Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you do it to yourself every window? These sort of players will not come. We all know the wage ceiling is way too low.

Odd remark. I’m the calmest here.

We could sign no one by the end of January and win, lose or draw I’ll happily watch us play until the end of the season.
You are happy watching the s**t we serve up week after week at the moment? Some of us want the club to succeed more than others I suppose, and when the club makes such a ton of money they want to see that cash spent on talent the team desperately needs. But that’s tempered by the fact we know it is very unlikely to happen. Important not to let it all temper your mood to any large degree, but I’m not about to sit here and say everything is fine either

You are happy watching the s**t we serve up week after week at the moment? Some of us want the club to succeed more than others I suppose, and when the club makes such a ton of money they want to see that cash spent on talent the team desperately needs. But that’s tempered by the fact we know it is very unlikely to happen. Important not to let it all temper your mood to any large degree, but I’m not about to sit here and say everything is fine either
More words in the mouth. Toxic thread atm.

You lot just cannot get past that I can admit errors are made through out the club including the board yet not scream for the owners to sell.

More irrelevant mumbo jumbo about wanting success and profits. I want us to sign another couple of players, one being a decent CF.

But if we don’t I’m not exactly going to stop watching and just melt. Football to me is sport that’s meant to be enjoyed.

It’s a cathartic release. Getting angry and upset I learned was not good for my health or enjoyment. Would love nothing more than for Jose to be standing under Wembley’s arch on Cup final day.

You just don’t get that I’m relaxed watching us. It’s why I was calm and relaxed watching us on the weekend and why I’ll switch the TV on regardless for the rest of the year. It’s not over confidence, or arrogance. It’s just who I am.

I don’t berate you for ranting about the club, that’s your catharsis.

Think I will look into our financial records. If I can find that retained profits are relatively low as that reddit user claimed then the arguments about spending are off the mark, logically if the board aren’t spending heaps of money as ENIC out fans claim then it’s either retained earning or withdrawn capital back to the owners. Think I’ll investigate and see what I can find. 2018 will likely be a massive outlier.

More words in the mouth. Toxic thread atm.

You lot just cannot get past that I can admit errors are made through out the club including the board yet not scream for the owners to sell.

More irrelevant mumbo jumbo about wanting success and profits. I want us to sign another couple of players, one being a decent CF.

But if we don’t I’m not exactly going to stop watching and just melt. Football to me is sport that’s meant to be enjoyed.

It’s a cathartic release. Getting angry and upset I learned was not good for my health or enjoyment. Would love nothing more than for Jose to be standing under Wembley’s arch on Cup final day.

You just don’t get that I’m relaxed watching us. It’s why I was calm and relaxed watching us on the weekend and why I’ll switch the TV on regardless for the rest of the year. It’s not over confidence, or arrogance. It’s just who I am.

I don’t berate you for ranting about the club, that’s your catharsis.

Think I will look into our financial records. If I can find that retained profits are relatively low as that reddit user claimed then the arguments about spending are off the mark, logically if the board aren’t spending heaps of money as ENIC out fans claim then it’s either retained earning or withdrawn capital back to the owners. Think I’ll investigate and see what I can find. 2018 will likely be a massive outlier.
Unfortunately for us we are signed up and contracted to this club until we depart this earth or as sometimes happens, lose interest. I doubt anyone posting on here is near the stage of either option. You don’t spend time posting on a forum about your team if you are close to losing interest.

There’s no doubt a club that suffers from a lack of ambition with a team that does not excite or challenge for honours will experience a decrease in support as supporters lose interest. Lots of empty seats at the United/Wolves cup replay recently is testament to that. A couple more years of the mediocre s**t we’ve experienced this season and some supporters will start to drift away, and certainly we won’t be attracting many new fans.

Supporters rant and rave, that’s what they by and large do when things go awry. They also have a philosophical outlook about it, ours tends to be “oh well, Spursy” which is another thing you regularly reject. You spend a lot of time on here posting so I suspect you care a lot more than you are letting on. You don’t win brownie points for being the calmest in the room when watching your team either. * the prawn sandwich brigade, passion and desire trumps that. When all is said and done though you go back to your life and carry on that much is true. Football is a distraction at the end of the day, one that should be an enjoyable one but clearly sometimes is not. Being passionate is part and parcel of supporting a team for most though

Unfortunately for us we are signed up and contracted to this club until we depart this earth or as sometimes happens, lose interest. I doubt anyone posting on here is near the stage of either option. You don’t spend time posting on a forum about your team if you are close to losing interest.

