Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a mate today who was at the game yesterday. Said it was as bad as he’s seen us pre-Redknapp and the fans are starting to get agitated. Reckons there will be lots of empty seats there on Tuesday. His take is that teams have worked us out and we’ve stagnated. Lot of the blame then would on the managers shoulders for not working out a system to counter that.

I’ve definitely seen some good performances from him JD over the last 9-10 months since things went to s**t. I’m not being funny I’d say he’s actually been one of our best performers in that time. He’s definitely put in some dreadful performances too though like yesterday and for England against the Czechs. The goal against arsenal ten years ago doesn’t factor into it for me at all
No doubt he has some good games in there. But he makes as many key errors as any player in our squad not named Serge Aurier.

Saw a mate today who was at the game yesterday. Said it was as bad as he’s seen us pre-Redknapp and the fans are starting to get agitated. Reckons there will be lots of empty seats there on Tuesday. His take is that teams have worked us out and we’ve stagnated. Lot of the blame then would on the managers shoulders for not working out a system to counter that.
The intensity and pressing has disappeared. Something that Poch took from Espanyol to Southampton and to Spurs which served him so well along the way. If he has decided to tell players to stop pressing I'd be very surprised. If he has then his time is up. If they aren't carrying it out like drill sargents like they used to then it we have a huge issue that even a new manager won't be able to fix. Sure they'll listen to the new guy for a little while but like Ole it'll be short lived

Sissoko made a few comments after Bayern that the players are struggling to run out halves with the press. Why 5 years into the project are they struggling so much more to carry out the managers plans?

No doubt he has some good games in there. But he makes as many key errors as any player in our squad not named Serge Aurier.
For me Vertonghen has been the one making the most mistakes (not named Serge Aurier)

The intensity and pressing has disappeared. Something that Poch took from Espanyol to Southampton and to Spurs which served him so well along the way. If he has decided to tell players to stop pressing I'd be very surprised. If he has then his time is up. If they aren't carrying it out like drill sargents like they used to then it we have a huge issue that even a new manager won't be able to fix. Sure they'll listen to the new guy for a little while but like Ole it'll be short lived

Sissoko made a few comments after Bayern that the players are struggling to run out halves with the press. Why 5 years into the project are they struggling so much more to carry out the managers plans?
The pressing has been eroding slowly since 16/17 when it was at its peak.

It was at it's most constant then. Still think we saw it most games last year or at least for parts of it. This season Palace 1st half & Bayern first 30 mins is all I've seen from it
Yeah we did the press brilliantly against Bayern in that first 30 minutes. Worryingly though it seemed to drain us which wasn’t the case in previous seasons.
Not saying there hasn’t been a press since 16/17, but I noticed it wasn’t as intense as it had been as far back as 17/18. I put it down to the fact that City were so far ahead in the league that it affected our own intensity as we just cruised to top four. But last season I noticed it still wasnt there and that worried me because at the time we were still in the title race. Eventually as you yourself know the good luck ran out and we stopped pinching fortunate wins

Yeah we did the press brilliantly against Bayern in that first 30 minutes. Worryingly though it seemed to drain us which wasn’t the case in previous seasons.
Not saying there hasn’t been a press since 16/17, but I noticed it wasn’t as intense as it had been as far back as 17/18. I put it down to the fact that City were so far ahead in the league that it affected our own intensity as we just cruised to top four. But last season I noticed it still wasnt there and that worried me because at the time we were still in the title race. Eventually as you yourself know the good luck ran out and we stopped pinching fortunate wins
Yeah I think the players just don't push in pre-season, training or in games like they used to when we were within touching distance of something great.

Perfect example last year was our league performances vs. our CL performances. We blitzed Dortmund and Ajax with our pressing. Yet in the league it was non existent

What is the draw no bet odds. Wouldn't surprise me we draw at home
$7.60

$3.70 for a draw or Crvena Zvezda looks reasonable odds in our current form. We are $1.14 :oops:

I feel like these are what the odds would be if we were flying rather than our current malaise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that you've gone and said it, watch it unfurl in all it's horrid glory.
Nope, we are gonna win tonight. I have my Dr G blind optimism head on.

Seriously though, we’ll see a performance tonight. Won’t keep a clean sheet though so 3-1

Build the new spurs around Kane, Son and Dele. They each have great link up play with one another and look like they genuinely enjoy it too

Nope, we are gonna win tonight. I have my Dr G blind optimism head on.

Seriously though, we’ll see a performance tonight. Won’t keep a clean sheet though so 3-1

Huh? We’re in s**t form.
I’m not backing is to beat anyone atm.

I’ve had anything but optimism this season.
Weird take of my recent views

Huh? We’re in s**t form.
I’m not backing is to beat anyone atm.

I’ve had anything but optimism this season.
Weird take of my recent views
Going more by your pre-season views, although you’re on board with the state of the squad now.

Encouraging start this though

Going more by your pre-season views, although you’re on board with the state of the squad now.

Encouraging start this though

Not exactly.
I’ve stated many times our form has been s**t since February.

Don’t buy the argument it went back further into last season, and don’t buy that it’s the chairman’s fault.

I also think if we can kick into gear soon we can still waltz into top 4. We’re not far off, somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back