The only questionable one is at RB but can’t do much given KWP is injured. leicester on the weekend then league cup straight after.

Davies by the sounds of it beaten for pace for one goal.

KWP on the bench and Sanchez at RB is a strange move.

Eriksen off his game.

It's all above our head when we don't bring the 110% intensity we are bang average and often outplayed by inferior sides.

Didn’t look like many changes to me.

Sanchez for Aurier
Davies for Rose
Moura for Son
Ndombele for Sissoko

The only questionable one is at RB but can’t do much given KWP is injured. leicester on the weekend then league cup straight after.
Well he took KWP. Leaving Aurier at home was probably a mistake. Most of wanted a RB signed in the window though

I'd have taken a point going into the game to be honest. If we can get 4 points out of the two "weaker" sides that will be enough to get us through.

Big game Saturday. Massive chance to recover the 3 points we lost at home to Newcastle if we get a win there. A draw wouldn't be terrible so to gain an extra 2 points will be great.

I'd have taken a point going into the game to be honest. If we can get 4 points out of the two "weaker" sides that will be enough to get us through.

Big game Saturday. Massive chance to recover the 3 points we lost at home to Newcastle if we get a win there. A draw wouldn't be terrible so to gain an extra 2 points will be great.
Yeah the result in itself is ok, probably will cost us a chance of topping the group but it keeps us on track to qualify. It’s the performance that’s the worry. It wasn’t dreadful and it’s hard to gage how good Olympiakos are, but it was not a performance that is going to fill us our the team with any confidence going forwards

Yeah the result in itself is ok, probably will cost us a chance of topping the group but it keeps us on track to qualify. It’s the performance that’s the worry. It wasn’t dreadful and it’s hard to gage how good Olympiakos are, but it was not a performance that is going to fill us our the team with any confidence going forwards
All comes down to the two ties with Bayern. I don't have a great affinity with the CL to be honest. It's just a hidden super league where the big teams play pointless games until the knockouts.

15 out of 16 sides that qualified from their groups last year were the strongest 2 sides financially in their group and we were one of 2 "poorer" clubs to win a knockout tie along with Ajax

All comes down to the two ties with Bayern. I don't have a great affinity with the CL to be honest. It's just a hidden super league where the big teams play pointless games until the knockouts.

15 out of 16 sides that qualified from their groups last year were the strongest 2 sides financially in their group and we were one of 2 "poorer" clubs to win a knockout tie along with Ajax
But the PL is the same, that’s why we’ve now got a top six that seem impregnable. Money has always told in football, but never more-so than now. There is a slight tedium to it all I reckon when it’s the same teams year after year as it is now.

But the PL is the same, that’s why we’ve now got a top six that seem impregnable. Money has always told in football, but never more-so than now. There is a slight tedium to it all I reckon when it’s the same teams year after year as it is now.
We are constantly finishing above much richer sides than us though.

And generally over the 38 game league season of a whole it is a bit of a bore (to me) for every other game bar our own

Well he took KWP. Leaving Aurier at home was probably a mistake. Most of wanted a RB signed in the window though
I didn’t want a RB, happy for KWP to get a chance, regardless he’s just back from injury. The bench is a usual starting point after injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back