There’s no doubt a club that suffers from a lack of ambition with a team that does not excite or challenge for honours will experience a decrease in support as supporters lose interest. Lots of empty seats at the United/Wolves cup replay recently is testament to that. A couple more years of the mediocre s**t we’ve experienced this season and some supporters will start to drift away, and certainly we won’t be attracting many new fans.
You’re sounding like we’ve always been good and this is genuinely mediocre. No problem with fans wanting us to be the best we can be btw.

However, we last were a force in the league in the 60s. Our success and prominence in the 70s-90s was based around domestic and European cup success. We also had some of the best English talent to be proud of.

Football has changed in many ways since then. Firstly the best of the best English talent gets hoovered up by the powerful academies of Utd, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton and Sheffield. Then there’s players that fall through to other clubs who go for large fees with big clubs clamouring over their signature. Ferdinand, Rooney, Walcott, Ox, Wilshere, Bale, Shaw, Sessegnon, Maddison, Eze etc.

So getting the best English talent is much harder now. Add in that the wealth of the premier league has made clubs so wealthy and it becomes so much harder to win domestic cups.

Most domestic cups are now won by those 5 that are bigger than us, as top flight English football has been monetised on a scale we haven’t seen in football.

Our club has been busy since 2003 meticulously working to bridge that gap from us to those 5. The money invested in long term infrastructure, including our cash cow stadium is doing exactly that. To win those trophies we need to be like them and not be like West Ham or Everton who are the plucky underdogs with limited funds.

Why fans are getting upset is that we’ve embarked on this strategy to change who we are as a club, moving away from our roots as a successful cup team, and are trying to become one of the big boys. But you said it yourself (league cup thread last season) that to win a poxy league cup we needed to go through Watford, West Ham, Arsenal, Chelsea and then City. Ridiculously hard.

So in the changed landscape of football we cannot abandon our quest to join the elite and try and be a cup team again, the 5 bigger clubs than us swoop them all up so we have to keep working hard to get to where they are.

Mediocre is relative. 10 years back we just qualified for the CL for the first time so a 5th-8th finish that we may well get this season would be seen as normal. Now its mediocrity that’s apparently seeing fans stay away. Ok then.

profit/loss or retained earnings.

2010: (£6.6m)
2011: £0.69m
2012: (£4.28m)
2013: £1.52m
2014: £65.2m
2015: £9.36m
2016: £33.0m
2017: £36.1m
2018: £112m

So yeah we’ve raked in some big profits the last couple of years. Suspect they’ll be put towards stadium repayments so very hard to criticise given the long term benefits and forward planning they’re trying to safeguard.

Supporters rant and rave, that’s what they by and large do when things go awry. They also have a philosophical outlook about it, ours tends to be “oh well, Spursy” which is another thing you regularly reject. You spend a lot of time on here posting so I suspect you care a lot more than you are letting on. You don’t win brownie points for being the calmest in the room when watching your team either. fu** the prawn sandwich brigade, passion and desire trumps that. When all is said and done though you go back to your life and carry on that much is true. Football is a distraction at the end of the day, one that should be an enjoyable one but clearly sometimes is not. Being passionate is part and parcel of supporting a team for most though
What wank.

passion doesn’t trump anything. That implies it’s a better and more pure form of fandom and by extension superior.

Not true at all. We’re all just different.
I’ve tried remaining tolerant and insult free for yours and JD’s views. I’m not getting the same reciprocated.

You’re sounding like we’ve always been good and this is genuinely mediocre. No problem with fans wanting us to be the best we can be btw.

However, we last were a force in the league in the 60s. Our success and prominence in the 70s-90s was based around domestic and European cup success. We also had some of the best English talent to be proud of.

