Status
Not open for further replies.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Football is going to look very different when this is all over. Finances will be massively hit, and don’t forget for us we’ve still got a stadium to pay off. I can’t even get my head around what the club are going to do in the summer for transfers etc but all bets have to be currently off

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I think the role is much needed and he is a Mourinho choice so it can be hard to not like this.

Scarred a bit by Baldini who was also much needed, albeit not AVB's selection

I think the role is much needed and he is a Mourinho choice so it can be hard to not like this.

Scarred a bit by Baldini who was also much needed, albeit not AVB's selection
I agree.

We went down the DoF route which seemed quite progressive at the time and seen as quite continental but it didn’t work out.... now some see it as lagging behind if you don’t have a DoF.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I agree.

We went down the DoF route which seemed quite progressive at the time and seen as quite continental but it didn’t work out.... now some see it as lagging behind if you don’t have a DoF.
The games changed to the point where it is definitely needed. Feels like you need 3 key people involved now whereas it used to be two

Manager - given
Chief Scout - provides the scouting info from his team
DoF - link between the two which is needed because there will always be bias from either the Manager or Scouts. Also is the link between this setup and the board.

I dont think our setup right now works as Levy/Cullen play the DoF role but neither of them are well skilled in identify or coaching football talent

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Academy director John McDermott gone to the FA in the summer.

The dream team from two years ago of Poch, Mitchell and McDermott will now be Mourinho, ??? and ???

Huge summer

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Other reports say levy fell out with his agent with changed terms last minute. Pochettino is a huge Coutinho fan so who to believe.......

Also Kane is as good as gone whenever the next window opens up. Don't blame him but his comments on his Instagram live with Jamie Redknapp can only mean 2 things. Come and get me big club's or go hard in the summer or im gone to levy

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.

He's an absolute prick. Only in it for himself and his mate Joe.

Art Vandelay_ I'd like to know what you think of this.

Last edited:

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

He's an absolute prick. Only in it for himself and his mate Joe.

Art Vandelay_ I'd like to know what you think of this.
What I think is that it is disgusting our players haven’t offered or accepted a wage cut.

I think it also speaks volumes that a chairman who many aren’t enamoured with had lots of support today on the two forums I perused this morning. He took a paycut, probably should have been more than 20% but meh.

Then I saw these two posts and it pretty much sums it up for me.

What I will say is that the club has paid over £45m in taxes across the last 2 seasons (across the same period, teams like Everton have paid £0 and Man U roughly £20m) and much will depend on the situation we are faced with regarding current and future commercial revenues, how hard hit our match day revenues will be, how long it takes to find an agreement with the players regarding a drop in wages etc.

I read a post saying that in order to keep our low interest 23 year loan repayment agreement intact we need to demonstrate evidence of £100m cash in the bank at any given time. I know it’s s**t that these guys need to go through this but a) they aren’t working right now so I think 20% cuts in any job were you’re not spending travel costs, time away at the office etc is a fair circumstance across all jobs is something people need to expect isn’t bad given the current climate and b) the club have paid £45m in taxes in the last 2 years so why should it not take the option when we have probably paid more to this government than any other team have in recent times, Liverpool probably excluded?

It’s s**t for many but Levy is paid to look after the best interests of the club. I might get pelters for this but it’s just the harsh reality of a really unique mitigating circumstance. I really hope the players follow suit now.

It’s up to £2,500 a month this Furlough thing isn’t it? Not that it will come to that as people are on less than that but for 550 people, if all were hitting test £2,500 p/m limit, that’s £16.5m a year we are tapping into from being a very well run club in the past, meaning massive tax payments to those that come chasing. It’s tough but I can see why the club has done it, it doesn’t make it right or wrong however just giving a balanced view on why such a decision has been made.

Just shy of £70m in taxes across the last 5 seasons. I bet there ain’t many that have given the government so much. I’ll be interested to see if other clubs that have paid less than we have decide to follow suit

Everyone earning under £37,500 gross is 100% covered as the furlough money isn't subject to income tax.

Now I don’t feel so bad. £70m in taxes paid last 5 years and those who paid the least are fully covered.
As for the moaning about the bonus. He bloody earned that, 16 years meticulously working on the stadium project and it finally comes together. That he can keep, should be donating a higher % of his current salary but 20% is still higher than 25 highly paid shittrucks on 0%. Toby and Davies excepted as they have made donations to the cause

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wish I got a bonus for a project that missed it's deadline, went over budget and was detrimental to more important parts of the business lol

Yeah but you’re a moron who doesn’t understand much or listen.

1. overbudget. Brexit added 30% to costs.
2. Over time. Electricians nailed cables to the wall.
3. Detrimental. LOL. Tone down the hyperbole from 12/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back