Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Assuming we hold Eriksen until Jan now and either re-try with Dybala or identify a new target.
Whilst Dybala doesnt replace Eriksen's role, he keeps the squad standard up.

This weekends lineup prediction;

Lloris
KWP Sanchez Vert Rose
Winks Ndombele
Lucas Eriksen Lamela
Kane

or a 532 of
Lloris
KWP Alder Sanchez Vert Rose
Eriksen Winks Ndombele
Lucas Kane

Here he goes, I knew the gloating wasn’t far off. As I said, you are the only one who should actually be questioning our signings considering you were saying we didn’t need any. I thought you would be commiserating our net losses this morning
Gloating? Shooting down the premature melting, when we ended up signing who we set out to is not gloating dear boy

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gloating? Shooting down the premature melting, when we ended up signing who we set out to is not gloating dear boy
Nah, just some care more about the club than others. Some care more about Daniel’s wallet taking a hit ;)

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Does anyone feel arsenal had a better window than us?
Lol, no

Didn't really boost their midfield (Ceballos is an AM/utility type mid, but an enforcer he is not and is only a loanee), Luiz might be ok in the short term as Koscielny's replacement, but they needed to start an overhaul in that area (something Poch did very early on with us), Saliba doesn't help them for at least 18-24 months, being out on loan this year then will need adjusting time once he returns.

Then they stock up yet again in their strongest position

To me it just doesn't seem like a well balanced mix and are making the same squad management decisions over and over again.

Dybala would've been icing for us, but we can get away without him, our midfield is fine again, while KWP/Foyth will step up for Trippier.

Sess could be a bench weapon for us, I don't see him playing left back all the time, can see him playing LW/RW/LF/RF at times

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC

Dan sums us all up imo. I agree with him. Glad Kyle will get a crack

Decided to quote you in here rather than the transfer thread.

I can't stand Nathan Clark tbh. He's the worst of the pretentious, pseudo-analytical side and the whinging entitled side of football twitter put together.

Decided to quote you in here rather than the transfer thread.

I can't stand Nathan Clark tbh. He's the worst of the pretentious, pseudo-analytical side and the whinging entitled side of football twitter put together.
Probably is. High self importance possibly.

I guess I was just saying that we’ve all wanted KWP to get his chance to shine. Now he will.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Hmm nah if the violent lesbian looking Lamela doesn't start after the pre season he has had he may as well be sold

Nah, just some care more about the club than others. Some care more about Daniel’s wallet taking a hit ;)
This has all blown well out of proportion.
Doubts beginning to creep in regarding further signings. All gone a bit quiet. Do expect the Sessegnon deal to get done but will probably mean Rose goes, so doesn’t represent an upgrade for me.

If that’s the case then all we’ve done is replace Dembele and Rose with N’Dombele and Sessegnon over the last four windows and bought a kid speculatively for the future. Just not good enough
Lo Celso only got back from holiday today. Things will pick up
Let’s be honest, we’ve been here before. Hopefully the outcome is different this time
Yids and pessimism. Name a more iconic duo
It’s not pessimism, but it’s not blind optimism either which is where you are rooted. Try a dose of reality from time to time
Blind optimism? We started the window nailed on to lose Christian and Toby.
One will stay and the other isn't exactly attracting the interest he'd like. I'd say holding on to both is great.

Remains to be seen what happens with GLC as he's just got back from holiday, but reports seem positive at least.
If we sign him and N'Dombele and all we lose is the great liability Trippier. Good window no??
Yes that would represent a good window, which I’ve already stated. All I said was I have concerns that this may not happen, which I’m entitled and I don’t think it’s pessimistic to claim that going on recent windows. If we sign Lo Celso and keep Eriksen then job well done by the club and I’ll go into the season with some optimism.
You remarked on a comment about Lo Celso with "we've been here before". Well we can't have signed him to now as he's been at Copa and on his mandatory break. So a little harsh.

The next 9 days we'll see what happens.
Wrong, on the previous page I also said

So I’m with you on that, I’m just questioning whether it will now materialise that’s all

Rose linked away. Starting v Madrid.
Eriksen linked to Madrid. Starts.
Lamela is one many (not me) want to sell. Starts.
Many worried about RB. Poch starts Foyth.
First game this season with Jan and Toby.

Poch not afraid to back his boys in. No hiding them away

Sort of snowballed into something bigger than it needed to be. Started off with you having doubts, yid experience. All I intended was to explain why some of these deals hadn't happened. s**t even on deadline day the Sessegnon announcement was delayed because Onomah was taking his merry time signing for Fulham.

You lambasted the use of journo links, which is where some opinions of mine were formed, by reading what they had to say. A lot of them proved to be true or at least half true so hardly just clickbait nonsense.

I didn't mean to annoy or insult you or JD. I merely found the impatience a tad frustrating.
We hold onto Christian and this is a 9/10 window for me. Strengthened in CM, bought two promising youngsters and exposed 3-4 academy players this preaseason.

Bring on Villa I say!!!

P.S. My dose of reality proved level headed I'd have thought.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This has all blown well out of proportion.

Sort of snowballed into something bigger than it needed to be. Started off with you having doubts, yid experience. All I intended was to explain why some of these deals hadn't happened. s**t even on deadline day the Sessegnon announcement was delayed because Onomah was taking his merry time signing for Fulham.