Football has changed in many ways since then. Firstly the best of the best English talent gets hoovered up by the powerful academies of Utd, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton and Sheffield. Then there’s players that fall through to other clubs who go for large fees with big clubs clamouring over their signature. Ferdinand, Rooney, Walcott, Ox, Wilshere, Bale, Shaw, Sessegnon, Maddison, Eze etc.

So getting the best English talent is much harder now. Add in that the wealth of the premier league has made clubs so wealthy and it becomes so much harder to win domestic cups.

Most domestic cups are now won by those 5 that are bigger than us, as top flight English football has been monetised on a scale we haven’t seen in football.

Our club has been busy since 2003 meticulously working to bridge that gap from us to those 5. The money invested in long term infrastructure, including our cash cow stadium is doing exactly that. To win those trophies we need to be like them and not be like West Ham or Everton who are the plucky underdogs with limited funds.

Why fans are getting upset is that we’ve embarked on this strategy to change who we are as a club, moving away from our roots as a successful cup team, and are trying to become one of the big boys. But you said it yourself (league cup thread last season) that to win a poxy league cup we needed to go through Watford, West Ham, Arsenal, Chelsea and then City. Ridiculously hard.

So in the changed landscape of football we cannot abandon our quest to join the elite and try and be a cup team again, the 5 bigger clubs than us swoop them all up so we have to keep working hard to get to where they are.

Mediocre is relative. 10 years back we just qualified for the CL for the first time so a 5th-8th finish that we may well get this season would be seen as normal. Now its mediocrity that’s apparently seeing fans stay away. Ok then.

profit/loss or retained earnings.

2010: (£6.6m)
2011: £0.69m
2012: (£4.28m)
2013: £1.52m
2014: £65.2m
2015: £9.36m
2016: £33.0m
2017: £36.1m
2018: £112m

So yeah we’ve raked in some big profits the last couple of years. Suspect they’ll be put towards stadium repayments so very hard to criticise given the long term benefits and forward planning they’re trying to safeguard.

What wank.

passion doesn’t trump anything. That implies it’s a better and more pure form of fandom and by extension superior.

Not true at all. We’re all just different.
I’ve tried remaining tolerant and insult free for yours and JD’s views. I’m not getting the same reciprocated.
I agree with a lot of that post, but it’s not really the issue here. You’re calm about things, good for you, but others are frustrated, good for them also.

Whether we are getting the full truth from you about how you feel is debatable though. There’s no way you’d spend this amount time posting if it wasn’t something you cared about with a degree of passion. I’d say a lot personally. You seem to think not being hurt by bad results is a strength, and that’s why you hide it.

The main point of frustration for fans is the club going over ten years without winning something, adding to that nearly thirty years since winning the FA cup we’ve only bagged two poxy league cups. This is why fans are finally losing their patience. We’ve just come off four or five very good seasons but without anything tangible to show for it in terms of silverware. Add that to the years of underachievement and mediocrity and then you get why patience is starting to wane. The fact that the board were hesitant in backing both Redknapp and Poch when very competitive teams were already assembled leads to a lack of faith in Levy’s project here. We are now going to have to rebuild again, and despite the vast profits the club has made in the last few years we know we will still have a shoestring transfer budget. Don’t ask or deride fans for showing their frustration or asking questions about the club. We are long suffering, and you may be a pacifist but others are not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with a lot of that post, but it’s not really the issue here. You’re calm about things, good for you, but others are frustrated, good for them also.

Whether we are getting the full truth from you about how you feel is debatable though. There’s no way you’d spend this amount time posting if it wasn’t something you cared about with a degree of passion. I’d say a lot personally. You seem to think not being hurt by bad results is a strength, and that’s why you hide it.
More than one way to show passion. By making hundreds of comments about the club over the years, thousands even, we are all clearly passionate.

Some additionally manifest that in moments of frustration with ranting and venting. I don’t.
For me it solves nothing, for others it may be cathartic to vent frustrations.

It is no more or less passionate, just manifested differently.

