Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you worried that teams are targeting Davinson Sanchez and Danny Rose, three times here Newcastle put the ball in between them and scored from one and could have had more and Villa scored from a ball between them as well?

Only if you see the end of the situation. We need to analyse, like VAR, we need to go back and see maybe 10, 20 or 30 seconds before what happened and why this situation arrived. We cannot blame them. First of all it's to blame me and then blame the collective performance when you concede a goal like this.

So it's not just me that sees them as our weak spots. That side of the pitch at fault for the Aguero goal as well

Plain and simple, Poch needs to sort his s**t out with Eriksen and Vertonghen before it derails our season

Such dumb points to drop at home and like many years previously, will likely hurt us come seasons end

Our season is already derailed. It's an ingrained pattern. You know how it goes.... good, better, bit worse, sh it, really sh it, bit better, good, better, bit worse.... this is a "bit-worse" year. 6th-10th finish.

We have won 4 out of our past 15 premier league games and 0 away games in that time. Only Watford (who were resting for an FA Cup) & Brighton (who sacked their manager after near relegation) have a worse record.

JD clean out your ears. I never said we weren’t playing poorly from that Burnley game onwards.

I just will call out the utter bullshit that this poor form extended for most of the season. 60 points in 26 proves that false and you can jam your xG where the sun don’t shine. Pish metric

jam your xG where the sun don’t shine. Pish metric
Even though it balanced out the final 17 league games. +11.6 points first 21 league games & level final 17 league games. The level we played at last season for pretty much 36/38 games was that of a side that would battle to 70 points.

Onto the NLD. I'll take that 2-2 draw every day of the week. Sure we blew a 2-0 lead but it was a pretty even contest and with no fit RBs it's a decent enough point

Poch on Sanchez
Tell us about the thinking in playing Davinson Sanchez on the right and what did you make of his performance?

The performance was great. I think, Hugo (Lloris), him, Harry Winks and Christian Eriksen were on the top of the performance. Then the rest of the team were fantastic too. He is fast, it was difficult to face with space to control Aubameyang. If it wasn’t Aubameyang it was Lacazette or Pepe.

We were watching games from him when he was at Atlético Nacional, in Colombia that he played on the right or on the left and it was not strange for him that situation or position. I think it was a very good solution for the team and I happy because his performance was great.

Alasdair Gold on Sanchez
Davinson Sanchez

Struggled in the right-back slot and never looked comfortable. He's not happy when in possession and gave the ball away on most occasions he tried to dribble forward. This was a poor performance, although he grew somewhat better in the second half, but it was as much about the decision to play him out of position.3

The xG table balances out bro just accept it

The undrawables stole points and stole 4th off United
It’s nonsense because expected goals doesn’t take into account that if one of those non goals is scored the ball goes back to the middle... one of the later shots then may never have happened.

Pish metric

It’s nonsense because expected goals doesn’t take into account that if one of those non goals is scored the ball goes back to the middle... one of the later shots then may never have happened.

Pish metric
Not true they score each chance accordingly and they adjust both when they are within the same action as a previous chance. So both the Lamela shot and Eriksen goal get an adjusted score for being part of the same action

Not true they score each chance accordingly and they adjust both when they are within the same action as a previous chance. So both the Lamela shot and Eriksen goal get an adjusted score for being part of the same action
No it is true. Each xG goal +/- event is independent.
You can’t assume that one is scored that the rest should have been because it takes precise events for goal opportunities to arise. Heading back to the centre circle for a restart throws into doubt the validity of all xG data thereafter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it is true. Each xG goal +/- event is independent.
You can’t assume that one is scored that the rest should have been because it takes precise events for goal opportunities to arise. Heading back to the centre circle for a restart throws into doubt the validity of all xG data thereafter.
That's not what I've read previously when they compared a penalty that was saved and then the rebound both got their xG rated down on exclusive events would have been

That's not what I've read previously when they compared a penalty that was saved and then the rebound both got their xG rated down on exclusive events would have been
I’m talking about events far apart. xG sums up what a side should have scored through out 90 minutes yes?

Well a missed goal at minute 11 and a missed goal at minute 35 affect each other. If for xG purposes we assume min 11 is scored then by simply taking the ball back to the centre min 35 may have never happened. It’s the butterfly effect

I’m talking about events far apart. xG sums up what a side should have scored through out 90 minutes yes?