You lambasted the use of journo links, which is where some opinions of mine were formed, by reading what they had to say. A lot of them proved to be true or at least half true so hardly just clickbait nonsense.

I didn't mean to annoy or insult you or JD. I merely found the impatience a tad frustrating.
We hold onto Christian and this is a 9/10 window for me. Strengthened in CM, bought two promising youngsters and exposed 3-4 academy players this preaseason.

Bring on Villa I say!!!

P.S. My dose of reality proved level headed I'd have thought.
Ok that’s a fair summary. I’m not usually pessimistic - certainly not overly, but it was the last two windows that were concerning me and giving me doubts. I felt Levy would/could come through for us. Yeah the whole thing snowballed from there!

It still won’t be a good enough window though if Eriksen goes. But I think we actually tried to get another one in with Dybala, just maybe a bit naive with that deal. Probably should have stuck with Fernandes, but in truth I know little about that player.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very good statistical analysis here of our upcoming season. Makes me realise how much I miss when I watch us play. I suppose you become too invested in the emotion to notice a lot of the subtleties going on

Son and Foyth banned so who gets a game.

Lloris
KWP ~ Toby ~ Jan ~ Rose
Winks
Sissoko ~ Ndombele
Eriksen
Moura ~ Kane
GK: Lloris (c), Gazzaniga, Whiteman
RB: Aurier, KWP
CB: Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth, Tanganga
LB: Rose, Davies
DM: Wanyama, Dier, Winks
CM: Lo Celso, Ndombele, Sissoko, Skipp
RM: Moura, Lamela
LM: Son, Alli, Sessegnon
AM: Alli, Eriksen
CF: Son, Kane, Parrott

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ok that’s a fair summary. I’m not usually pessimistic - certainly not overly, but it was the last two windows that were concerning me and giving me doubts. I felt Levy would/could come through for us. Yeah the whole thing snowballed from there!

It still won’t be a good enough window though if Eriksen goes. But I think we actually tried to get another one in with Dybala, just maybe a bit naive with that deal. Probably should have stuck with Fernandes, but in truth I know little about that player.
The club's not been run well enough on the player movement space for us to expect anything but failure to be fair. Getting an 8 out of 10 from most fans or even higher is the first time in as long as I can remember that we've been this good at it.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Son and Foyth banned so who gets a game.

Lloris
KWP ~ Toby ~ Jan ~ Rose
Winks
Sissoko ~ Ndombele
Eriksen
Moura ~ Kane
GK: Lloris (c), Gazzaniga, Whiteman
RB: Aurier, KWP
CB: Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth, Tanganga
LB: Rose, Davies
DM: Wanyama, Dier, Winks
CM: Lo Celso, Ndombele, Sissoko, Skipp
RM: Moura, Lamela
LM: Son, Alli, Sessegnon
AM: Alli, Eriksen
CF: Son, Kane, Parrott
Lamela in for Eriksen for me. Don't think we can afford to start him until the European window is closed

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tanganga could be our new Ledley King. He looked great in pre-season. Reckon we’ll see him in the league cup and in the PL in the second half of the season. Could end up being we’ve got a ready-made Toby replacement already at the club

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tanganga could be our new Ledley King. He looked great in pre-season. Reckon we’ll see him in the league cup and in the PL in the second half of the season. Could end up being we’ve got a ready-made Toby replacement already at the club
I remember some youth report a year or two ago had him as one of the top 2-3 prospects. It obviously had Marcus Edwards as number one so take that with a grain of salt. Speaking of ill be able to give a few updates on him at Brentford, know a few old blokes who are regulars down there

go you pups the bit on Rose leaving. He travelled unsanctioned by the club to Watford with his agent yesterday to try and force a move.
Spurs rejected 2 bids and refused to answer their calls after that.

He clearly is not a happy boy and wants a fresh start. Sort of wish we could find a way to give it to him.
If he leave Vertonghen will spend lots of time at LB IMO.
Signed a new deal on deadline day.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Rose won't move overseas he'd have to Google the club's let alone the teammates. Not sure Watford is North enough for him but he clearly burnt bridges with poch 12 months ago and it's a barely workable professional relationship now.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The details of the Dybala deal breaking down have come out.

We agreed the 65m transfer fee. Dybala a
wanted 300k a week, we would pay 200k and juventus agreed to pay 100k, we would split the agent fee 50/50 but the deal breaker was the image rights fee of 15m. We wanted to split that 50/50 as well and juventus didn't want to pay more than 5m. So the deal fell over due to a 2.5m disagreement in image rights.

#spursy at it's finest. This for me goes above Moutinho, Rivaldo and Leandro Damiao for failed deadline day deals

evolutionbaby

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2015
Koo Wee Rup
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
any chance erisken stays or he going athelitco mafrid?

Pretty banging squad if he hangs around
A reasonable chance he may hang around for a while longer. Real have made some heavy investments and Athletico look like they are more interested in James. Not too many others in the ball park and/or making noises at the moment.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
A reasonable chance he may hang around for a while longer. Real have made some heavy investments and Athletico look like they are more interested in James. Not too many others in the ball park and/or making noises at the moment.

Yeah, but, I cant see Levy letting him leave on free... Assuming he doesnt sign a new contract.

Madrid might want him if they cannot get Pogba. Athletico might want him if they dont get James. PSG, Juv, Bayern have etc. too have a few weeks to change their mind.

Spurs have a strong squad post transfer window but if they can keep the dane for another season itd be very impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back