The main point of frustration for fans is the club going over ten years without winning something, adding to that nearly thirty years since winning the FA cup we’ve only bagged two poxy league cups. This is why fans are finally losing their patience. We’ve just come off four or five very good seasons but without anything tangible to show for it in terms of silverware. Add that to the years of underachievement and mediocrity and then you get why patience is starting to wane. The fact that the board were hesitant in backing both Redknapp and Poch when very competitive teams were already assembled leads to a lack of faith in Levy’s project here. We are now going to have to rebuild again, and despite the vast profits the club has made in the last few years we know we will still have a shoestring transfer budget. Don’t ask or deride fans for showing their frustration or asking questions about the club. We are long suffering, and you may be a pacifist but others are not
We’re all operating off imperfect information though no?

Doubt we ever get all the information required to make informed judgements.

Take the financial data above as an example. The club would have meetings each year, quarter, month... and would make budgets. We don’t know what, if anything, those profits may be needed for.

Like sure, if those are required to finance stadium repayments then hard to argue with. But if some of them aren’t then ask questions. Obviously we don’t yet know last years results.

But its nuanced imo. Many things have to align to make a signing. Some aspects are in our control, some aren’t.

1. Player must want to come here
2. There must be a squad spot available (HG or foreign).
3. The manager must see a need for the player.
4. Wage demands must be suitable.
5. Selling club must agree sale.
6. Visa/passport issues mustn’t exist.
7. Transfer fee and add ons must be reasonable.
8. Age related factors.
9. Views of the scouting team

There is undoubtedly occasions where the club has failed to push the boat out a little more and lost out on a player.

Or where chairman/scout/manager has wanted a certain player but someone else has convinced them otherwise. I.e Redknapp wanted Suarez but our scouts said he wasn’t up to it.

Players get rejected by the manager.
Players wage demands are too high.
Clubs valuations are unrealistic (Bruno Fernandes now has two PL clubs unable to agree fee for example).

This is why I find it harsh to lump all failed signing blame onto the board. They’re not always at fault, and sometimes they are it turns out alright (Ceballos and Berahino spring to mind). Dodged bullets.

So before I shoot from the hip about what the board is doing NOW (cos I don’t give a s**t about 10+ years ago. Irrelevant now), failing to spend cash on players I’d love to find out what proportion of recent retained profits are or will soon be needed for this stadium. Whatever that number is is beyond reproach for criticism IMO.

Whatever is left over should rightly be used to help Jose strengthen this team and squad for the future.

Lastly, noted that Jose has remarked this month that we are looking for a centre forward, but qualified it by saying the deal must be right. Hinting that we’re not just going to panic buy rubbish. Fair enough stance, but if we fail to sign someone deemed good enough then there needs to be a very good reason why. A centre forward is an essential transfer this month.

A few of us have had a few dream transfer scenarios how about a dream Tottenham Hotspur FC total club scenario.

For me it's something massive with Amazon and the NFL/US ownership that puts us truly at the top of world football. Amazon obviously doing the Spurs doco this year + they are stepping into TV rights in the UK and around the world. My ideal scenario starts with a naming rights deal for Amazon Arena. Then over the next year or so an announcement for a London NFL club playing out of the Amazon Arena with Bezos eventually buying out ENIC

Any truth or concerns about the Mourinho lost dressing room within two months? I really don't know if it's firstly all BS or if it is true is that even a problem.

The Rose story, the Ndombele situation in conferences, the handling of Parrott, Dele sub reaction and then Dier and Winks murmurings have surfaced within the first two months.

Only the Parrott and Ndombele scenarios bother me there if true.

If the dressing room was lost under poch and is already lost by Mourinho it tells us what some of us already felt, that this group are mentally too me, me, me to be winners and we should start again.

Big believer in where there's smoke there's fire with these things so whilst I'm not 100 percent backing the stories at all, there's definitely something not quite right.

Kane is usually pretty good in a season up until christmas/NY.
Not sure Cavani sits on the bench playing a Llorente-style backup that long. we don't pay enough for players of his ilk to do that.

----Lloris----
Aurier Alder Vert Sess
----DM----
Dele Ndombele
----Son-----
Kane Cavani

could work.
Son is capable of pushing up into the front 2 if required. With GLC or Dele behind them and the other in midfield.

That diamond 442 requires a lot of run and press from the middle 3 though
And quality attacking support from the full backs

Dele has to play just off the front 2 (or 3) as he is a wasted talent from deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back