Well a missed goal at minute 11 and a missed goal at minute 35 affect each other. If for xG purposes we assume min 11 is scored then by simply taking the ball back to the centre min 35 may have never happened. It’s the butterfly effect
There's bound to be a stoppage in play between events where it resets itself between the 11-35 min mark

xG accounts for when there isn't a stoppage in play between events. Like the Lamela shot / Eriksen rebound goal. Because there's no stoppage between the xG calculates them as 1 event

Totti from TFC: Topic "What's gone wrong"

Totti said:
We no longer have this team.

D0edkr3X4AAHDBS

Or the key components that that team brought us.

So we no longer have attacking full backs on both sides, willing to provide that outlet with their pace and fearlessness. Willing to get behind the opponents full backs, get in the box and cause havoc.

We no longer have that feared midfield of style, steel, composure and skill. We don't quite have the same defensive consistency, due to a likelihood of injuries and age to those that were once involved.

We now have an ageing Rose, who looks a shadow of his former self. We have an older Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld who all aren't as good as they once were. We've had three starting right backs in 2 years since that photo was taken and none of them have provided us the same sort of threat Walker did (Trippier provided a different threat but in a different team).

We don't (or haven't had) have Dele further forward and allowed to roam, create and score and we don't have Eriksen performing at the same level due to the issues with his future.

We now have Lucas and Son, who we have to try and fit in the squad. Lucas, doesn't really fit in anywhere in how we play, but to his credit has done an admirable job and never complains. Still not sure whether Son is a winger, wide forward or a forward to play alongside Kane and I don't really think Poch knows either.

We'll get through this - no doubt about it.

Probably take a few more weeks, maybe a month or two but I think once Ndombele is up and running, Lo Celso is in the squad and Dele is back, we'll start seeing something that resembles a classic Tottenham team.

Today, we dine on disappointment but we'll be back.

Brilliant response.

This is pretty much WR and my gripe. We've gone backwards since that period. That was our peak. Year after year we've got a little bit worse each year. 3-4-2-1 was our best football, the day we battered Stoke away was City/Liverpool-esque. If we were to line up like that now we are a much weaker XI albeit stronger for depth in the positions behind Kane with Son, Lamela, Lo Celso & Lucas all not in the starting XI

Lloris
Sanchez - Toby - JV
KWP - Winks - Ndombele - Rose
Dele - Eriksen
Kane

GK: on par (dont think Lloris is any better or worse)
CB: significantly worse (both Belgians are now 30+ and I actually rate Dier as highly as Sanchez as a CB)
RB: significantly worse (Walker > KWP, Aurier, Sanchez)
LB: significantly worse (Rose isn't half the player he was and has been at fault/involved in nearly every goal we've conceded this season)
RCM: different (I prefer what Winks brings to the table than Wanyama but does it get the best out of Eriksen & Dele?)
LCM: not there yet (obviously very similar types but Ndombele will get there one day but isn't the beast)
RAM: worse (injury is hurting this guy massively to the point that Son probably takes his spot)
LAM: on par (in terms of quality he is still as good as then, just his contract saga holding him back)
ST: worse (victim of everything behind him dropping off, his quality is there but we aren't elite like we used to stomping on sides)

I do think we can get the front half sorted but it will take time working out the best combinations in midfield and attack. But at the back we have some serious problems (not at the Chelsea or Arsenal level yet) that won't be fixed this season. There's a reason why we've gone from best defence in the league to about 4th and our football quality has matched that decline.

We were s**t in comparison to the gold standard we set that season. That 3-4-2-1 lineup played City/Liverpool level football. That level of football is now a good 20-30 points better than where we were last season. Even when within 5-6 points of the top 2 they were playing superior more sustainable football which would keep their runs going for 38 games whereas our plucky undrawables would eventually run out of steam and luck

The team was young in 15/16 and 16/17 and should have been peaking now along with a few additional talents. We wasted one year by not signing anyone and the Sanchez and Aurier signings have not proven to be good. Moura has been a good addition and hopefully the signings this summer also.

I think injuries have taken a toll on a few. Obviously Wanyama but perhaps also Dier, Rose and the two Belgians and it remains to be seen if Kane can be at the same level after all these ankle injuries. Dele has lost focus but I feel he will come back. The defence is the big worry though. Definitely regressing in that area and I’m surprised no signings were made

The way we’ve played in the three games this season, the CL final and a lot of league games last season has been almost as dull as watching AVB try to mould that post Bale team together. Zero intensity and too many times, like today, next to zero creativity. A far, far cry from when this team was at its peak
Its basically a replica of the AVB season. Has he taken over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back