Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Is listed as 184cm which actually is quite short for a CB so maybe he is the Ben Davies (181cm) style full back who can fill in at CB
About standard height for a CB abroad, like in Spain, Portugal, Italy etc

Maybe Poms, Africans/African descent types and Germans produce many taller players?

We can’t really lose out though you’d think.

He flops and we send him back to Benfica and only outlay a loan fee and wages. He succeeds and we can buy a good young player for €50m.

Quintessential try before you buy January transfer

Last edited:

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It’s only a gamble in the sense that he’s not really proven looking at his career stats. Is he going to be enough to fix our midfield? You’d think not but I don’t really want to pre judge him but I find it hard not to. I just hope we are still looking at bringing in one more midfielder this window if possible

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
It’s only a gamble in the sense that he’s not really proven looking at his career stats. Is he going to be enough to fix our midfield? You’d think not but I don’t really want to pre judge him but I find it hard not to. I just hope we are still looking at bringing in one more midfielder this window if possible
It's a bonus what he can do this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen

When you’re offering up some decent money, you want said player to make an impact on the first team.

He is bought on potential. We’ve heard that one before.

Can someone help me out here, who was the last proven player on the world stage we bought that stepped straight in to a decent level?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
When you’re offering up some decent money, you want said player to make an impact on the first team.

Can someone help me out here, who was the last proven player on the world stage we bought that stepped straight in to a decent level?

Did we buy 1 or 2 with the bale money, Soldano and Paulinho? Both didn’t work out but they were well established players. Lloris and arguably Dembele the year before that. All the Poch signings were basically potential even Son to a degree. When I was growing up we were in for the best English teams could buy at the time. Gazza, Lineker, Klinsmann. Those days are long gone now

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

Toby

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Did we buy 1 or 2 with the bale money, Soldano and Paulinho? Both didn’t work out but they were well established players. Lloris and arguably Dembele the year before that. All the Poch signings were basically potential even Son to a degree. When I was growing up we were in for the best English teams could buy at the time. Gazza, Lineker, Klinsmann. Those days are long gone now
Alderweireld was fairly proven, just didn't work out for him at Atletico

Son and Wanyama had heaps of top flight football under their belts too

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
If we somehow land Luis on loan as well this could be recovered. Experienced strong striker who can finish and link up play well. 7 goals in 8 starts since joining Porto no idea why they'd loan him but that's the power of super agents in the modern game

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets

Van Der Vaart?

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
If we somehow land Luis on loan as well this could be recovered. Experienced strong striker who can finish and link up play well. 7 goals in 8 starts since joining Porto no idea why they'd loan him but that's the power of super agents in the modern game
Looking at his record, it's nothing special

Seems like he's a career squad player

Pass

:hearteyes:

He'd be a good fit as someone ready to play straight away and just a short term loan
Looking at his record, it's nothing special

Seems like he's a career squad player

Pass
all moot. Apparently being from Cape Verde there’s little chance of gaining an EU passport.

All regular sources saying deal unlikely, including the athletic with Ornstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back